Barn names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barn names: Moonshadow (star dancers secret dynamo), India (rancho de la cruz India), and Kissy (stealin kisses)
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter is in charge of all the barn names since that''s mostly what everyone goes by, but we have

NFC Egyptian Kings Spitfire- Spitfire or Spitty

ASA Egyptian Kings Talisman- Tali

A Better Home Farm Tanya Tucker- Tanya, Little T, or Teapot

McKeans Love Bug- Bugsy

EK Talismans Eight Belles (born on derby day saturday when Eight Belles died) Misa, Mimi, or Mims

D Bar Ds My Sin- Allie

Cast No Shadow- Dib, Diblet, Dibstick

Raising Kahne- Spiffy

BB Silver Lady- Spice

BB Strawberry Margarita- Daisey

Wauk a Way Metamorphosis- Tadpole

Forest Farms Scouts Sonora- Nora

Forest Farms Easy Keeper- Beeper

Forest Farms Patches- Pache (apache)

Shadowlands Fancy Pants- Sugar

Forest Farms Chelsea Rose- Rosie Posie

Candylands Starburst- Starburst, or Bur- Bur

And the mule- Hey there Delilah- Del, Della, or did she really just kick me while I was riding her?!?

Lets see mini's

Cisco

Dj

Rue

Megan

Weezie

Skye

Jo

and Mo

Biggies

Buck

Dually

Popcorn

Clay

Playboy

Scotch

Roany

Each one's 'barn' name is somehow tied to their reg name.

My two boys are

Erica's Big City Conspiracy Theory "Bishop"

and my new boy

Cygnet Farms All Fired Up "Cooper"

Most of mine are part of their registered names...

Little Kings Beetle Buckeroo-Beetle

Mtn Springs Buckeroo Spotted Dandy-Spot

Kickapoo Moons Full Monty-Moon

HHH Champagne Apple of My Eye-Apple

Southlawns Snows Got Er Dun-Roxy

GCSF Little Sunset-Sunset

Kickapoos Moonlite Bay-Moonlite

Akers Sadie-Sadie

Spotted Acres Toyhorse Charm-Charm

Double Js Farm Peach Soda-Peach

Hickory Ridge Captains China Doll-Dolly

Villas Day Dream Dancer-Dancer

Trace Hills Wind Flower-Windy

Cottontails Kimberly-Kim or Kimmy

Cottontails Roan Suprise-Roany

Cottontails Wonder Girl-Jade

Sultans Little Bit of Luck-Lucky

Frostys Sweet Fancie-Frosty

Libbys Snickers Champagne of Ms-Snickers

High Cottons Legends Sarah-Sarah

Holloways Dejetta-Jetta

Pigeon River Showdown at Dawn-Dawn

Rogers HSR Russian Kameo-Kameo

Chances Tinkerbelle-Tink or Poof

Salty Creek Silk Stockings-Silk

Williams Fancy Flame-Fifi

Ourfarm Magnums Fine China-China

Lanes Pumpkin Cookie-Punkin

Ourfarm Magnums Double Stuf Oreo-Oreo

Ourfarm Magnums I Shadow-Shadow

Ourfarms Spots of Sundust-Sundust

Best barn name we've had here is Beep Beep.

Story behind the name: We let all of our preggy mares wander the yard during the day so someone can always keep an eye on them, even from in the house. That means they have access to our driveway and so we have a big gate that we have to open and shut to get in and out. One day, my uncle stopped by and as he drove in, one of our very pregnant mares was standing in the middle of the driveway. Not being a horse person, he honked the horn twice and the mare ran a few steps, plopped down and out came a beautiful little filly that we named Mars Little Beep Beep, Beep Beep for short
default_smile.png

We also had a TINY little filly that my grandma named Inky Dinky. I have no idea why, the poor little thing. Yes, her registered name was O Henrys Inky Dinky.

