Chablis and Rosie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosie: Bag about the same from this morning. Colostrum very easy to express. pH 8.4

Chablis: Slight increase to her bag. No colostrum but I expect it to come in tomorrow.

Well, hopefully they both wait until Jan. 1st! Normally I'm chompin' at the bit to see these babies but they have to wait so they aren't yearlings on Jan 1st!
default_biggrin.png
default_new_shocked.gif
That would not be cool. In March/April, our bred mares all went to 345-355 days. I thought I was going to die from lack of sleep.
default_wacko.png

Well, hopefully they both wait until Jan. 1st! Normally I'm chompin' at the bit to see these babies but they have to wait so they aren't yearlings on Jan 1st!
default_biggrin.png
default_new_shocked.gif
That would not be cool. In March/April, our bred mares all went to 345-355 days. I thought I was going to die from lack of sleep.
default_wacko.png
HAHA I bet!!

did you hear the story of my mare Suzie??!! we thought (well was told by my vet) that she had 6-8 weeks to go in April of this year...
default_biggrin.png
her gorgeous little colt did not come till October!!
default_rolleyes.gif
lol I'm suprise the marestare aunties weren't sick of Suzie and me by the time Finn came into the world!
default_new_rofl.gif

so I know exactly what you mean with the waiting game!!! LOL you poor thing,

well I hope they hold off for you until then!

We are selling down...so for the right price...I'll send anyone any where right now!
default_wink.png

lalalala I can't hear you!
default_new_rofl.gif

I badly want to import a shetland, I think they are stunning animals! But probably 3 to 5 years off being able to do that! I'll just have to spy on yours and wait for those beautiful foals instead
default_yes.gif

I'll be watching and hopeing with you they wait til the First.. Why does the camersa on Chablis flicker? Does everyone see this or is it just me? Or is it just a nervous camera that likes to jiggle
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
or maybe it's had too much coffee trying to stay awake
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm not sure why Chablis' camera flickers. I think it flickers more when we are using appliances in the house (currently, washer, dryer, dish washing machine, and oven are all in use). I've tried to adjust it but nothing seems to work.
default_gaah.gif
I was hopeing to turn them out today but it is slick as cat snot out there.
default_thumbdown.gif

It is certainly a regular rhymetical (sp?) beat that you have going on there LOL!!

If it is still going on when Chablis foals, I think you might just have to include something to do with music into the foal's name!
default_biggrin.png

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
That would be a good one Anna. Let's see if we can figure out a song name for Chablis. the flickers would be good set to music. Maybe turn on the stereo with the other appliances

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no ladies! We have to figure out a name that goes with wine (or any adult beverage) and happy or hooligan. I already have Happy Hour down for spectacular colt/stallion prospect. But I'm holding out for a filly.
default_wink.png

OOhh, sparkling wine is nice. Will have to see if it fits. Save that one possibly for a pinto filly.

Chardonnay, Clairette, Cointreau, Pinot Noir, Martini, Southern Comfort, Bootlegger

I think I'll stop there
default_new_rofl.gif

I was going to suggest Rhythm and Booze .....oooop's I mean Blues!!
default_biggrin.png

Oh wow! Great ideas everyone! I just remembered one. My dad used to make homemade wine and his "label" was Chateau Bubba
default_biggrin.png
God forbid, if I get a colt from Chablis....I might just have to name him that!

Update:

Rosie: This evening has medium firm bag that is easily expressed. pH 8.4 319 days

Chablis: Has a very small bag that's firm. Was able to express a droplet of colostrum with some work. 323 days.

Now, get to work on names for Rosie's baby (which looks like will arrive before Chablis!). Country Star Rosie Flores x Happy Hooligan.......

a Country Rose?

Rosie's happy Hooligan,

Star of the Country?

country star....

just some suggestions lol

YAY for progress!! CONGRATS!

Great name suggestions!! I will have to come back and read through them when the babies arrive.

Same old story on Rosie. pH 8.4, Calcium 200, smallish bag

Chablis finally had enough colostrum to test. pH 8.4, Calcium 200, small bag.

default_wacko.png
They are going to have to get a move on if they want New Year's babies.

Latest posts

Back