SAFFIRE HAS FOALED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
thanks everyone ,,saffire and bub are doing great,,bub is on the milk bar alll the time
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

ive had about 1.1/2 hours sleep so iam a bit of a zomby

will take photos asap

default_wub.png
aww she is stunning..just so perfect and well worth waiting for you must be so happy
default_wub.png

aktion033.gif
I can't wait to see more pics
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Diane, may I ask why you are going to school??

Good Lord Lindi, what time did you get up this morning?

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
hi guys what a day ive had 1 1/2 hours sleep and ive been on the go all day
default_no.gif
been doing fencing

putting up electric fence just been go go go all day its been 34deg here so a very hot day..even got a bit

sun burnt and ive got skin like a cow hide LOL

didnt get a chance to take any photos of my new little girl today..i will take some tomorow

will be a early night for me tonight got to go to work tomorow
default_no.gif
:No-Sad
default_no.gif
:No-Sad

a photo of my brothers horse molly she is clydesdale X tb

r0wm1k.jpg

can you see my little beau next to molly

5fnfqs.jpg

It is amazing what us girls can do and put up with when we have to!

Girl power rules!

default_saludando.gif
well its 10.30 at night here and i still havent slept yet...had visitors and thay just left

my eyes are all blood shot from a lack of sleep and i think iam getting the flu
default_no.gif

seems really strange no cameras on and no mares to watch wow iam gunna get a full nights sleep
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

well iam gunna go sleeps now as my eyes are stinging..and ive got to get up and go to work tomorow
default_no.gif

good night
default_wub.png
i will i promise take photos tomorow of my little girl
default_yes.gif

Aww bless you Jenny..Im sure you will sleep like a baby for the first time in months knowing Saffires baby is safely here at last and mum has it all in order
default_yes.gif
Enjoy.. it you deserve it
default_smile.png

Oh I was up early as always Renee sorting out the ponies the piggies and the chucks before getting everyone else sorted before a day out in the cold with the trees lol
default_rolleyes.gif
..home at last with a gorgeous log fire blazing hence my rosey cheeks lol thats my excuse anyway nothing at all to do with the Jack Daniels n coke sitting next to me
default_472.gif
hehe..have a good weekend ALL...its the calm before the storm for me lol
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindi pass the bottle, you know drinking alone is not permitted. Lol

I thought my day started early at 6.30 but wow you beat me! I love my early summer mornings with the chips before the kids wake up but it is starting to get tough now it is cold and dark.

Jenny, Molly is gorgeous!
default_wub.png

Must admit she's a lot lighter than I thought she would be - I expected more of a weight carrying horse, which she is obviously not! Do you know what the cross is (with the Clydesdale), perhaps that would explain her lighness of bone and her good looks? I am also presuming she's a youngster? But that picture of her and Beau is soooooooo sweet.
default_yes.gif

Oh Lindy, tonight is certainly one for the blazing log fire isn't it with or without the bottle? I hate this rain especially when it is coupled with such a cold wind. Brrrrrrrr!

default_saludando.gif
good morning ,,just woke up and i still feeling like iam a zomby maybe b/c ive got the bloody flu now

molly is crossed with a t/breed thats probly why she not so chuncky..i think she about 4 yrs old and my brother has had here since she was born and he,s done nothing with her...i mean nothing
default_no.gif
no training at all ,,,but he does work hard and does,nt have much time for her but he just wont part with her...so now she,s at my place iam going to train her and brake her in......

default_saludando.gif
good morning ,,just woke up and i still feeling like iam a zomby maybe b/c ive got the bloody flu now

molly is crossed with a t/breed thats probly why she not so chuncky..i think she about 4 yrs old and my brother has had here since she was born and he,s done nothing with her...i mean nothing
default_no.gif
no training at all ,,,but he does work hard and does,nt have much time for her but he just wont part with her...so now she,s at my place iam going to train her and brake her in......

