Unbeleivable!!!! Judge says Champ can go back to people who starved him!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its already "international" Im in Ireland and have been calling and emailing , I now that alot of people in the Uk are following his story too , I even know people in france that are rooting for Champ

Thank you Supaspot - hopefully you contacted the News media also -- it has already been proven that the court system and the sheriff's dept really don't feel like they want to have much more to do with little Champ -- our best source for help is thru PUBLIC OUTCRY - and the media is the perfect place to get the word out

We will win this battle for Champ -
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Stacy

shorthorsemom, thats what I dont understand...where were the vets,proffesionals etc. during this so called hearing.

Maybe I watch to much Houston Animal Cops but they always have the officers,rescuers,vets,farriers standing right there AND the judge always takes what they present into consideration.Were these people even allowed to talk?

Ive really got to wonder if there was an actual hearing and not just some chit chat at the water cooler.

Are these hearings open to the public...were there minutes taken on the hearing that the public is allowed to read? There is just too many unanswered ??'s.

I think we all need to send this judge a pair of eye glasses. Recieving 1,000s of eye glasses in the mail from around the world might make her open her friggin eyes!
I am Ditto-ing your post!

How can anyone in their right mind not consider Champ part of the "evidence"? I have the same questions regarding - where were the animal professionals in this?

Oh and ummm......This is also on Facebook, with contact e-mails and the judge's phone number.
default_wink.png

All I did was show Champ's original photo/video and posted an update.

I hope the Florida courthouse gets SLAMMED.

Here is my letter to the News agency that ran his original story:

Dear Sir or Madame

A week ago or so you provided your viewers with a news-clip about a 2 year old miniature horse colt that had been rescued by the kind people of Alaqua Rescue.

I have been breeding miniature horses for nearly 30 years and have always worried about my horses potentially ending up in the “care & custody” of people such as these – who have gone OUT OF THEIR WAY to starve an innocent animal, an animal who wants nothing more than to please, an animal who did NOT have a choice in who was his “care-giver” and one who will sadly forgive in hopes that someone will take him into their heart and save his life – even those who have put him in this pathetic situation would be granted the grace of forgiveness by this poor animal – that is just the nature of miniature horses – they are loving, emotional little creatures, they have a wonderful, whimsical nature which is what endears them to so many people.

Unbelievably Judge Green does not feel that there was enough evidence to prosecute the individuals responsible for this horrific act of cruelty – what more evidence does he need for God’s sake – the poor animal is a walking corpse – due to cruelty of his former owners! The picture attached should be evidence enough! Even more unbelievable is that the individuals who put this poor horse thru such incredible acts of cruelty CAN petition the court to have him returned to them – a certain death sentence!

The eyes of little, “Champ” tell his story – one of misery and yet one of hope – it is MY HOPE that you will support the thousands of GOOD miniature horse owners and breeders and bring this story back to the forefront of the people and help ensure that DUE PROCESS is dealt to the abusers of this poor little horse and that he be given the life that he so deserves, one full of love and quality care.

The reality of it is that this little horse had NO medical issues which contributed to his situation – it was pure neglect from the owners not feeding him! ! – As a breeder of miniature horses I can tell you that it would not cost more than $35/month to provide this animal with superb care – actually turning him loose on the side of the road would have probably been better for him than the concentration camp that he was forced to live in.

Please help us help Champ ! !

Respectfully,

Stacy Score

Mountain Meadows Miniatures

Duvall, WA

www.mountainmeadowsminiatures.com

And here is the one I sent to my international friends:

I am not sure if you ever look at Lil Beginnings – but I am asking that you do so and to look for the thread on the Main Forum that pertains to Champ. It is titled: UNBELIEVABLE . . and is written by Stella Lenoir. This poor little horse was rescued a couple of weeks ago and is making remarkable progress in returning to decent condition – what has happened to him is inexcusable and just breaks my heart – the hope in his eyes haunts me . . .

What is worse IMO is that the Judge did not feel that there was enough evidence to prosecute the abusers – (there is rumour that the individual who is responsible works in the same court house that the judge works in so there may be a “connection”). I am writing to all my international friends and asking that they contact the News station that carried a story about Champ a couple of weeks ago and ask that the international community express their outrage that the remote possibility of Champ being returned to his former abusers is completely unacceptable. It is my hope that enough international pressure will take this story to thousands and thousands of people and that Champ will NOT be returned to his abusers – that they WILL be prosecuted for their cruelty, that Judge Green be embarrassed at his total lack of spine and hopefully will resign ---- and most important of all that Champ be able to look forward to a life full of love and quality care.

Hopefully with attention coming from all different parts of the globe that little Champ will be the victor here –

Please help – and please ask that as many of your friends do the same

Here is a picture of Champ on the day he was rescued – he is in the care of Alaqua Refuge now and safe from harm for the time being

If things couldn't get any worse for that poor boy!!!!!!I am not sure what is worse, what the people did to Champ OR the judges decision that he could be given back.

I will be sending a letter to the office na dthe the news station.

