A Very Sad Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belinda

Reaction score
Lazy N Redboy

Today is a day that no one here at the farm wanted to see come !! We laid Redboy to rest today Aug 23, 2010 after failing health this summer. We had to make the decision to let him go . Dad , My Husband , ours and Redboys close friend Clyde , myself and Dr. Tilley were all with him as he Passed on to those Green Pastures where so many of his friends and family have already gone..

My friend you made us who we are today NO doubt you own this farm now and forever !! Enjoy running and taking care of all those Girls again.
default_saludando.gif

Redboy has left his mark in History with all his sons and daughters , and their get and the line just goes on..

Redboy is the sire of “CROSS COUNTRY CALL ME SIR”*** “CROSS COUNTRY PRIVATE TERMS”*** CROSS COUNTRY TAKE MY BREATH AWAY”*** CROSS COUNTRY CALL ME AWESOME *** CROSS COUNTRY STEPPIN FOR THE MOON” ** CHAMPION FARMS NIGHTHAWK** CROSS COUNTRY ROWDYS REFLECTION** CROSS COUNTRY NATIVE DANCER*** CROSS COUNTRY WIZARD** All these sons have been National Champions and /or gone on to sire many National Champions also. And many more these are just a few of the great stallions that Redboy has left to carry on his legacy .

Redboy is also the sire of many National Champion Mares and many of his daughters have also gone on to produce many National Champions, Redboy is the sire of “CROSS COUNTRY BAY MIST” a two time AMHA World Grand Champion Mare she won her titles as a Junior mare and then came back the Next year to Win it as a Senior Mare.. Bay Mist has many many Supreme Halter titles and was quite the talk of the Town during her show Career .. Cross Country Miss Amy , Cross Country Cherish and the list here just goes on and on also.

We have kept 4 Redboy sons, and all have already proven to us that they will make their Father Proud .

Redboy you are gone but Never FORGOTTEN ! I Already Miss you so much
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
!!

Our condolences.

He was an amazing horse. And will continue to impact the Miniature Horse World though his get and grand get.

Belinda, I am so sorry to hear this!! He was a special horse not only to your family but to our industry. <<HUGS>>
default_wub.png

I am so sorry for your loss, it is so hard to let our dear friends go sometimes. May he run in clover fields forever !

Oh no! I'm SO sorry you lost your beloved boy!
default_crybaby.gif

The Miniature Horse world took a huge hit today at his loss. But OH the legacy he left to carry on! OH WOW!
default_wub.png

HUGS to all who loved him. The world of minis is a little less bright today.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about "Redboys" failing health and his passing. I personally own several of his granddaughter's/great granddaughter's and their my most prized an cherished broodmares. They've always produced SHOW QUALITY foals for us every-time. He was a PHENOMENAL horse and he's had a HUGE impact on the miniature horses industry.

Thank you "Redboy" for your invaluable contribution and peace be with you in your new journey....

Last edited by a moderator:
he was a legend and his beautiful babies will continue that legend

Im so sorry for your loss - I can't imagine how awful you must feel

I am so sorry!! But you are so right, he may be gone but not forgotten - certainly not by those of us who own descendants. In our small herd we have a Cross Country Call Me Sirs daughter (and HER daughter) AND a Cross Country Call Me Awesome daughter.

Belinda,

I am very sorry for your loss. It is never easy when you have to let such a friendship go that has been that long.

Please take care!

Belinda

I am so sorry for your loss of this historical stallion.

Kay

I'm so sorry. Redboy is a true legend, who gave me a wonderful stallion. I feel honored to own his son Cross Country Call Me Awesome. Our goal at Cedar Fields is to carry on his legacy.

Dear Belinda and all the other who obviously loved Redboy dearly...

My condolences at the passing of a true piece of history. There are only one or maybe two other horses that have impacted the breed as much as he did. You must be very proud and humbled at all he did to improve the breed.

Godspeed Redboy.

My condolences on your loss today. He was truly an amazing stallion.

Karen

Redboy has left a wonderful legacy for the Miniature Horse world, he was a beautiful stallion and I can tell from your post what he meant to you.

I am proud to own one of his grandsons as my herd sire, here in the UK (Bepettons Sirs Hot Topic).

Run free and proud Redboy you will be remembered by your descendants worldwide.

cutouthead.jpg
[/img]
cutouthead.jpg

You can be proud that you gave him such a wonderful life, and were there to comfort him in the end.

Farewell Redboy, and enjoy romping through the clouds as you canter painfree in greener pastures.

So sorry to hear of the passing of Redboy. It is never easy to let the old ones go....

Through his get and grand get he will continue to influence the Miniature horse world.

Oh my gosh what an amazing little horse he was and I am so sorry that you had to make that decision. He was a household name, and certainly a positive impact on the breed that will never be forgotten.

My heart truly goes out to you, your family and everyone who was close to the little guy- what a tough and heartbreaking time. But what a wonderful long life he had with wonderful people who loved him and took care of him!!!

Latest posts

Back