dustys foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
let her out of the stable thhis morning and her udders have gone all soft and wrinkle again

dont no whats going on
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif

can you get her checked by the vet? I am sure it is not the case but I had a mare this year that did that and her milk even progressed on the milk strips and then one day her udder went down and he tummy too
wacko.gif
So no baby
no.gif

default_saludando.gif
so what does thatr mean and what happened to the mare

went out had alook at her and i think i seen wax and she hiding in the corner with her buttom up against the wall

will go take some photos now

back soon

Her pink boobies sure are cute
new_rofl.gif
Joking aside as Anna said the udders go down whilst they are walking around during the day and then swell at night whilst they are stabled, once they come in from the field with a full udder you know you are getting very close. I get confused with the time difference sometimes as I forget that your morning is our night. What time did you take these pics today? Morning or evening?

It looks like she's either dripping or waxed up a little bit from the photos..

I dont think her bag is full enough for that to be proper wax (difficult to see from the pics, sorry) but as they get closer to foaling, mares to secrete little drops of milk which then dry on their teats forming little crusty bits. She's getting closer!!

Just keep watching for her to walk in at night with a full tight bag and you/she will be good to go!!

You mentioned that she also had a soft bag in the morning (when we have been telling you that her bag should be bigger/more full in the morning. If she is anything like our super Suzie and gets a little impatient anticipating her breakfast, the 'exercise' she is taking walking round her stable could be reducing her bag from its night time 'increase' (just like walking around outside would do), so I'm sorry if we are confusing you by saying that you should see a 'filled' bag in the morning, whereas you are seeing a soft bag!

So the next pic we need is a sideways one so that we can view that lovely V that must be almost in place by now!
default_yes.gif

Us nutty old farts are all confusing Jenny
new_rofl.gif
Sorry!! next time we all post lets make sure it is BEFORE
smokesmile.gif
and
472.gif
new_rofl.gif

LOL!! Renee - personally I function a lot better after both those things that you mentioned!
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
well no foal to report with dusty either and this morning when i checked her udders thay still look the same

will take some photos later of them all even beau for you all....

default_saludando.gif
dusty today 31-10-11

28u5kcm.jpg

a1qqrm.jpg

flhbnq.jpg

what is going on with dusty?????????????????????????????????????????///

Hummmmmm. Well her tummy doesn't look quite so 'dropped' as Saffire's, but her udder looks more like the shape I would expect.

Sorry forgotten when her covering dates were, but I still say that she has a baby on the way, but perhaps just not quite as soon as you are expecting?

She sure has me confused
wacko.gif
She looked very ready to foal in the first photos.

default_saludando.gif
what wrong omg after seeing that OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG maybe it has died
default_no.gif

If it had the mare would still have to expel the body, she's far enough along that she won't be able to reabsorb. She would also be acting wrong so I suspect if somthing that drastic had happened you'd be seeing a lot of bad signs.

If you are worried go ahead and get the vet out. It's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

default_saludando.gif
OH well have spoken to 2 vets about dusty and thay seem think shes having a phantom pregnancy

default_no.gif
:No-Sad
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back