Classic K Miniatures thread. pics and updates on my mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will have to ring Anna when my mares are due cos I run round like a headless chicken. Lol

sorry girls about the whole stressing thing.... that weekend was crazy! sad day at the vets with the puppy... and then my friend lost her foal to a bad distocia... I was kinda stressing a bit, also the breeder of Penny and Suzie emailed me (as I had emailed her some pics) saying that Penny rejected her first foal and that she had to twitch her so she could let the baby drink... also Mark, the owner I bought them off, said he had to break the sac for the foal she had with him... so as you can imagine I started stressing...
default_wink.png

but I have a wee foal test on order should hopefully arrive by the weekend... oh and a pressie for Finn, actually two hehe, I'm hoping he will like them!

because if Penny is in foal I want to be ready for any circumstances and definitley have finadine on hand and such...
default_yes.gif

I also hadn't felt any movements from her tummy at the time for a few days so I was concerned, I thought I felt something yesterday and the day before... but I will get the foal tester to confirm and then I will know
default_biggrin.png
its just easier... and less stress
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png

yes Anna we are so greatful for all your knowledge and wisdome!

Thankyou!!!!
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
hi cassie sorry i havent been on pennys thread for awhile as iam to a bit stressed

i havent felt or seen any movement in saffire at all and she is in foal so dont that stress you out

sorry to hear about your friend losing her foal its just heart braking

give her a big hug from me

is this pennys second foal she may be completly different with this foal

ME chilled, calm, laid back??????? Oh no!! Come on guys, you all know how easy it is to offer help etc over the internet, but in the real world when you are involved yourself, it's a whole different ball game - and the PANIC gets WORSE as you get older!!

I love foals but hate breeding/foaling. I'm a total jelly when I see one of my girls getting ready to foal (and for several weeks beforehand) you ask Cathy LOL!! She says that she is happy to have me around as back up, but my breathing down her neck makes her get extremely nervous herself.
default_yes.gif

Two of the mares foaling next year, last foaled as maidens last year (so have missed a year), both had straight forward foalings, but the foals were (understandably) quite a tight fit. I'm ALREADY getting worried about them for next year......will they be ok, will the foals be a lot bigger, etc etc! You lot are talking excitedly about your next year's foals - I'm already getting into a muck sweat!
default_rolleyes.gif

Lindy - I dont think the stuff that I
default_smokesmile.gif
is helping at all, might have to send it back to where it came from coz it is not having the effect that I was promised. LOL!!

I often think that we should have a topic on here for all the 'general' pictures that we want to share, after all it does say 'Cam watchers chat board'. But I'm worried that it would get moved to the Photo and Video Forum???

So oncee again I am borrowing Penny's thread for some general pics - apologies to Cassie and Penny.
default_yes.gif

A visit to the girls to count them, taken a few days ago - sorry about the misty background, it was the morning mist rising up from the valleys below!

Ah ha spotted a few!

October11004.jpg

October11005.jpg

October11012.jpg

October11007.jpg

Now where are the rest - there should be 42!......continued......

Here they come - they were hiding down the dell.....

October11015.jpg

October11016.jpg

October11013.jpg

The foals spot something of interest down the slope - think it might have been the dog.

October11017.jpg

Bringing the 'dell hidees' up into a top field.

October11019.jpg

hang on folks - more to come..................

More followers gather and join the group.

October11023.jpg

October11021.jpg

All counted and present and correct - time for a quick word with a foal.

October11025.jpg

and there's that dog!

October11024.jpg

Thought I would catch one of Dragon out in his field, but he was little more than a pimple on the horizon!!

October11026.jpg

October11027.jpg

That's all folks.
default_yes.gif

Sorry you have been so stressed, Cassie
no.gif
((HUGS))

Anna, I love ALL the pictures. Such beautiful scenery and horses
wub.gif

There isn't much chance that Penny could foal without at least a few of us watching over her so no worries about her foaling alone
biggrin.gif
Plus this isn't your first time and having you there to help her will make all the difference
yes.gif

Anna I love your place!
default_wub.png

And Cassie stop stressing so early... save your stress for much closer
default_wink.png

haha I will I will!! I think my foal tester has arrived at the post office... so by next week we should know better if I will be getting another little foal or not then all will be well
default_smile.png

I'm not that stressed really... LOL I love my girls either way I have to admit though I would be a tiny bit dissapointed if Penny tested open... but I can always breed her sometime myself hopefully
default_biggrin.png

so no biggy
default_rolleyes.gif

and Anna! those pictures are stunning!! thankyou!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Cassie your an old hand at this foaling game now lol
default_yes.gif
..no amounts of stress or worry is going to change whats about to happen.."what will be will be"..you handled the last foaling fabulously
default_aktion033.gif
so all will be just fine

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Fab pictures Anna..
default_wub.png
:wub love all the ponies and the rolling hills
default_wub.png
:wub

some new pics of Penny too
default_smile.png
hehe...

will know if she is preggers soon... otherwise she is going on a diet!!!

comparison from August..

.Penny0811.jpg

then october

penny10115.jpg

then today

0411113.jpg

LOL
default_wacko.png
:wacko
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_unsure.png

and she doesn't look at all pregnant in this photo but I really like it.. what do you all think?

041111.jpg
default_wub.png

Penny10118.jpg

If we are doing things seriously I bet $5 that she has a bunny in the oven
yes.gif

haha thanks Renee! still haven't had a chance to test her... I need to see her doing a wee wee and now it is raining grrr
default_wacko.png
will go out and feed them soon as it seems to be clearing up so will try again then... LOL fun and games!
default_rolleyes.gif

also what do you all think of her confirmation and such? would she do well in shows do you think? or not I'd like to try her, but won't stress if she isn't good enough or wouldn't go well
default_wink.png
thankyou!!

default_saludando.gif
i think she lovely and would do very well in the show ring
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

if she is prego how far along do you think she would be

I think she would do pretty well in the show ring Cassie, she has good general conformation and even if she doesn't 'set the stars alight' as far as the judges are concerned, she certainly wont let you down!

Can I ask the exact date that you got her and Suzie - I would have said that she is pregnant, but would think that she probably has three months or so to go yet? Is this possible? It will depend when you got her and when she was last in with one of Mark's stallion (it was Mark who sold them to you?)

I think she would do pretty well in the show ring Cassie, she has good general conformation and even if she doesn't 'set the stars alight' as far as the judges are concerned, she certainly wont let you down!

Can I ask the exact date that you got her and Suzie - I would have said that she is pregnant, but would think that she probably has three months or so to go yet? Is this possible? It will depend when you got her and when she was last in with one of Mark's stallion (it was Mark who sold them to you?)
Thanks everyone
default_smile.png
I know she isn't perfect... but I'm still so new to all this mini stuff its great having you guys here to help me
default_smile.png
thankyou!!

I got the girls in March... um about the 3rd of March...? so she could very well have 3-4 months to go... still waiting to get a sample... i got one the other day, but it had been raining and was diluted to much.... I'm watching her like a hawk LOL

Back