Wanna see...........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
The wind and snow are blowing here in WI! My hubby, brother, and step-dad (on the roof) are braving this nasty storm to get our barn up! That's how bad we want our boys home here with us where they belong! I'd say that's love!
default_wub.png

PC015062.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Geri

You have to make them all something special for doing this! Brrrrrrrr I'm liking our desert more and more.

Would love to see pictures when it's done.....

Gini

Wow! Your family must like you or something
default_wink.png

Brave brave men. That looks sooooo cold.

Okay that is not just love - that is something much, much greater
default_wub.png
How very blessed you are indeed.
default_aktion033.gif
Cannot wait to see the finished product - I hope you have them home before the Holidays

That is definetly love and much much more!!That is so sweet of them!!Cant wait to see the final product!!

That barn will be up in no time!!!!!
default_yes.gif
default_wacko.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Thank you everyone! My step-dad and brother are from Rhinelander, which is about 3 hours or so away from us. They took time out of their busy schedules to come help us! Hubby said it will be another couple weeks till he can get the barn and fence done enough for the boys to come home.......hopefully it will go quickly. The barn inside will be just set up with movable panels for now, and the fence will be the 6' tall 4"x2" field fence with electric inside and out. Eventually, come spring, we'll be adding the white rail board fence. We could have had this done sooner, but the place where we bought the materials from took forever to get it delivered!

Geri

You have to make them all something special for doing this!

Gini
default_yes.gif
Yup...........been fixing these men plenty of comfort food to fill them up, and keep their bellies warm!

What will the inside look like??

It's so nice to be loved, eh?
default_yes.gif
It is wonderful to be loved!!!! I think my family would do just about anything for me!

The barn inside will have a feed room, hay storage, and cart and trailer storage.........hopefully we made it big enough (30'x45')! The boys pens will take up about 9' x 36', and there will be 4 pens, each having their own door to the outside, and with moveable dividers in case I should need to make adjustments. The pen fronts will eventually look just like stall fronts with sliding doors. All the wood inside will be white oak, so there will be no little beavers in my barn! The barn outside will be white about 2/3rds of the way down, with green steel on the bottom. Green roof and trim, two sliding doors, one on each end, so we can drive right through if we ever need to.

Okay that is not just love - that is something much, much greater
default_wub.png
How very blessed you are indeed.
default_aktion033.gif
It is definately something else! I didn't even have to ask these two men to come help, they offered! Hubby took this project on himself, and was so excited..........I do mean SO excited to build this barn! He put alot of thought into this building, which makes it all that much more special to me. I've never had a new barn before..........this is definately a dream come true for me!
default_aktion033.gif

I have to really give that hubby of mine alot of credit! We have been at this "project" for months since we found out we were moving. First it was the cleaning and getting ready for showing our old house, then it was searching for a new home, packing 5 buildings worth of stuff, moving (believe me, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong!), unloading, getting settled, and now building a barn!

Oh how lucky you are! It is so nice to have a family who is so willing to lend a hand. My husband is the same way.
default_wub.png

Your barn sounds like it will be lovely! I am getting a new "barn" too, but I was worried about that weather hitting here before it was up, so we put up something fast...a portable shelter type building. Hubby has been very busy working inside of it all week, getting the stalls all built. I'll post pics of the "project" once it is completed...hopefully after the weekend!
default_wub.png

I'll post pics of the "project" once it is completed...hopefully after the weekend!
default_wub.png
Looking forward to that Mona..........just like Karla, I always love looking at the barn photos!

Geri--can you post pictures as you get things done? That would be great!! I'd love to see them--and I'm sure many of the forum folks would too.
default_yes.gif
Hi Karla! Will gladly do that! I've been taking photos as the steps go along, from before the digging even started, and will continue to do so.

We got sleet here tonight, hubby went out an checked, and everything is coated with a layer of ice
default_no.gif
. It's not looking good for working outside tomorrow, though the guys are gonna give it all they got!

You are lucky to have men in your family that are willing to get this barn done for you..

My husband is the same... I am glad he is so handy, he can do anything he sets his mind too!!

Yes we want to see pix of the barn as it progresses...

Latest posts

Back