Mini teeth floats & speculum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baptism

Reaction score
I am the only one with mini horses in my vet's practice area. The vet clinic is very practical and affordable and good with my horses. It is not cost effective, however, for them to purchase mini dental equipment for the few times I need them so they make do with what they have. I would like to have the proper equipment (that's why it is made) so am considering buying floats and possibly a speculum, probably not top of the line but serviceable and safe. I would appreciate input, information, advice as to types available, places to buy, etc.

Thanks for your opinions.

Looking forward to the responses here, as I would like to get the same
default_saludando.gif

Ok I must be the only person here who has all of this equipment.

* Mini/pony size mouth speculum PAID $350 (ebay)

* Mini horse floate with changable grit pieces PAID $100 (ebay)

* Regular sized horse floate with 3 different changable grit pieces PAID (trade on cleaning stalls) BUT Owner paid $275

I float my own horses teeth, but if anything more serious need done, I call my local equine dentist, hes great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my post. I have two floats I bought them from my neighbor, a retired vet, she never used them as her client with minis sold out first. She sold them to me for 1/2 of current cost. I have a good equine dentist, but she's from out of area, so wanted the floats in case of emergency and local vets don't have the right equipment.

Latest posts

Back