Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Finally!! The picture is pretty clear but I did notice when I use the micro it acts alittle crazy. June 20th will be 330 days...so we have a little bit of a wait. I dont know much about her pregnancy history so I have no idea how long she tends to carry.Its been so darn hot she is in stall most of the day and I only let her out in the early AM and late afternoon in a smaller pasture that she shares with SilverBelle ( Martys horse)

Please guys, this is my first foal so I really ask that if you see anything no matter how trivial that you call me. Just dont call and complain about the barn fashions you will see me wearing
default_risa_suelos.gif

P.S. She is getting an udder but no milk yet. IMO it looks like she is smaller than she was a few days ago..her belly seems lower but her back end hasnt "dipped" much.

Well I tried to insert the link and I cant seem to get it to come up here...maybe someone else can help. We are listed under never Too Mini Farm.

Oh and if there is a blue tote in the stall dont worry...I leave it in there sometimes b/c lately she loves to scratch her belly on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Eagle, thank you so much for putting in the link, thank you, thank you!! 1st baby here and 1st time on Mare Stare its still hard to believe that you are watching in Italy.

I dont know if its a 5 star but the camera does make it look pretty. Thanks for the compliment!

P.S. I bought a pink h20 bucket and told hubby it was because I wanted Peanut to have a filly.....told him it was my good luck bucket

low and behold a couple days later I go out to feed in the AM and it had been replaced with the blue bucket...

My silly "we dont need any babies here husband" went to the store and bought the blue bucket...he said he should be able to have a good luck bucket too!!!

What a brat!!! Now we trade off buckets daily!

So funny! Try plaiting a pink ribbon into her tail ( maybe hubby wont be able to change that) lol

I have just checked and i can watch her from my iphone so i will be able to do the night shift for you.

If the cam goes down during the night do you want us to ring or text?

Oh how awesome....Ring please!! Heather from MS made an error and only put 1 # up and its the 2nd number to call. She is going to fix it tonight but the # to call would be 239 498 1014. Many more thank yous being sent to Italy!!

Morning, I have her up and I see you there
saludando.gif
You are up late! Can you ask Heather to put your time up too? Thanks

Renee

She looks very contented lying there having a snooze, bless her!

Anna

She is just stood there quietly with the occasional tail swish!

Edit: I am guessing that it is about 5.00am cam time now and she has just gone down sternal for a rest

Edit: 25 minutes later and she is up and over to the far corner for a pee and a poo (don't you just love a clean mare) now she is stood under her fan, maybe she has some food in that corner?

Edit: well the sun is up so I am off to do some chores
saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I have a message into Heather. I was in and out quietly till around 4 then hubby got up and watched a bit...I actually slept today till 9 ooopps.Its hard to tell on camera but she does have hay on that wall, she just kicks it all back towards her stall. Better go let her out for a little bit now b/c I can tell today is going to be a scorcher :arg! :arg!

I stared for you all last night because I was up with Sonny and didn't charge you a dime. You want me to stare again tonite I'll charge extra

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

OMG something must be wrong with my screen.
default_new_shocked.gif

I could have sworn I saw the Manure Goddess in there on her hands and knees picking up a pile of crap with her hands.

default_risa_suelos.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_eat.gif
default_xreiter.gif

There seems to be some interference with the cam tonight and I doubt you are making popcorn in the micro at 2.00am

If you are then please share
new_rofl.gif

Peanut is stood in her favourite corner near her friend.

5.40am and she is stood quietly in her corner.

Diane I missed the Manure Goddess, do you think she would do my fields??

new_rofl.gif
How can you be so funny with such little sleep? aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah you are Wonder woman
new_rofl.gif

Oh my goodness, Hubby took over camera watching last night so I could get a alittle sleep.....and out of the woodwork comes all the crazy forum friends ( so I thought ) You guys are brutal
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif
I am in stitches laughing
default_risa_suelos.gif

Manure Godess!! too funny. Yes, Marty my dear, I do pick up poop w/my hands!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
And Im not ashamed of it...well maybe a little embarrased that you caught me! But did you notice I do put gloves on! and I have bottles of disinfectant all over the place....just not sure I use it every time I do my poop pickins!!

