dustys foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new_rofl.gif
Anna you are a scream
new_rofl.gif

default_saludando.gif

Haha I wish it was that easy..id could make a fortune going round feeling bellies and making predictions
default_yes.gif
sadly my friend its a waiting game for us all
default_unsure.png
BUT keep your slippers close to your bed FRIDAY I recon
default_luck.gif

default_saludando.gif
:salute yep ill be happy with friday thats tomorow for me
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

and its a public holiday
default_aktion033.gif

oh is she already over with you guys?? she isn't coming to visit us... apparantly the stupid Julia Gillard (gosh I hate that woman) didn't make her very welcome HOW RUDE IS THAT!!! not only is she the Queen, n how many many years old, but she is a BIG favourite of the people of Australia! get lost Julia Gillard! everbody HATES you!!

sorry rant over, pretty much becuase of miss nazal nose being rude we don't get to meet the Queen and get an extra public holiday... grrrr hehe
default_rolleyes.gif

hmmmm, not very encouraging
no.gif
I am not sure what could be going on, I am interested to here what Anna and Diane say.

Have you felt foal movement ??

default_new_shocked.gif
Dusty whats happened to that beautiful big pink udder girl
default_wacko.png
I hope shes just playing with us all...she looked so close
default_unsure.png
have you seen any dried milk down her back legs?? not that id think she would lose that much..Im saying it will fill again very quiclky so stay on your toes
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
Dusty whats happened to that beautiful big pink udder girl
default_wacko.png
I hope shes just playing with us all...she looked so close
default_unsure.png
have you seen any dried milk down her back legs?? not that id think she would lose that much..Im saying it will again very quiclky so stay on your toes
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
nope no milk tryed to milk saffire the other day and nothing as for dusty well she would kick my head off if i tryed

I wouldnt lose hope shes deff pregnant with a belly like that and well they just dont have udders if the hormones arnt present to produce the milk..so there has to be a baby in there somewhere..I rarely saw Dinky move and I must have spent hours in the stable just staring
default_new_shocked.gif
at the belly..in the last weeks before foaling I saw nothing..they really drive you to madness these pregnant mares
closedeyes.gif

Udders can change shape quite a bit depending on the activity levels of the mare. That's why stabled horses udders are often so big in the morning but shrink once they get their paddock time.

LOL!! Lindy - as if four extra legs could be missed, I dont think there will be any need to count!!
default_biggrin.png

Bree is right Jenny, mares often have softer, less full bags after exercising all day. So always check the difference in the feel (or look if you cant feel) both morning and evening. When there is really no difference between am and pm, then you are pretty close to foaling (or rather the MARE is pretty close to foaling!)

I also think that Dusty's tummy needs to 'move forward' a bit more yet as the foal drops, but dont worry, she has a baby on the way and it wont be much longer in arriving.
default_yes.gif

Just wanted to add, having read Beau thread, dont forget to have a dose of Ivermectin ready to give Dusty within around 12 hours of foaling - it might not prevent her foal getting the runs when she has her foaling heat, but I have found it works with my girls.
default_yes.gif

are they warm and hard Jenny??

come on where are the pics??

oh and I totally agree with Anna... give her some ivermectin as soon as possible...
default_yes.gif
defintiely helped Suzie and Fin!!

Latest posts

Back