Unbeleivable!!!! Judge says Champ can go back to people who starved him!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StellaLenoir

Reaction score
sadmini.jpg

HEARTBREAKING NEWS.
default_new_shocked.gif
Judge Green has decided that there was "insufficient evidence" to prosecute the previous owners of CHAMP. This means nothing will happen to them and they can GET HIM BACK.

PLEASE CALL Judge Green 850-892-8131 and voice your opinion. It is not too late to change things. Be the voice for this animal - his life depends on it.

here is the Walton County Sheriff's email

[email protected]

If your not one for talking on the phone but still want to voice your concerns for CHAMP's justice you can write a letter and fax it to Judge Green's office the fax number is: 850-892-8377!

***News station email!***

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, that's unbelievable. The photo alone should be sufficient evidence.
default_no.gif

Jan

I just called,sitting here in tears
crybaby.gif
frusty.gif
there has to be something we can do. A nice lady answered and took my name and just said there wasn't enough evidence. We cannot let this poor horse go back there.

Can someone please call the News station that ran the story on this poor little soul -- perhaps they will do another follow-up and really get people angry and hopefully will stand up for the rights of this little horse. It is one thing to do this thing to an animal and not be prosecuted, but it is totally something else to allow that little horse to be returned to his abusers -- shameful, just shameful on the part of our "justice system"

Stac

Just spoke with the Judges assistant. Held my outrage back but explained how I felt about this. She just said that it is still ongoing and the judge will need to look at all the evidence.

I cant believe that just looking at Champ wasnt enough evidence.It may not be of others opinions but I really dont give a rats ask what happens to the owners ( of course in a perfect world...i'd drop them of at Marty's place and let her take care of them )but what I can not fathom would be returning this poor little guy back to them. What a GD slap in the face to the volunteers, Alchua Rescue and any animal rescue group that has to constantly heal whats been done to these animals.If this judge returns Champ to his owner it would be criminal.

maybe we could get some experts in the field of minis to submit in writing how easy it is to make them FAT! Explain about thier care, and such, and that it would take deliberate neglect to cause the condition of Champ.

he is only 2, and his blood tests came back normal. So no medical reason jumps out for why he is like this.

I have not seen anything about teeth, but my 3 year old has about as off a bite as possible and he is still FAT!!!

[email protected]

rumor is that owner works in court house or clerks office!!!
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WHERE is this "problem" located? State, Town, owners names? What was the "Reason" they gave for that horse to be in that condition?

dru

You need to have the vet at the rescue facility also testify as to how close to deaths door Champ was at.

Just trying to wrap my head around this situation...is it possible that this hearing was just sort of a "secret" and not involving the proper parties that should have been there...vets,farrier,caregivers...THE PUBLIC. IMO the prosecutors wouldnt even take the case to a hearing without being pretty sure they could prosecute. Why in the heck were all ducks not in a row prior to the hearing....unless like Stella mentioned..perhaps the owner worked in the office. To us, the picture of Champ should be enough to convict and at the very least mandatory surrender of the horse.

Will this sort of injustice ever end?!

I sent a email to the sheriffs office begging for them to help Champ to NOT be returned back to his death bed in his owners home, I also sent the photo of Champ to remember what he looks like.

1857272.gif

crybaby.gif

pray.gif

I AM going to respond.......but I need to calm down first or I will NOT be respectful.

I would like to know if this judge knows the owner personally? (Since the owner supposedly works in the courthouse?) If so, the judge should be removed from the case.

I would also like to point out that if Champ IS returned to the owners and DIES, is the judge going to take some responsibility in that? He or She BETTER.

I need to go and blow off steam.

Please help us by sending an email to

[email protected].

Let them know that there are more than few people interested in saving this horse and exposing the political corruption at the courthouse. Share w/ your friends. It doen't matter where they live. Strength in numbers.

Maryann, thats what I find odd...why would they allow this judge to make a decision that could be considered a "conflict of interest"

Also and this may not be very nice but the donation I sent to Alchua...well is the judge going to send me back my donation...after all I sent the donation for Champs recovery not for his burial fee!! Why not all the Monsters stop feeding their animals....someone else will come in and put in countless hours,pay for feed,worming, let the rescuers cry all they want because in the end once the animal is healthy again some judge will turn over, a now healthy, animal back to the original monster!!

Just dont get it!!!

Could anyone more in the know about this area get me the judge's e-mail???

[email protected]

rumor is that owner works in court house or clerks office!!!
default_no.gif
I think that we need to be very careful about this "rumour" before finding out if it is indeed true. If wrong then we become just another group of fanatics. I think I would avoid passing on the info or including it in any mails or posts to any of the powers that be. JMO
default_wink.png

I would be surprised if the original folks even wanted Champ back. Way to much pressure and way too much exposure. I think they will want to sit very quiet, and hidden from any spot light, for a while.

Emails and calls sent.

Latest posts

Back