I think that is lovely Jenny, and she is a beauitful mare!! so glad you will be doing something with her now....

sorry to change the subject... but WHERE is our update of your beautiful new baby/???!!!!!!
default_unsure.png
ahem... LOL

some day piccies would be lovely to please!!!
default_wub.png

sorry you have the flu.... it sucks. but with all the weather changes we are having at the moment its no wonder everyone is getting sick!!! up n down, wet n dry, it can't make up its mind LOL but at least the grass is growing great!!
default_biggrin.png
I love the rain!
default_aktion033.gif

I'm so sorry that you have the dreaded flu bug Jenny, you have probably got very run down with the lack of sleep and all the stress of the last few weeks. Lots of chicken soup and honey and lemon drinks plus loads of sleep (if possible!) will soon set you right - hopefully!

Molly is so gorgeous and I'm pleased she has come to you and will soon be doing/learning new things, but well done to your brother for not just passing her on because he never had the time to start working with her.
default_yes.gif

Take care and try to rest as much as possible. ((((HUGS))))

default_saludando.gif
saffire has not had a poo yet,,,iam going to give a bran mash for here ..got any other ideas

how to get her to poo...and her fanny is really swollen...my poor baby girl

Wow Jenny she is absolutely gorgeous!!!I think I'm in love!!! She really is absolutely beautiful!!!Safire has done a beautiful job! So is her name little lucky lady in waiting??Love the barn name lady for her
default_smile.png
wub.gif
She is simply gorgeous!!

wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Oh Jenny she is absolutely fantastic - very pretty and so well marked too!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Mares often dont poo until 24 hours after foaling becaused they 'emptied' out all the poo when in labour, so it is going to take up to 24 hours for food to be passing through their systems again. It is important that from foaling to at least several days afterwards a mare is offered regular mushy/wet feeds and soft leafy hay alongside her regular grass - it is very easy to get a blockage as her system slowly starts working again if too much dry food is given, plus it can cause the mare more pain if she is having to struggle to do a 'hard' first pile of poo the day after foaling! So keep it wet and keep it green is the best policy for newly foaled mares.

Poor Saffire is probably a bit swollen at the back because for a start she was a maiden mare and also Lady is a big foal for a first foal. I suspect Saffire had a bit more of a struggle to get her born than perhaps you realised, which is why it is good if you can be there to help ease a first foal (any foal) out into the world, to 'shorten' the time that the mare is fully 'stretched' as the withers/shoulders/chest area is working its way through the birth canal. I'm sure the swelling and bruising will go down in a few days, bless her.
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
thanks annnc ...but she hasnt had a poo for 3 days

hope she has one by tomorow giving her a mashy bran.

.iam pretty chuffed with saffires foal shes lovely
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I cant think of any other names for her so lady it is unless anyone else can think of something

lucky lodge said:
1322905619[/url]' post='1430396']
default_saludando.gif
thanks annnc ...but she hasnt had a poo for 3 days

hope she has one by tomorow giving her a mashy bran.

.iam pretty chuffed with saffires foal shes lovely
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I cant think of any other names for her so lady it is unless anyone else can think of something
You dnt like lady? Ok we will put our thinking caps back on want we ladies lol hmmm.... She could always be " so so " Renee would love that lol wouldn't you Renee hehe We will come up with the perfect name for your perfect little lady
wub.gif

Little lucky queen of hearts? Queenie??Little lucky saffires image? Can't think of a barn name for that one lol sorry Imogen but that's not really a horse name lolLittle lucky 1st saffire princess? Cos she is saffires 1st n she was born on the first...?

Little lucky on saffires wings? I think I like lady in waiting or queen of hearts lol but will keep on thinking on it hope you like some of those suggestions... Re the poop... All the advice I can give is making sure she has plenty of cool fresh water! Especially in this heat!!! N really wet cool mushy feeds.... Speedi beat is perfect for this... N Brenda but whatever you have will work greAt hehe good luck!

Latest posts

Back