April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hubby hated my foaling theatre
wub.gif
no much going on in my bedroom cos I was glued to the screen
whistling.gif

If you can try and take pics around the same time of day it can also help. I always took mine either just before or during their dinner
default_yes.gif

Also read everything you can! I love 'The Complete Book of Foaling' and read it three times over before my first foal was even due. I now reread it at the start of each foaling season.

default_saludando.gif
the complete foaling book is a great book,,but man did it scare the sh#t out of me the things that

can go wrong but its better to be prepared
default_yes.gif

I'm hoping to get the book for Christmas, but I may get it before
default_new_rofl.gif
The girls always tell me to wait because I always get someting I want or need before Chrismas so it makes it hard to buy for me
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl . For the last year I have read everything on the forum and net that I could find on foaling. and yes it did scare the sh#### out of me. Lost the foal from April (mare) last March. Hubby said it was premature. Any way I havebeen studing and watching the foaling threads and marestare
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked , but still not sure of myself
default_unsure.png
Hubby has got up many a night and asked. "are you coming to bed?" I work during the day so I can only watch at night. That's why I want to get marestare for Delilah. I work about 5 or 6 minutes from the house, but can't get marestare on the computer there. I can tho check on LB and the threads. So far they haven't blocked LB
default_risa8.gif
I may have to retire if they do
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
. The last pic, as you can tell was at dinner. That will be about the best time for me to take pics during the week so I'll set that as my picture time. Thanks for the heads up Wings

I'm horrible with names so give me a little bit to get everyone sorted. Sorry I'm rambling. Renee you are just too cute
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl . Renee I have your name association so There is one. Cassie is easy (don't take that wrong) there's two. Please forgive me Wings and Lucky Lodge I don't have ya'lls association yet, but I will
default_cheekkiss.gif

Nothing new to report on Delilah. I know it's a little early, but I'm still watching. I even have my foaling kit ready. Thank ya'll for being my support and help with watching. I'll be talking to Heather in the next week or so to find out what I need to get everything hooked up for marestare.

Here's pics of Delilah and Tamboro the stud she is bred to. What do ya'll think are the possibilities?

378606_335609869787956_100000168368999_1662374_1358374491_n1.jpg
IMG_61971.jpg

Please forgive the bad hair day and funky hat. It was cold and I had been chasing the grandson.

Half my family calls me Wings so no worries on that count!
default_new_rofl.gif

You've got the potential for pinto, spots or both with that breeding!

default_saludando.gif
he,s a lovely stallion ,,guna be a nice foal..

my real name is jenny or jen ...i normal call every one by there forum names as there,s to many renee,s

and anna,s sorry guys
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
LOL

default_saludando.gif
Hi Diane, Missed you. So glad to see you back. Are the kids being a little better now? I hope so. I wouldn't mind having a filly that looks like Lola. I've always thought she was very pretty.
default_wub.png

'

Sometimes the forum names are long, like mine and I just like to know everyones given name
default_wub.png

Hi Hazel! I just wanted to post a pic of my Ferrari for you. Tamboro is his sire and Delilah is his maternal grand dam (his dam is pa peppermint patty). Ferrari is a bay and white pintaloosa with one blue eye. He also moves beautifully! I LOVE to sit and watch him run around his pasture! These pics are from earlier in the summer. He is in his winter woolies now, but I can tell that his blanket is spreading and there are more spots coming in underneath it! Maybe this will help give you an idea of the possibilities!

ps...the pics arent great...he is much prettier in person!

092311064642.jpg

092311065023.jpg

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Shes such a pretty mare
default_wub.png
and love the stallion too..thats going to be one cutie baby
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Hazel this is going to be one cute baby
wub.gif
Thanks for the pics, you are learning well
biggrin.gif
we LOVE pics
new_rofl.gif

Hazel, a little tip regarding names! Last year I made a list of the foaling mares, then I put the owners LB names next to the mares, then, as I got to know them, I put the owners proper names next to that. Soon got everyone sorted - as long as i left the list right by my computer as names really get me muddled! Of course I then had to add the foals names as the mares gave birth etc etc. Now I'm in a muddle again as most of our wonderful friends on here have produced several foals from several mares as the time passed - must make myself a new list!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Regarding colours, I'm not even going to go there! Last year I put Dragon (sorrel overo pinto) to Chapella (black and white pinto who has always thrown coloured foals from my solid coloured other boys) and got a jet black filly with a narrow white face stripe. This year the same pair produced, as expected, a well marked chestnut and white pinto!!

Bad pic of this pair of sisters. So guessing colours is not something that I do. LOL!!

October11041.jpg

Must add that, no, the foal's leg was not about to drop off!! She is on quite a steep slope and took a step closer to her sister just as my phone went 'click'. LOL!!

Must add that, no, the foal's leg was not about to drop off!! She is on quite a steep slope and took a step closer to her sister just as my phone went 'click'. LOL!!
new_rofl.gif
Anna no one thinks your horses legs are falling off
new_rofl.gif

You are a scream, pass what ever it is that you are on tonight
smokesmile.gif

ps. just thought of another interesting colour. The other black yearling in that picture above (totally black - no white anywhere) is out of a black and white mare who also has Sabino (dam snowflake appy, sire black and white) by my Falabella boy, who does often throw colour from solid mares - but even then I end up with a black!!????

LOL!! Renee - nothing exciting, just
default_smokesmile.gif
and polo mints!!

But we are having bad storms here and the moon is not far from being full!!

Jess, thanks for the pics of Ferrari. He is getting better looking every day, I thnk. And more blanket
default_wub.png
how wonderful. Ooh, my Delilah has a grandbaby. So everyone. Delilah is not a madien. Guess I'm going to have to start a family tree for her
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Even though I would like to see lots of spots, my main concern is that the foal (boy or girl) is HEALTHY! I'm gong to love it no mater what it looks like
default_wub.png
We all can put in our order of what we want, but we all want the same thing at foaling. A healthy foal, our main concern.
default_wub.png

AnnaC, we're thinking along the same lines. Last night I started my list with forum names and given names.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
. Such pretty babies. AND all the green
default_new_shocked.gif
. I've about given up on seeing green around here for a while. Hopefully we'll get enough moisture to have some pasture next spring.

Thanks Renee (Eagle), I've been trying to soak everything up like a sponge. Some may drip back out, but I try to keep it from doing that
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

That list is a good idea. It is hard to remember, especially at first!

And I love Ferrari, Jess!

Latest posts

Back