Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

Reaction score
As promised to the Peanut and Suze Mare Stare-ers here is my foaling thread!

Introducing the leading ladies in order of due date... (photos from three days ago)

Rivain

rivain belly.jpg

Not the most flatering of photos but I love the look on her face
default_laugh.png

Rivain is due on the 1st of September and is carrying the first foal of my stallion, Pallidon.

Ashanti

ashanti belly.jpg

Ashanti is due on the 11th of September. She is the half sister of Pallidon and is in foal to a half brother of Tinker, a silver bay.

Twinkles

twink belly.jpg

Twinky is due on the 24th of October. She is also in foal to Pallidon.

Fantasy

fantasy belly1.jpg

Fantasy is due on the 8th of November. She is in foal to a chestnut appaloosa so add a 50% chance of appie traits.

Dreamy

dreamy belly3.jpg

The mare that is keeping me guessing! Dreamy may or may not be in foal to the sire of Pallidon, a palomino. At this point only time will tell. Add 50% chance of appie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates.

I need to take new photos tomorrow as Rivain has done a belly drop!

Fantasy has an active one in that belly, probably a colt given how often I'm getting kicked!

All the broodies are moving up into their foal paddock tomorrow. It's close to the house and well within the alarm range with nothing to block the signal.

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah How exciting i will be watching with great interest
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Theyr all so gorgoeus going to have some beautiful babies..Im off to see if i can see the daddy's

Brilliant Bree!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Now we will have more to watch/worry about to keep us going after Suzie foals.
default_yes.gif

Here's a post of the dads
biggrin.gif

Kooka Heights Sir Pallidon
pallidonshow.jpg
My own much loved boy and the sire of Rivain and Twinkle's foals.

Southern Star Ala Kazam
AZamNewWeb1.jpg
Sire of Fantasy's foal.

Glenmar Park Mickey's Golden Buck
frank.jpg
Sire of Dreamy's foal and also of my boy Pallidon.

jamas.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant Bree!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Now we will have more to watch/worry about to keep us going after Suzie foals.
default_yes.gif

I'll keep up with the photos since there are no cameras here. At least you'll all get your sleep!
default_new_rofl.gif

default_saludando.gif
OMG fantasy is huge are u sure she not due tommorow LOL thay are all lovely
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
OMG fantasy is huge are u sure she not due tommorow LOL thay are all lovely
default_wub.png

Fantasy is GIANT. But based on photos from her old owner she carried very large with that one little filly so it seems to be the normal for her.

Nothing yet in the udder department although I don't know what is normal for most of these girls, I've only foaled down Twink before.

Dad's are very handsome..do you know what colour each mare will be expecting or will it be a supprise??

I've told all of them to give me dilutes were possibility
default_laugh.png

Fantasy and Ashanti are to the same stallions they had foals to last year. Fantasy had a minimal splash chestnut filly and Ashanti had a nice little bay colt.

Mine start to bag up about 6 weels before but all mares are different

Mine start to bag up about 6 weels before but all mares are different
Rivain and Ashanti will be the first to bag up and I'm mostly monitoring with my camera. Rivain is a very shy mare who I've built up to her current level of trust and she is still a bit unsure with this whole udder touching deal. Doesn't make it easy to check! I'll grab fresh photos photos of udders tomorrow and we'll wait for the changes to start.

mine have learnt to love having their udders scratched so that is a great way to check them
yes.gif

Twinky and Ashanti have both had their udders milked so it isn't odd for them. Fantasy really likes the attention so although it's new I've been able to rub and scratch all over and we have started basic udder handling.

Rivain however still looks at any back leg/rear end handling with a lot of suspicion
default_wacko.png
She's never been abused or neglected but she is shy by nature and was mostly left to her own devices. I'm a lot more involved with my mares so it has been a huge change for her. She's learnt though. She greets me with pricked ears, checks for treats and can be haltered as long as I don't hide the halter and lead from her. She insists on seeing them first. And then I'm not allowed to put anything around her neck, it must be nose first and then the rest
default_yes.gif
It's been great watching her progress in the nearly two years I've had her and I'm sort of proud she was the first mare to go to Palli, I've put a lot of work into both of them
default_biggrin.png

Any colours are good but really hope you get what you want..Love the storey of Rivain and is nice that shes become more trusting..
default_smile.png

What lovely sires for your little ladies. Good luck with your foaling and keep us updated!

ps- I LOVE your Palomino boy...
wub.gif

First I was like, "why are they so fuzzy?" then I'm "Oh yeah, it's winter in Australia, duh!". They are so pretty. It's encouraging to me to hear your story of Rivain, my little girl is soooooo shy and suspicious, but I've only had her 3 months so I have hope; and luckily time since she does not appear to be in foal after all.

Oooh very exciting, you have a very nice bunch there and at least we will still be getting our foal fix well into the winter.

Keep those pics coming
default_yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back