SAFFIRE HAS FOALED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes, we want a video
yes.gif

Castle Rock Miniatures said:
1323719096[/url]' post='1432925']Yup! I'm back. I had to quit -- not because of the students (although I wish I could say it was), but because of the principal of the Charter School. 3 of my students were found to have brought that famous 1960's weed to school, and gave it to some of the younger children to smoke! So, of course, "to be cool" they proceeded to smoke it and get a bit high!

The principal -- even with names, contraband, etc., DID NOTHING TO THE STUDENTS! She didn't reprimand them, no suspension....no nothing! Just said they were "learning to make decisions for themselves, and they would eventually learn...."

Well, I don't believe in that! I think the whole thing creates an unsafe environment for the students, and the parents of about 90 children agreed, and withdrew their kids from the school last week. I certainly was NOT going to be willing to stand at the head of that class as the "teacher." The police came, the board from the school district came, etc., and I quit on Thursday -- not returning to school Thursday or Friday.

So, it's been a bit rough here -- I'm having a bit of depression over the whole thing -- but I will NOT be part of anything like that where younger children are at risk, and the adult in charge does nothing!

So, I'm back, and going to "home-school" several of the children that were withdrawn beginning right after Christmas break. Florida students have a big "state-wide" test (the FCAT) given in late March/early April, so I'll be helping to prepare several students for the test and get back up-to-speed so they can re-enter the public school system.

default_wacko.png
Omg Diane! That is terrible how awful!! If kids brought anything like that to any of the schools I went to they would immediately be expelled ! I did go to private schools but I know of public schools doing the exact same! That principal should be sacked in my opinion!!! LolGlad you stood up to it all good on you for quitting! I know it must have been hard but I think you made the right decision
yes.gif
Bwdik hehe

Omg Diane! That is terrible how awful!! If kids brought anything like that to any of the schools I went to they would immediately be expelled ! I did go to private schools but I know of public schools doing the exact same! That principal should be sacked in my opinion!!! LolGlad you stood up to it all good on you for quitting! I know it must have been hard but I think you made the right decision
yes.gif
Bwdik hehe

Ditto here! I was also a private school girl but if I did something like that it would have been public execution, skip the expelling!

That or let my parents deal with me. I think the execution would have been safer
default_new_rofl.gif

Glad you stood up for your principles against the principal (yes that line amuses me greatly and had to be typed out
default_yes.gif
)

OH MY, Diane! That is awful! It is so scary the things that go on in schools. I hope something happens to that Principal. It is not fair to the students at all. Not safe and not fair. I have been unhappy with my sons school he is in now. There have been several instances where my son was in trouble after he had been bullied because he called the bully a name and someone tattled without telling the whole story and ONLY my son was disciplined. We have had to go up and get them to look into the situations and then my son STILL got in trouble after being bullied. It makes me so mad how they have handled things. These poor kids.
no.gif

Goodness that is dreadful Diane! How on earth are children going to learn right from wrong if the adults in charge do nothing?? World wide, schools seem to have gone to pot nowadays (LOL! just realised what I've written!)

Well done for walking out - good luck with the group you are going to help after the New Year.
default_yes.gif

Great to have you back!
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Goodness that is dreadful Diane! How on earth are children going to learn right from wrong if the adults in charge do nothing?? World wide, schools seem to have gone to pot nowadays (LOL! just realised what I've written!)

Well done for walking out - good luck with the group you are going to help after the New Year.
default_yes.gif

Great to have you back!
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Anna that line was so funny. But Seriously Diane, I agree. Well done. The group will will be better off with the help they get from you than in a school that allows that kind of behavior. Glad you are back, we have missed you.

Latest posts

Back