Itchy Butt-Anytime you went outside she would have her butt right in front of you to get it scratched. I believe her registered name was Mars Rambling Rose.

Bodiddly is our donkey

Our new england baby doll sheep are named Ferdinand and Isabelle. Their first baby was named Alfonzo.

Merry is the name of our fawn. He (yes HE) was named after our mail lady, Mary, who was sweet enough to come get us when she spotted him on the side of the road.

Things can get really confusing here! We have their registered name, my barn name for them AND my daughter's name for them AND my sister's name for them.
default_biggrin.png
Fortunately my daughter only comes up with names for her favorites and so does my sister - I only have to contend with 4 names on a handful or so.

We have:

Polk

Willie

GT

Ari

Bucky

Manny

Petey

Brassy

Sunny

Gold

Frankie

Fire

Dream

Lady

Rosie

Flower

Quin

Amber

Smore

Peach

Sinzi

Ellie

Hope

Suzie

Birdie

Patch

Icey

Mable

These are all MY names
default_biggrin.png
which I get sternly corrected on daily by my pint sized critic. Thank goodness my sister doesn't live with me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got four mini horses

Spot - he's a paint

Fluffy - he was born in January with a full winter coat and was just, well, fluffy

Peanut - he's just such a tiny little guy

Fudge - he's chocolate brown, duh!

I LOVE this thread!

Here we have:

Sequoia Mimes Maximum Overdrive.....Max, or Come Here You Cutie

Glen Havens Delta Force....Hairball

Brewers Supreme Triple Play...Trip

Hytide Top Hat And Tails....Jive, or AREYOUSTILLHERE!

Cherryvilles Rios Refined Elegance...Miss Elle

Buckeye WCF Dream Impulse..BellaBella or Sweetness

Woodstock North Red Hot Mama....Maddie

Hytide Warmest Memories....Nancy

Hytide Burnin Love....Firefly

FWF A Song For Blue Boy....Lyric

Hytide Lyrical Blessing...Gabe

Hytide Hallelujah....Halle or YOU HAG! She has a 'Tude

Hytide Hysterical.....Cash

SF Dun It Right....Curley Bob

MTC Excel......Mick Mick

We only have 3 minis.

First there is my son's mini Cornerstone's Lil Peek-A-Boo and he gets Peek, Boo, Boo-boo, Peeker

My mare is JEM Break N Pattern and when she arrived she was called Patty but after a visit with an animal communicator she decided she wanted her name to be Fleur. We were a little skeptical but after we changed her name she became much more agreeable and happy horse. GO FIGURE!

My husband's horse is JEM Duke It Out. He gets Duke, Duker and much to my husband's dismay Duke A Doo. But he is just so darn cute! LOL

Here is a few of ours!

Michigans Instant Shine- SUPERMAN! dont know where he got it but he came with the name and it stuck.

SS Only A Luxury- Ebony

SS Too Hot To B Humble- Findlay

SS Miss Good N Red- Chloe

Cedar Plains Southern Belle- Cedar

Sonaras Hyacinth Bookay- Bo AKA the B**CH

Midnite Benview- Ele

Jem Miss Canada- Candy AKA Elephant which suits her much more then the cute little pony you would expect a "candy" to be lol

Those are about the only interesting ones
Sam, be nice to Bo!
default_smile.png
I got quite attached to her while she was in training.
default_wub.png
She's probably like Fleur and likes to work. Get Strachan to start driving her again. Or Garnet is getting brave, he might like something a little peppier for the Hanover races.
default_wink.png

Things can get really confusing here! We have their registered name, my barn name for them AND my daughter's name for them AND my sister's name for them.
default_biggrin.png
Fortunately my daughter only comes up with names for her favorites and so does my sister - I only have to contend with 4 names on a handful or so.

