IT'S A COLT!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raine Ranch Minis

Reaction score
Well my mare Chey is 283 days today. (Jan. 10, 2012) I have begun checking her daily. She is stalled nightly. This is my first foal, so I am always checking her so I hopefully don't miss the birth.
unsure.gif
I will put pictures up tomorrow. It has been raining ALL day today.
no.gif
I am so excited for this baby!!!
biggrin.gif

Thank you for waiting with me.
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
ANOTHER MARE TO WATCH!!!!

Wonderful and welcome! We can't wait for pictures -- we just ADORE them! And we're good watchers -- while we also enjoy our chats!

Will she be on MareStare? We can cover almost 24 hours 'round the clock with all the countries we ladies are in -- so we'll be looking forward to your new arrival with enthusiasm!

default_wub.png
default_wub.png

PS -- some of us are "older" ladies, and we're always here to answer any questions you may have --- AND WE GUARANTEE -- no flaming on this forum! Just lots of love!
default_yes.gif
Thanks for watching!
wub.gif

Nope no mare stare.
rolleyes.gif
Just late nights, early mornings, and checks as much as possible.
wacko.gif
Plus school 4 days a week!
new_shocked.gif
I will definitively have questions later on. I think I know what I need to for now. (until I think of more questions
laugh.gif
)

How exciting for you!!
biggrin.gif
Will. Defitley be checking or updates n photos... What does she n the sire look like??
new_shocked.gif
She is a faded black and white pinto and the sire in a sorrel pinto. The sire is now a gelding so this is his last foal.
yes.gif

Welcome!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I will be watching for this baby
default_new_shocked.gif
. I have a smokey black and white pinto in foal to a sorrel and white pinto
default_aktion033.gif
. Congratulations on your upcoming foal!
default_aktion033.gif

Hi
default_saludando.gif
Welcome from Wales uk..so exciting that we can all share your happy time waiting for your new baby to arrive
default_aktion033.gif
its better than Christmas all the watching and the waiting
default_impatient.jpg
and always far better to have plenty to share the fun and excitment with...Im sure you will find all the support you can possibly need here ..BUT we can be very demanding with the pictures
default_yes.gif
I think we need some of your mare to start us off....PLZzzz
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
welcome to the nut house....another mare to watch
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

ask any questions where all more then happy to answer..

oh yes, us girls are very demanding on photos
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

Woo Hoo!!! Another mare to watch!
risa8.gif

Welcome!

Can't wait to see pictures of your little lady. Do you have any photos of the sire of the foal as well?

I am SO sorry Ladies!!! I haven't gotten home in the last two days until after dark and I haven't been able to take pictures. I will take them tomorrow. I don't have to go any where.
laugh.gif

Ok so first I will say a huge WELCOME from me in Wales, UK (live near Lindi Loo), great to have you here in the nut house and even better that you come with another mare for us to watch and wait over - and to coo and oooo over when she foals!!

Second, I, like the others, am dying to see some pictures of not just her, but your other minis too. Also could we have some details of your Chey - age, height, how long have you had her, other foals or is this her first?????

And last - do you have a name? We cant keep calling you Raine Ranch Minis!!

Now you know what a nosey lot we are. LOL!!

Ok so first I will say a huge WELCOME from me in Wales, UK (live near Lindi Loo), great to have you here in the nut house and even better that you come with another mare for us to watch and wait over - and to coo and oooo over when she foals!!

Second, I, like the others, am dying to see some pictures of not just her, but your other minis too. Also could we have some details of your Chey - age, height, how long have you had her, other foals or is this her first?????

And last - do you have a name? We cant keep calling you Raine Ranch Minis!!

Now you know what a nosey lot we are. LOL!!
Okay everybody here are the pictures.

lol031.jpg

This is the expecting mother.
wub.gif

lol035.jpg

This is the Sire.
wub.gif

Sorry for the terrible pictures. I didn't have any help.
rolleyes.gif

And for your questions Anna, Chey is 14 (I think I will have to check) she is 33 in., I have had her 2 years. She has had 4 other foals I believe. All with no problems. I hope we have that same outcome!!

Yes I have a name, Savannah.
biggrin.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hi Savannah! Your chips are beautiful. Join the ranks of "no help" at picture time. That's the way it goes around here.
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl . We manage tho.
default_aktion033.gif
We may be having a race to see who foals first your chip or mine
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

saludando.gif
Savannah, thanks for the pics and info, I can't wait to see this cute little baby.
wub.gif

Who is the ghost in the stallion pic?

Morning Savannah.
default_saludando.gif

Chey is cute, just my type of girl!! Is she actually that colour or at her age have any other markings 'greyed out'? I have a mare (now 27) who was totally white in the winter when I purchased her at 15, but was 'flea bitten' in her summer coat. Her registered name was Black Bess so I presumed she was born black, plus she has had several black foals for me - one was a roan/grey by the time it was 6, another is still very black at the age of 5 and the last one that I kept is also totally black at 8 and has produced two offspring who are still very black. Another older mare of mine was 'white' at 4 when I got her, but in her summer coat you could just see the outlines of large pale chestnut markings, making her a skewbald (pinto), 16 years on she still has these markings showing in the summer months, so hasn't actually 'faded' at all as she has aged! Arnt' colours complicated/interesting! LOL!!

Yes, who is that lurking at the back of your boy's picture?

Morning Savannah.
default_saludando.gif

Chey is cute, just my type of girl!! Is she actually that colour or at her age have any other markings 'greyed out'? I have a mare (now 27) who was totally white in the winter when I purchased her at 15, but was 'flea bitten' in her summer coat. Her registered name was Black Bess so I presumed she was born black, plus she has had several black foals for me - one was a roan/grey by the time it was 6, another is still very black at the age of 5 and the last one that I kept is also totally black at 8 and has produced two offspring who are still very black. Another older mare of mine was 'white' at 4 when I got her, but in her summer coat you could just see the outlines of large pale chestnut markings, making her a skewbald (pinto), 16 years on she still has these markings showing in the summer months, so hasn't actually 'faded' at all as she has aged! Arnt' colours complicated/interesting! LOL!!

Yes, who is that lurking at the back of your boy's picture?
Good Morning.
saludando.gif

Thank you for the complements on Chey.

As for her color, She is snow white in the winter like the picture above. In the summer and when clipped you can see black skin under her white hair. Actually I bought her in the winter of '09 and that summer when I clipped her I was like
new_shocked.gif
She has black under there!!
laugh.gif
Yes she has produced a black pinto foal and it did the same thing, white in winter/ white hair black skin in summer. I met that foal. The only other foal I know about was born a Black Pinto, but I don't know if he lost his hair color or not. Yes colors are complicated/interesting!
wacko.gif

The "ghost" in Buddy's picture are two of my nanny goats!
rolleyes.gif
Always in the way!!!
laugh.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hi Savannah! Your chips are beautiful. Join the ranks of "no help" at picture time. That's the way it goes around here.
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl . We manage tho.
default_aktion033.gif
We may be having a race to see who foals first your chip or mine
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Thank you! Yes I never have help when I need it.
rolleyes.gif
When is your mare due? I bet it will be neck and neck!!
new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back