Four mares up on cam now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is doing the same thing..I thought it was my computer..
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I hadn't heard of it either. Three of my ams are up Diane, but the little cycle in the center is still turning.Haz always done it.

Marcella is is the stall with Nellie, on the left hand side. She's the one with Falabella in her. Hoping for something real colourful from her.

Sorry the cams were down for a bit, not sure why. I'm looking into it.

what an earth are you doing up at that time Renee??..I thought I was bad with my catnapping all night but getting up at 3.30am in the dark
default_wacko.png
roll on early morning daylight at least we can get outside then and potter
default_aktion033.gif

Lindi, us horsey girls are weird you know! Eagle is having problems again so I went to check him.

Has anyone seen Ladybug? I haven't seen her for ages
no.gif

Good Morning All!!! It is raining pretty hard here today, Jan. 24th. So the girls will stay inside on camera for a treat. I did udder checks this morning and Fly (my maiden mare) is making progress. It is not much, but it is significant for a maiden. She's at day 278 or so today. Here are the pics

SDC17109.jpg

Flys' udder at day 277

SDC17115.jpg

Fly's udder today at day 278

I'm going to move the Ladybug camera so it faces directly at her so she can't be camera shy. I'll do that today after work.

Have a good day everyone!

amanda

Thanks for the pics she is definitely starting.

Moving ladybug's cam will be great cos she hide all night. Ggrrrrr

I had never heard of this marewatchers site til now. Glad you could get them on cam!

Yes Marewatchers is a inexpensive alternative and so far, I'm pleased with it.

I moved Ladybugs cam to just her stall, hopefully she can't hid quite as much now. Let me know what you think, it can be brought down even more if necessary.

Fly's udders are even bigger this evening. I mistook her dates though, she is at day 282, so right on time to be uddering a bit. None of the other girls are quite there yet.

Oooo how exciting Amanda! Will take a look at the cams during the day...
biggrin.gif
What a good girl fly is starting to bag up for her momma
aktion033.gif

Nothing new in udder land today. It's going to be mild and cloudy today, so they are all out in the paddock for some fresh air and exercise. Fly and Marcella are acting increasingly uncomfortable, they might be the first two to foal if this is any indication. Fly spends most of her night lying down and gettting up and lying down again. Marcella lays down a fair bit also, but I've also noticed she's started doing the cricket thing with her back legs. Like a cricket trying to make noise (rubbing her one back leg up and down over her other back leg). All good entertainment for now before anyone gets really serious. I figure we're probably at least 30 days to a foal, but there's always the chance of a surprise. The girls are at days 277-290 today.

Have a good one everyone.

Cool yay for progress ;) I remember my Suzie kept doing the cricket thing peob a month before foaling so all sounds good to me lol Can I ask who the foal is in your profile pic? Can we see a recent pic please?
laugh.gif

The filly that is in my avatar is Penny. she is a blue eyed overo pinto out of Ladybug, (stallion was a solid silver dapple). So I think where I've bred her to a pinto this time, I may very well get a nice loud pinto from her this time around. Fly is Ladybugs foal also, she has no blue eyes, but she does have lacing on her back.

I do have updated pics of Penny, but they are on my other computer which is not hooked to a monitor right now. I'll see if I can get them tomorrow.

Cassie, I went out and took some pictures today of Penny in her winter coat. Hard to see it under there, but she is a lovely fine little mare, she's turning two this year.

SDC17132.jpg

SDC17137.jpg

This is Ladybugs last foal born in 2010.

And for anyone who wants updated pics of the pregnant mares.... Here are some taken today

Nellie, a wide load as usual, Day 291

SDC17135.jpg

Ladybug, at day 276. Also pretty wide looking.

SDC17142.jpg

Then Fly, the one with the most udder and my maiden girl, Day 283.

SDC17140.jpg

SDC17138.jpg

And finally Marcella. She's been acting very uncomfortable today and she seems to have dropped. I didn't bother taking her behind picture because you can't even see her belly on each side anymore. Seems a little early for such things. She's at day 281.

SDC17146.jpg

Naw they all look so so good!! How many foals has Marcella had? How tall is she? Penny has the most amazing markings
wub.gif
Lol what a lovely girl
wub.gif
Those girls sure are a wide load lol
new_shocked.gif
Wow!!! Lol

Latest posts

Back