What Grain/Pellets Do You Feed?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you feed your show horses something special. I saw on another post that someone uses I think it was Hooflex for hooves and gives a great coat? Any one use special suppliments for that SHOW HORSE bloom?
I used to use Select Nu Image coat conditioner and it worked well, but what I later tried and liked better is simply flax seed. I buy it whole and grind it myself. You only use about a tablespoon per horse. It is very inexpensive and really brings out the shine, bloom and gold tones. It even helps them shed easier (but with a show horse, you'd be clipping anyhow).

Last edited by a moderator:
I few new image with BOSS for a year, and honestly, It did nothing for my horse. That horse had a nicer coat on no supplements, and his feed never changed.

The supplement I found that I like right now is called Equi Omega Complex, its made by Uckele. runs about $20 a bucket, and I saw results in 2 weeks. My freshly clipped, not bathed (all winter) horse had a shiny coat. And I'll admit, It's not like I curry my butt off every day, this stuff really works that well.

Laura at Ten L uses hooflex. If I had more horses that needed a coat supplement I would try it out, but it comes in a huge bucket that would go bad before I used it all on my 1 show horse, and its about $60 to $70 a bucket.

Back