Well said MountainMeadows! I put a post on my facebook to get the word out. I have completely lost faith in our judicial system
no.gif

There is power in numbers. Two years ago my friends here on LB flooded the Parole office with countless emails asking the Parole Board to deny parole for my son's killer.

We attended the parole hearing and the Parole Board brought those emails made by you and all snail mail correspondence with them. Each member (6) carried a stack in their arms as they entered the room. They covered the tables and I mean covered the tables, piles and piles of them. Had to have been one thousand or more easy. The board said they have never in their lives have ever seen such outgoing support for a victim. Parole was denied on the spot.

This is proof that we can do something about this or at least, go down trying. Please everyone keep calling, keep emailing everyone you can. This is not over yet by a long shot. It just can't be.

That is insane. I will get on it in the morning also. I am too late this evening.

Does the judge have a vision problem?

OMG clear as day that judge must have lost his marbles somewhere along the line or is cold as ice spitspit
default_no.gif

Please check to see if the Judge has a dog in harness or a white cane with red on the end of it by his desk. That could resolve the issue.

What else makes me so mad is the few people coming forward to speak on behalf of the owners!!! Oh, they Love the horses, don't know why this happened, were feeding him 3+ times a day, it all happened so suddenly!!!!
default_sad.png
And of course they had NO MONEY to call a vet out.

I swear! Champ is small enough to fit in the back of a car in an emergency, and money or not, I would have hauled his butt to a vets office and got him seen!

I bet tons of people would have helped if it was truly a sudden hardship. I know I have personally given away hay a few times when I read of a hardship situation on Craigslist. Obviously we know it was PURE NEGLECT! as Champ is gaining weight with .....FOOD!
default_new_shocked.gif

And does lack of money cause you to stop brushing your horse, or caring for it in that sort of way? NO! He was in pitiful shape in more ways than just being so insanely emaciated.

I have great faith that Alaqua and Dr. Henderson the vet involved, as well as the animal control officer involved are doing everything humanly possible to keep Champ safe. The judge is the one that is turning a blind eye to the horrible situation this little guy came from.

Thank you all so much for the support and the letters and such!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Walton County good old boy system doesn't know what hit them I am sure!!

new_shocked.gif
no.gif
The photo alone is sufficent to me and my entire family and non-horsey friends!
frusty.gif

I must ask....does the judge have a handicap? Blindness? Mental Illness?
laugh.gif

I hope someone has contacted the ASPCA on this matter. While I personally don't care for that organization, at least they are national and will make noise about this outrage! Also, that picture of Champ should be copied and sent to every MAJOR news outlet... ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. and some of the cable stations.

I simply can't believe this! I am just seething here! And if those reports in the paper about the owning working at the courthouse, then this stinks to high heaven! Instead of getting Champ back, the owner should be prosecuted!

I'm going to be racking my brains tonight, thinking of who else that picture should be sent to, and then I'm going to send it off. The more noise that's made, the better!

---It was the misdemeanor that was not signed today. The felony charge was refiled as a misdemeanor, but now that has been thrown out.---

This was posted on facebook by Alaqua just a little bit ago. I don't know what the laws are like down where all this is happening (Florida I believe?), does anyone else know if that means the people who did this to Champ have gotten away with it with no chance of anyone being able to fight it?

Either way, keep the phone calls, e-mails, and faxes coming because this judge needs to know that what he has done is so incredibly wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I SENT AN EMAIL TO THE SHERIFF TONIGHT ASKING FOR JUSTICE FOR CHAMP.I DON'T EXPECT A REPLY BUT WHO KNOWS. I WISH I HAD THE JUDGES EMAIL ADDRESS SO WE ALL COULD WRITE HIM. HERES HOPING AND PRAYING.
default_pray.gif

I just e-mailed The TODAY Show and suggested this to them as a human-interest story.

I saw what the person wrote trying to stand up for Champ's owners.

You know I know especially in todays economy we go thru hardships. But you know what you cannot let any animal suffer like this. Even if he had a medical issue (vet says he doesn't btw), if you can't pay to have it done then give him to someone who can. I fear and I know that more of this happens alot, but I don't know why people hold on to animals that they can't take care or or afford to feed and instead they just sit back and watch them suffer.

IMO if they truly loved this horse they would have done something along time ago. The state he was in was true neglect and I don't care what the judge, the owner or the owners friends say. Even if he had a medical problem its still neglect for letting him get this bad and not taking care of it. Obviously all he needed was to be fed, cause he is improving. All the judge needs is pictures of this horse, and notes from the vet and there shouldn't be an issue. I don't care if there other horses are healthy they don't need to have them if they couldn't afford to take care of Champ in the first place.

I too have started sending e-mails informing those 'powers that be' that the WHOLE WORLD is now aware of little Champs situation and of the Judge's totally STUPID, CRUEL and DEATH SENTENCE decision. I have also said that the WHOLE WORLD now has it's eyes on the Justice system at Walton County, waiting for them to prove that they are INDEED a JUSTICE system with regards to the future of this disgracefully neglected little horse.

Anna

Back