Worlds Smallest Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dwarf Thumbelina is 17 1/2 inches My link ---that is her website or are you talking about Einstein? Don't think he is smaller than she is now

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read, Einstein at 2 is 20"

I believe he was being put in the genius books of records as the smallest stallion weighing 6lbs at birth. Not sure if that has been done.

Last edited by a moderator:

[/quote

Einstein turned one this past April. I am not sure if they know how to measure him properly. It would be interesting to have him measured by someone who knows how to do it right. He looks taller.

Riverdance'

quote name='Reble' timestamp='1320453896' post='1423941']

Einstein turned one this past April. I am not sure if they know how to measure him properly. It would be interesting to have him measured by someone who knows how to do it right. He looks taller.

Sorry I meant to say going on 2 he is 1 year 7 months. and is said on FB, he is 20" tall.

All about Einstein on FB

https://www.facebook.com/einstein.minihorse

https://www.facebook.com/Einsteinmini

Just saw him on Good Morning America today celebrating his 2nd birthday. I saw a post on facebook from a fan that they say he is "around" 24" tall. I wish they would get him measured by a ring stewart and get his EXACT measurement. I am really tired of hearing that he is "around that" height. Stop guessing and get him measured already! I see he still has that roached back too among other things.
default_no.gif
. Einstein is very cute an all and he is obviously very WELL taken care of - I am sure the king of his farm
default_yes.gif
. You can tell he is well loved. But he is not the epitome of the breed and they need to stop being barn blind and admit that he is just a really a small pet quality mini.He is not the ideal in miniature horse conformation and should not be bred (i hope not). I still see dwarfism in him. While it may not be as extreme as most. I see it. I love in their interview they say his size is a throw back. LOL - FYI. A friend and I both have dwarves that are directly related to Einstein! So I can tell you his size is not just a fluke. He has dwarfism in his background.

I saw on GMA too that he was celebrating his 2nd birthday. I don't think he can be called the world's smallest horse anymore but yet they still claim he is. Also I couldn't tell if they were talking about minis but they said he had a couple of girlfriends and he's old enough to do it. He's cute but not stallion material.

To answer the original post, I believe Thumbalina is technically the smallest horse (a dwarf) at 17" (mature height).

Einstein isn't the smallest anything. There is so much deception in his "advertising" that it turns my stomach. His "official" website and fb pages are full of photoshopped pictures which tells me they know EXACTLY what they are doing. They know is has huge conformaiton flaws and if they don't know he is a dwarf, then they are not nearly as smart as I thought. His pedigree has dwarf-producing horses in it, near and far. It's a scam. Plain and simple. Of course, this is just my personal opinion ;)

I think his being or not being a dwarf is totally irrelevant. He is not the smallest horse, at "around" 24" he is probably just in the bottom size bracket (Rabbit was 24" at 24 months and grew to be 28"- both measured, btw) but, for me, first and foremost, he just is not stallion material, and never has been.

Also, for me this is almost equally as important, the owners that have declared all along he is just a well loved pet and would not be red from, now have bought him some girlfriends. Isn't that the cutest thing???

Time to introduce stallion licensing, America!

LOL -- I'm not defending Einstein or his owners, but if they don't know how to measure him correctly, they would most likely be measuring at a higher point than last mane hair/bottom of withers and therefore be measuring him TALLER than he actually is -- unless they think they should measure where his chest meets his neck or something equally unlikely.

Oh yay, another "Einstein is ruining the miniature horse image" thread
default_rolleyes.gif

His exploitist owners are giving the public a terrible impression of what miniature horses are. I think it's a shame.

Do we really have to have an Einstien bashing thread every couple months?? Measuring is not an exact science, my gelding has measured from 34" to 35.5" by official stewards....I don't see that Einstien is harming the miniature horse in any way...he is cute, may get some people interested in the breed. If you don't like it do your own publicity...parades, local events, inform the press of events in your area.

I see pictures of him visiting the elderly and out and about. I think it probably gives people who have never seen a mini up close a lot of pleasure to see such a small horse and his size generates a lot of excitement. I also see nothing wrong with writing childrens books, etc. Not everyone is going to run out and buy minis because of Einstein and if he can be a goodwill ambassador and bring cheer to the world, that's enough for me. I personally have a 27" mare who everyone loves. Children go crazy over her because of her size and gentle nature and I get a lot of pleasure out of seeing them interact with her. I'd never even think of breeding her though. Anyway, there's so much strife in the world if a small horse can bring pleasure to his fans, is that a bad thing?

My daughter used to own a well proportioned stud that was 26" at maturity. I will bet that he was every bit as small as Einstein was when he was born. No bigger than a cat..

Einstein is a BIG DISSERVICE to the Miniature horse industry!!!!!!!!!

Since I feel they are in it for the money, I am sure they have bought mares to "make babies" so they can sell them for big bucks.

It is such a shame that the news media today is all for sensationalism and not facts anymore. I no longer watch the news because of this.

Is the horse himself hurting the mini horse industry, NO! The owners are the ones promoting him and hurting the industry. This little horse deserves to be loved and cared for, just as any other little horse, and it looks as though he is. Shame is the owners are using him to try and make a few bucks and therefore hurting the reputable breeders. But, look at who whey are marketing too, the uneducated public, true mini people don't buy into this at all. When I first got into minis after having arabs, one of the Vets I worked for said, why do you want a dwarf horse when you have been doing so well with your arabs. I was shocked, but that was his conception of the miniature horse. I loaded a mini in the trailer and drove it to work and changed his mind. Seeing is believing. Get out there and promote the breed that we love so much, and not just for ribbons, and trophies, but do demos, parades and go to nursing homes. We can also educated the public if we try!

I was under the impression that a horse with dwarf characteristics could not be registered AMHA?

Should a horse exhibit those characteristics and has been registered AMHA, the papers could be revoked.

Latest posts

Back