2011 Pinto Curly Mini/Pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

End Level Farms

Reaction score
This is the first Canadian foal by my former ICHO/NSPR Stallion Skipper.

She is out of my former AMHR mare Honey.

Looks like she will mature around 36-37".

Blue eyed.

Here she is not even an hour after been foaled.

IMG_2661.jpg

Here she is everyday now..

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

And a video of her

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a real cutie! I enjoyed watching the mud roll clip. I went to your other videos and was very intrigued by your curly mini /pony.

I do not mean to high jack this thread, but.... Can you explain more about them? I have a sorrel mini that was very curly, (like little perm waves) the winter after his first baby summer clip. At first I thought Cushings!! But he is a very healthy 22 month old colt. Now his summer coat is just like the other geldings. Nice and slick. His build is very similar to your sorrel, just a smaller version. I plan to geld him this fall but am wondering if his coat is a desirable trait. He is AMHA/AMHR but could he possibly also be a Curly?

Its highly unlikely he is a curly with the ability to be hypoallergenic. The curly coat though it is unknown as to how it originated is like a poodle dog and people who tend to be allergic to horses do not tend to be allergic to the curly coat. There are tons of different fur or fibre patterns. The hair in his ears would have to be extremely curly for him to be considered a curly. While many Miniature Horses and Shetland ponies with years and years of breeding behind them look like they are curly at birth and through their younger years they do grow out of the curly coat. And though their coat appears to be curly it doesn't have the same effect on those who are allergic to horses. Those people are still allergic to the wavy curly coated minis. There are a few breeders who are seeking to breed the curly bloodlines down small enough for people who want miniatures but are allergic or who's children or grandchildren are allergic to them. And at this time there are two possibly three in the world who are using AMHR or ASPC registered miniatures and ponies to get registered NSPR curly ponies and minis. This requires that one parent MUST be an AMHR or ASPC REGISTERED. For the offspring to be able to be registered. Those NSPR curlies then must be bred to an AMHR or ASPC registered horse in order for that offspring to be once more eligible for NSPR papers.

The fillies Sire is 75% Miniature Bred. He is a grandson of Skip A Star. The filly is 7/8th mini.

I think at this time the highest mini/curly ratio is 15/16th Miniature Blood. One of those is a yearling at 32" tall and the other is a two year old at 36" tall.

Fillies Sire

IMG_3388.jpg

Skipper2010.jpg

Another one of the filly. Looks like shes flipping the other mare off with her lip. (That mare is not related to the filly.

IMG_3182-1.jpg

This is a very small curly pony filly that was 4 hours old in the picture she has a very tight curl coat where as the filly Cyra has a medium wave curl to her coat.

Mika.jpg

Thank you so much for the information and the beautiful pictures. I have never seen a Curly horse, only a horse with Cushings that belonged to my farrier. I guess my colt will just surprise me in the fall with another different coat texture and pattern. I am learning so much from this wonderful forum!

Such a pretty baby.
default_wub.png

I have a little buckskin gelding who gets curly every winter.....the little perm waves that someone else mentioned. I tell him his waves make me seasick.........but he doesn't seem to care.

Come summer he is sleek and golden.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very allergic to horses, and of course I have 4 quarter horses and 2 mini horses!! It would be very interesting to get a mini curly horse!! Does anyone know of any mini curly breeders in the United States?

I just had a laugh out loud belly laugh over that video!

She's a lovely girl! Congrats!

Latest posts

Back