We have:

Polk

Willie

GT

Ari

Bucky

Manny

Petey

Brassy

Sunny

Gold

Frankie

Fire

Dream

Lady

Rosie

Flower

Quin

Amber

Smore

Peach

Sinzi

Ellie

Hope

Suzie

Birdie

Patch

Icey

Mable

These are all MY names
default_biggrin.png
which I get sternly corrected on daily by my pint sized critic. Thank goodness my sister doesn't live with me!
Oh oh! I forgot a few......

Mack

Macy

Annie

Lacey

Gypsy

Velvet

Missy

Does this mean I have too many???
default_biggrin.png

Mack is the only one that I can be accused of calling by too many names (some affectionate such as Mackadoo or Mackaroon, some not so mentionable) but after talking to the same animal communicator that talked to Kim's Fleur and having Mack tell me he wanted to know what his REAL name was he has been nothing but Mack or Mackie and is a much happier horse.

Sam, be nice to Bo!
smile.gif
I got quite attached to her while she was in training.
wub.gif
She's probably like Fleur and likes to work. Get Strachan to start driving her again. Or Garnet is getting brave, he might like something a little peppier for the Hanover races.
wink.gif

lol, shes actually not getting that nickname right now she is quite a suck when shes pregnant. She can just be so mean to the other horses sometimes! Much to Strachens disagreeance I would like to get her out there with her baby next year, we will see if I win that battle lol

lol, shes actually not getting that nickname right now she is quite a suck when shes pregnant. She can just be so mean to the other horses sometimes! Much to Strachens disagreeance I would like to get her out there with her baby next year, we will see if I win that battle lol
I would like to see her out there again. I miss her. Can't wait to see her baby. Who is she bred to?

Tell Strachan that Garnet needs some company in the Gentleman's driving.
default_wink.png
Duke should be out there next season.

I would like to see her out there again. I miss her. Can't wait to see her baby. Who is she bred to?

Tell Strachan that Garnet needs some company in the Gentleman's driving.
wink.gif
Duke should be out there next season.

Not to worry Strachen will definetly have someone to show, I just dont think we will have enough driving classes to have her driving too
laugh.gif
. She is bred to AE Lone Star.

I thinks it's funny how I agonize over what the registered name should be, and then I never use it!!!

Firefly - Bug-A-Boo

Coco - Coco-Puff

Liz R.

Very fun topic
default_smile.png
I loved reading through all your guys barn names
default_smile.png

i'm really horrible picking names, it takes me forever to decide and then we usually just end up picking one quick cause it's been weeks trying to pick the perfect name lol

we have ~

"Storm " - cosmics whispering rain (our family put it to a vote to name him)

" Dreamy" - Andee's dream katcher (came to us as a 10 yr old & that was her name)

soon to be included..

"Sage" - Lca's Dancing with the stars
default_smile.png

and big horses..

Kizz (cause he loves to give kisses) registered as -Pizzazfsi w/CAHR

and

Coby -Cowboys carbon copy APHA

Mine are in my signature
default_laugh.png

Bane's Egyptian King's Frosty "Lexus"

Misty Ridges Days of Thunder "Willow"

Of course, all of our horses have barn names, some having to do with their registered names, and some not. BUT, some of the barn names have morphed into some odd nicknames, LOL!

I'll just list our most unique:

Minis:

Jandts Cheeri Deeri: Dinah, but that turned into Dinah Roo and then into just Roo or sometimes Roo Roo.

3C Incognitos Easter Lily: Lily, but for some reason, we often call her Bean. I have NO idea why!

3C Red Hot Dream: Hayley, but sometimes Hayley Bear.

Welsh mare:

Brynmerlyn's Phantom: Lucy (she came with that name), which led to Lucy Goose, and for short, Goose. She's also known as Grumpus, LOL. She's 15 years old, been there, done that, and very opinionated. She's a great pony for my 7 year old son, though.

Quarter Horse mare:

Annies Gray Bug: Lady (what a joke, she's NOT a lady!!!), but she's known by many other names...Dingbat, Dingleberry, and some names not suitable for a family forum.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back