Cheese Broccoli Soup

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
Over the weekend I was at a baby shower and this soup was served. It was delicious so I asked for the recipe. Just thought I'd share with my friends.

Cheese Broccoli Soup

In a crockpot mix

2bags of chopped broccoli

1 med jar of cheese whiz

2 cans of cream of celery soup

3/4 quart of 1/2 & 1/2

cook on low for at least 6 hours....longer if you like

VERY EASY!

That does sound really good and it's the right time of year for soup. But too much of this and that apple thing I like and I won't be fitting into my show clothes!!! Urgh, I love to eat
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

It sounds DELICIOUS!! It sounds alot like a favorite of mine I buy in a local restaurant that they call "Cheddar Normandy". I don't ever order soup in a restaurant except that soup in that one place. I think when I try making it, I will substitute one of the bags of broccoli for a bag of "Califonia Blend" instead, as it has broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, so would be even MORE like the soup I order in that restaurant!

Also, can you find out the "oz" size of the jar of Cheese Whiz? I know you said medium, but here in Canada there are more than 3 sizes, so wondering what they consider the "medium" size to be?? Thanks!

Mona, I will ask my cousin for the size and post as soon as she responds. I think it would taste good with other type vegetables too! Honestly, you will feel like you are eating soup from a five-star restaurant.

Jill, I hear you. Between the apple dumplings and cheese broccoli soup, there's enough calories for a week! :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the weekend I was at a baby shower and this soup was served. It was delicious so I asked for the recipe. Just thought I'd share with my friends.
Cheese Broccoli Soup

In a crockpot mix

2bags of chopped broccoli

1 med jar of cheese whiz

2 cans of cream of celery soup

3/4 quart of 1/2 & 1/2

cook on low for at least 6 hours....longer if you like

VERY EASY!
Another ingredient question from the hungry Aussie.

What is 3/4 quart 1/2 & 1/2??

Thanks,

Leonie

Sounds yummmmmmy!!!! With some nice crusty rolls or bread for dipping, too!!!!!

Another ingredient question from the hungry Aussie.
What is 3/4 quart 1/2 & 1/2??

Thanks,

Leonie
Leonie --

Half & Half is half milk and half cream. A lot of people use it in coffee or tea, and also in recipes.

Jill

Another ingredient question from the hungry Aussie.What is 3/4 quart 1/2 & 1/2??
3/4 quart is approximately equal to 3/4 litre. (750ml) It's actually three 8 oz cups. 1/2 and 1/2 is Half and Half cream...like coffee cream.

Okay, the cheese whiz jar medium size I believe is 15 oz. At least that the size my mom used. I was going to check the sizes out myself at the grocery store but we had another terrible storm and I never made it past the driveway today!

Thanks for posting this, I'm going to try it this weekend...sounds yummy! I love broccoli/cheese soup!

Okay, the cheese whiz jar medium size I believe is 15 oz. At least that the size my mom used. I was going to check the sizes out myself at the grocery store but we had another terrible storm and I never made it past the driveway today!
Thank you!!

I'm actualy making it today, thought it would be good to come home from teaching lessons to a nice cup of soup and broccoli cheddar is my FAVORITE
default_wub.png

I'm actualy making it today, thought it would be good to come home from teaching lessons to a nice cup of soup and broccoli cheddar is my FAVORITE
default_wub.png

Mine's in the crockpot right now! This is my first attempt at making it too so let me know how it turns out for you!! Also, I have a fantastic recipe for french onion soup if anyone is interested. It's made in the oven though, and does take quite a bit of time.

Yes please, French Onion is one of my hubbys favorites.

haha will do! I have one for french onion soup as well and it takes FOREVER but it tastes SO good, actually my Moms recipe. The soup should be done soon I'll let you know, it smells good
default_laugh.png

Another question...when you say two bags of choped broccoli...are you using frozen broccoli? The one store I go to has broccoli cut up and bagged but not frozen (kinda like the salad mix you buy)...I would assume that might be a little fresher, but do you need the water content from the frozen kind?

Thanks.

I made this soup yesterday and it was delicious! I did use the frozen broccoli. I had some left over baked ham that I didn't know what to do with so I cut it up and threw that in too and increased the 1/2 & 1/2 to 1 qt. Thanks for sharing the recipe! My family loves soup this time of year.

Sue

Sonya, I made mine with frozen but I bet you could use the fresh too. I ended up buying Birds Eye Broccoli Florets (56 oz) or 3 lb 8 oz. which is frozen. I throw in more than half of the bag.

Sue, so glad you liked it and it turned out!
default_smile.png

I'll be posting the French Onion Recipe soon.

so i finally got to have some and it was VERY good!! It came out very thick more stewy but I really like it that way. I poured it over a baked potato heh Loved it!

I made mine today, and mine came out not near as thick as I was hoping, so I mixed some flour and cream together and added a little to the soup and thickened it quite a bit (my preference) and it was really quite good.
default_yes.gif
mmmmm

Thanks for the recipe!!

Latest posts

Back