SAFFIRE HAS FOALED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
hi ,,,,well ive decided her name is little lucky lady in waiting,,stable name lady,,,

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah staffire has had a POO her fanny has gone down but still a bit of blood on it do you

think i should give it a nice sponge down if she will let me..

little lady is doing great she is such a little cutie
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Great news about the poo!! Keep those mashes going for a few days yet.
default_yes.gif

If she will let you, I would try a gentle wash down, she might thank you for it especially now some of the soreness/swelling has gone down.

default_saludando.gif
well what a day,, been at my brothers house helping him pack and move house...

little lady is doing good,,but ive notice when she runs her stifles sort off flick out ...my friend reackons she a bit wind swept...is this what it sounds like is this bad..
default_no.gif

Oh Gosh jenny, not more worries for you!
no.gif
It is hard for us to say without seeing her, could you take a video of her for us? Your friend was there with you so if she thinks it is nothing I am sure she is right. Some foals have some serious leg problems when they are born due to being squashed up inside mummy, they soon sort themselves out though. Diane and Anna have some wonderful examples of this somewhere on here, I can't remember but I think they were posted on Cassie's thread.

OMG! Just got home last night and was catching up this morning. Lady is absolutely beautiful
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
. Congratulations Jenny
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I'm thrilled everything went well for Saffire and you. Hope you are feeling better today. Got to go check on my mew chips. Will have pics latrr on the forum.

default_wub.png
She is just beautiful
default_wub.png

had a mad weekend with the trees which is all good of course.. kissed my Dad off..hes avoiding the winter months here and enjoying the sun down under with you all in Aus
default_aktion033.gif
lucky dabba..Im getting a bit left behind with the foaling callender now..whos due next ??

I very much doubt it Jenny - usually the first sign is the foal being really off colour and moping around! With those long legs of hers I'm very suprised that Lady isn't MORE 'wonky'! Many foals with legs that long look as though they are wobbling around on stilts for several weeks after their birth.

Just make sure she gets plenty of 'out' time and has the room to race around without having to do sharp corners or sliding stops because she has reached a fence too soon and she will be fine.
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
thanks annac ...her back hoofs, she seems walk on the toe and then when she walks her hips flick out

really hard to explain...i also have notice when i dryed her off when she was born the white towel i used

is brown like she was covered in poo

default_saludando.gif
thanks guys,,i think i do read to much and worry way to much...i went to the vet today to pay my

bills..i have spent over $1700
default_new_shocked.gif
on 3 foals not cheap to breed...anyway .. the vet was there and i got to have a good chat with her,,,she says ladys legs will just turn out fine..
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

thank you to everyone who has been there through out all my babys having babys

i dont think i would have coped as well as i did with out you all ..

you all mean a lot to me ..

oh and just b/c my babys have foaled dont think for a miniute that you have got rid off me..
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

thanks jenny

Thank you Jenny, you are part of our "family" too, right girls?
cheekkiss.gif

Exactly right Renee n Jenny I hope your planning to stick around cos it's our turn to be the aunties for the other side of the world over the next few months
default_smile.png

Oh yes Jenny, you are certainly one of the 'gang'. Plus I would like to thank YOU. I personally have learnt so much from the experiences that you have had with your minis this year (not good experiences for you, I agree), plus your willingness to share it all with us!
default_yes.gif

Can I add another 'thought' to your question about Lady's hind legs. Think back to when she was just born and you were drying her off. At this point and during/before birth, her back fetlocks were 'bent' anyway - just like they are if you pick up a foot to clean it our. Front legs are straight out but back hooves are held in a backwards position. It therefore follows that for the first week or more a foal will be walking a bit 'tippy-toe' on those back legs until normal exercise/running around can stretch the back tendons enough to let the heels reach the floor. Much better to have a foal born this way than one with 'lax' tendons, with it's heels and even fetlocks on the floor!!

Cassie, you are up too early, I hope your foot isn't still playing up
no.gif

default_saludando.gif
well little lady is doing great ,,,she a very timid girl not like her brother de-ago

the weather here has gone really weird..the last couple of days its been stinking hot now its raining

hows the weather over your way cassie/wings

default_saludando.gif
well little lady is doing great ,,,she a very timid girl not like her brother de-ago

the weather here has gone really weird..the last couple of days its been stinking hot now its raining

hows the weather over your way cassie/wings
its FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they had snow on the mountains!!!!! can you believe that!!!! SNOW IN DECEMBER!!!!
default_wacko.png
LOL we even had our fire going last night! it has reached above 18 degrees here all day and we will probably light the fire again tonight! Smartie is back in his winter rugs again and my poor girls just have to bear it! they are in their full summer coats!!
default_rolleyes.gif

is it still hot over your way Jenny? or has it cooled down?

default_saludando.gif
the weather has gone mad last couple of days weve been getting 36deg and now we have rain

and a thunder storm
default_wacko.png
:wacko
default_wacko.png
no wonder are bodys keep going into shock hot one miniute then cold

and raining the next...wow just got the biggest clap of thunder it shoke the house
default_new_shocked.gif

Hya jen, finally made it thru the registration process
default_aktion033.gif

heres some pics of my phone i took when lady came into the world

Image057.jpg

Image152.jpg

Latest posts

Back