Congratulations to Karen Wales

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Congratulations to Karen Wales on her purchase of NARKO, yes i wrote that correct.

Karen has been bugging me over the past few years to let her have Nark back, gosh i cannot wonder why
default_wacko.png
. I sent her pictures of him when i clipped him out as a yearling she said I WANT MY HORSE BACK!!! Well, i said NO WAY. Karen lost his sire, Boones Little BTU Crown Prince, and sold his mother, and has just been bugging the heck out of me wanting him back. Of course i said nope..no way, he is not going ANY where but here!

I've been trying to make room in the barn as i have a number of horses coming in the spring..debating those that im going to show and NEED in the barn...and then that dreadful list of who does not need to be in the barn, but at the same time i just don't want to turn them out to the pasture and let them just exist. So, was sitting at work Monday morning and thought i would email Karen and just run the offer by her see if she was really interested. Well with my luck..she was. So i just sat at work all day long thinking about it with my eye just twitching...twitched all day long, by the time i got home i was like okay i just cannot do this..he ain't going anywhere, i am sick of my eye twitching and i am sure my blood pressure and stress was threw the roof by now, i just cannot do this. Slept on it...woke up the next morning and decided to be reasonable...the only person i would ever let him go to is Karen and..the best part... i know that he will be coming back home (my home!) one day as Karen will have to get bored looking at him sometime over the next 30 some years of his life. Got to thinking about that and actually was somewhat excited knowing i would just be waiting for him to come back home and what an awesome day that will be
default_wub.png

Then was my next Delema, that leaves me with just Flyte for next year. I went out and was looking at the mares and all the mares i bought, i bought just for narko and i am really disapointed that i wont get to see a few of those mares crossed to him next year. But i went threw and picked out 3 that i could see crossing nice with Flyte, then the other two im just going to send out, planning to get in on the sweepstakes this spring.

I start spring semester on Monday, im starting Med school for my RN...after i get threw this first year, i have some tweaking i want to make in my program..just waiting for it all to come together and need to get threw this first semester first.

But...i will miss him SO much, he is such a special horse to me. I've got two mares bred to him due in May and the ring test is telling me they are both carrying fillys, so i have a good feeling either of them will not be going anywhere. I'm sure i will have to send a few mares over to Karens to breed to him down the line..in fact, i may have to sneak one or two over to him this spring..

Anyway,

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko --

Congratulations Karen..your boy is FINIALLY coming home
default_wub.png

dd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine how difficult that decision must have been, but I love your reasoning that someday he'll be back. It must make waiting for those two '09 foals that much more exciting. Good luck at school this year!

Congratulations! I know how much you love that boy, so know how hard this decision must have been for you!

Yes, but i know he will be coming home some day...5 years from now....10 years from now...20 years from now, just that alone makes it that much easier. Because the day i get that call ..and the day he is back in my barn..that will be the greatest day ever
default_wub.png

You know how I feel
default_wub.png
And I really think it was a mature decision and even though its going to be so hard; I know it's right for you right now
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

I feel the EXACT same way about zorro, he's on a buy back and if she never sells him I know he will have the greatest home ever and if she does he'll come live me and play with wee man again
default_wub.png
default_smile.png
Its so hard I know.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Sounds like a great thing all the way around.

Congratulations to both of you! I've done that a time or two Leanna! He'll be back!
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
default_smile.png
Great looking horse by the way.

He's such a handsome boy too, i know his Sire was really special to Karen. Nark is a handsome boy, even in the fluffy winter fuzz...i snapped these this evening out in the pasture...so necky and pretty headed...going to miss him a ton.

5KarenNarko.jpg

2KarenNarko.jpg

4KarenNarko.jpg

Well that sounds like it was a good deal on both ends!! Its nice when horses go where they are suppose to. Very nice one at that.

First off Congradulations Karen! And I can assure you he will have a very good home and be taken care of well! I have also bought from Karen and I love her horses. Lorie

Congratulations to both of you!! Narko is gorgeous!

Congratulations Leeana and Karen. Sounds like a win win situation.

Arlene

Latest posts

Back