Four mares up on cam now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I only had one mare foaling last year but this year I have 4 in March and one in July. So I have multiple stalls up. Nellie is due the end of February, Marcella and Fly due in the first week of March and Lady bug is due the second week in March. I hope they keep it spread out like this, but we all know how mares can be. I could have three of them foaling at once with my luck. Anyways, all eyes are appreciated. Here is the MareWatchers link for anyone who wants to watch. Cameras are off during the day until we get closer, but will be on at night. God bless.

http://www.marewatchers.com/cam/huybersutopiaminiatures.htm

My email to let me know if you're not receiving the camera signal and it is evening here. The horses should be in every night.

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
Welcome, Amanda,
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah More mares to watch
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Please tell us more about your mares. What time zone are you in? I'm trying to pull up the stream now.
default_new_shocked.gif
We know how those mares can decide to change the rule book
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
. They like to make their own rules as they go along.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm in atlantic time zone. So right now it is daytime and everyone is out for the day. Will be up again tonight though.

Nellie is a tricky one, she only udders up a week or so before she foals (she went 323 days with her last foal). She's first up. Marcella has only had one other foal and was pasture bred, so no idea how long she went with that one. Fly is a maiden, my own little foal from 2008 (that is a stressful one for me). And Ladybug loves to go early (311-325 days). So like I say they could foal together as they were all bred in the first three weeks of April)

Here is link to my blog that I update each month with the girls belly pics, etc.

http://www.weerunner.blogspot.com/

Great Pics and beautiful mares.
default_aktion033.gif
Isn't it wonderful to see one line? Your girls are reaslly getting big. Poor Delilah doesn't look near as big as yours. From the back you can hardly tell and we're thinking probably March. I don't have a due date for her and no real foaling history as far as how long she went. Anyway I'm so excited for you. Four babies in March. I'll be watching
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked . I'm in central time zone so can't watch a whole lot right now but as you get closer I'm sure I'll be watchin yours and Delilah.

Welcome to the nut house Amanda
saludando.gif
Thank you for letting us into your barn
biggrin.gif

Are the cams off at the moment as it won't load for me?

Yes EAgle at the time you were looking the cams were off, they go on my time around 5pm when I put the horses in. They are on now if you see this message.

Oh goodie - more girls to watch over!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Be sure to keep us updated with progress please Amanda - good luck!
default_yes.gif

Welcome
default_saludando.gif
:salute

Thanks for letting us loony lot into your barn
default_new_rofl.gif

Hi Amanda, its 12 am your time n your prob sleeping, but the 4th cam isn't coming up...? says video loss...

if this happens are you ok with us hitting low alert? I can't ring international sorry... hope everything is ok... Diane are you still awake?

default_saludando.gif
Hi WELCOME from Wales UK..I will be watching..have all the cams up here and the picture quality is very good
default_aktion033.gif
Looking forward to seeing more babies
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
welcome to the nut house all your girls are just the cuties..and big bellys
default_new_shocked.gif
will be watching

thanks for sharing
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hey all, thanks for taking interest in my little mares. There are actually two with lacing. Nellie and fly, it is harder to tell on Fly as she is chestnut coloured (actually silver bay) whereas Nellie is a nice dark bay. Marcella, the black mare across from Nell is a minimal black appy with Falabella (Grosshills Comofin Falabella, is her great granddad). All four mares were bred to a chestnut pinto who is double registered, and all the mares are too.

As I'm sure you'll figure out, I have a weaver! Ladybug was injuring as a yearling and spent a few months recouperating alone in a stall. That was her way of whiling away the hours. She does not pass this undesireable trait down to her foals, proof is the horse in the stall across from her - Fly. Fly is Ladybugs 2008 foal. She's a maiden and that one makes me nervous, she was my very first foal.

There is no camera 4, but there is no way to configure my multiplexer to have just three cameras so I have to have that blank screen, but I'll turn off the feed on it so it does not say video lost.

any other questions and concerns, let me know.

my email is [email protected]

Thanks for the info, your girls are all adorable. Were they on marestare last year?

p.s you are up early
new_shocked.gif

Yes I did have my mare up on marestare last year, but just found the cost too much this year, so switched to Mare watchers. I get up around 615am so I can get the stalls cleaned, horse fed, dogs fed, etcc.... before I head off to work. I am so happy to be able to have these guys up on the internet so I can see them when I'm at work and during the night without having to run to the barn. It was -15 degrees Celcius last night and I like to avoid those temps when possible.

The following are the gestations of the 4 mares on Cam right now.

Nellie - 288 days (foaled around day 323 last foal)

Marcella - 277 days (no history on her)

Fly 279 days (she's my maiden girl)

Ladybug AKA 'the weaver' - 272 days (she has foaled 311-325 for me)

So I have a ways to go yet. Ladybug is just starting to make a little udder, everyone else is waiting for more civilized temps.

I thought so, the cams look further away but I recognised "the weaver"
biggrin.gif

They are very entertaining to watch so this should be a fun journey.
yes.gif
Thanks again for letting us in, we are a bit annoying and nutty but your girls will be watched more ore less 24/7.

saludando.gif
renee

Welcome!
saludando.gif
biggrin.gif
Glad we can help watch your girls for you!

ok, cool thanks for letting us know... will keep an eye on them for you
default_yes.gif

can I ask what weaving is? I have never heard of it before lol

Horses that spend alot of time in their stalls will sometimes resort to a vice to occupy their time. Some will chew their stalls, some suck wind, and some will begin to weave. Ladybug developed this little habit when she was very young and she will resort to weaving when she is unhappy or bored with her surroundings. She just shifts her weight from one front foot to another and back again while waving her head back and forth in rhythm with her feet. It doesn't do her any harm as she is not as obsessive as some horses, but she does her fair share. When she gets in Stage one of labor I often think she weaves so fast she could fly away! I've tried stall balls, lickits, etc... But it's like smoking for her, nothing can replace it. She even does it in the paddock when she is wanting to come into the barn. She's a funny duck.

Latest posts

Back