Thanks so much for the nice compliments about my little barn,Diane. It is new and these are the 1st 2 horses to even stay in it. They both have about a 6 mo. lease then if I do breed someone else for next year they will get to live in the new "nursery." And these 2 will go out in the older barn.Its funny you mentioned no manure stains on the wall....1st night Peanut stayed in the stall she must have been alittle nervous because the next A.M. I came in and she christened the wall about 3 times. :arg! I was out there scrubbing the wood work getting it clean again!! Its funny b/c as much as I love this barn ( its also real nice b/c its only about 80 ft. from the house and I can run out and check on mares and babies any time ) my older barn is really my favorite. There are more stalls but I share it w/my husbands tools, motorcycles, lawn mowers and various other machinery that he "thinks" he can get started again in the next century!! That barn was made with love, as he did it all in his spare time and except for the doors and dividers it was all made w/scrap wood and parts. Of course this was before the potato chip thing started happening so thru the years we have continued to add a stall here and there....pretty much taking over all hubbys designated area
default_oops.gif
Although Im pretty particular in keeping stalls clean and tidy, the older barn just never seemed clean no matter what I did.Maybe it was some of the old mismatched wood but it just never has the bright clean look that I see in lots of other peoples barns. Any way my new barn is relatively small,2 stalls 12x15 ea., same size feed and tack room with a 20 ft. cement pad w/covered over hang in the front.I was and still am really nervous about ths foaling and decided that if I was going to breed, only if its just once, that I do want them to be close to the house so I can really keep an eye on them. We had a company called Woody's here in Fl. build it for us. Then I spent a week staining it to match our house. So this barn was built w/$ but my older barn was built with a lotta love!! Not completed yet is a covered wash area next to the tack room which will be my favorite part. The "art deco" thing on the wall is actually a clock ( my foaling book says I need a watch/timer in my foaling kit...I dont wear watches )and the opening was supposed to be ( will eventually ) a first aid box that will have wide shelves for towels and other handy emergency items. It will have a door on the stall side and be open shelves in the tack room side...easy to get to. Both stalls open up to a small pasture that is only about 80 x 120. Not real big but I think it will be fine until babie and mom can join the others. If I decide not to breed this barn will be great if I ever decide to become a foster or if I have a horse that I need to give alittle extra tlc or first aid.

Eagle, whats the time difference in Italy? Thanks so much for helping to keep watch. I think the static you were seeing on the camera might have been the misting system...or perhaps the rain storm did something funky. Poor Heather had to fix camera stream last PM as we lost power again early evening. It might be alittle harder to see from now on b/c Im not going to leave the barn light on any more ( I thought leaving them on early enough might condition them to get used to it for the actual foaling )but I think it doesnt let them get in a deep sleep mode ever. Im going to try to just leave the out side light on and see how that works. Sorry about the camera switching every 15 sec. but it was the only way to be able to see the whole stall.

O.k. Heidi stop rambling....there has got to be more poops to go attend to by now....The Poop Godess has spoken enough
default_worshippy.gif

Again guys, thanks for making me laugh, you have no idea how much I need a good laugh this week!!Thanks so much for watching
default_worshippy.gif
default_worshippy.gif
you guys!!

Heidi

Just checked on your girl and she looks pretty contented in her beautiful new stable, I'm sure she has changed shape in the last few days - hopefully not too long before she foals!

Earlier I saw a GSD with you on the cam, is that Quahog (sorry if I've spelt it wrong, trying to remember it from your other post)? He looks as though he is recovering well - how is Ribbie doing, I have been saying prayers for him, bless him.

Glad to see that someone else cleans up piles of poo with their hands, whilst on their hands and knees LOL!! When we have new foals I find this a great way to keep the stables poo free as it puts me down at foal level and they cant resist investigating, so I can sneak the odd kiss or two.
default_wub.png

Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth foaling and a healthy baby.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Anna, your so sweet, Thanks for asking about the dogs. That probablly was Quahog. He had his 1st Chemo treatment on Monday...was a little sick the next day but seems to be doing good....this cancer to me is like we are raging a major war against a mean terrible enemy...We plan on winning this war!! As long as Quahog wants to fight it I'll be right beside him!!

Ribbie is doing much better.....no idea what prompted the partial paralasis ( sp? ) but at least it prompted us to bring him to the vet. Ribbie is now walking again but sometimes its like he just stops and is attempting to figure out how to pick up his feet...very weird. Can get down the steps ok just a little slower. I feel terrible b/c he still wants to play ball but he gets so tired and wobbly and I think it makes him alittle angry that he cant do the things like he used to. Vets did say exercise is good...swimming especially...it looks like we need to make more pond time for him...certainlly not a bad thing...I love the pond. Its just hard at this time when so much of my time is spent checking on and watching Peanut. We did put a little mattress in the barn for Ribs to lay on b/c I think the cement floor is a little hard on him...problem is is that Quahog thinks its for him and Ribbie doesnt sharenow I need another dang bed on the floor...this one for me!!......I knew we should have built a bigger barn. :arg!
default_wub.png
:arg!
default_wub.png
You may feel the same way...These animals will be the death of me yet
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Never thought about the foals sneeking over to see what Im doing on hands and knees.....love the sneek in with a kiss on the nose thing!!

Latest posts

Back