update on lily

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Lily was the focus of attention at the airport. My son is an unaccompanied minor so I get to go to the gate with him and I get a gate pass. It sorta looks like a boarding pass only it is not good for a flight, it only gets me thru security. Well, Lily thought that was a gift from above. She squeeled and played with it. I took her out of the stroller and let her crawl around and she would crawl right up to the boarding gate and hold up her "pass" like she wanted to get on the plane. Everyone was laughing. She kept everyone in the gate area amused while we waited for the plane to arrive. She wore herself out and slept all the way home. Like I said, she is an exceptional child. I am really blessed.

She is adjusting well to day care and right now, things are rosey.

It is difficult not to get "too attached". The house is full of life now and she makes my husband and I laugh with her antics.

I'll get the portraits that we had taken on the 25th and I'll scan them and try to get them posted. I'm not really too good at that sort of stuff, maybe hubby will help.

I was concerned about having her here, how would we handle it? And now, I am concerned about how we will handle it one day when she leaves. How in the world will I handle that? I know the house will seem awfully quiet. For the time being, we are simply enjoying being full time grandparents/parents. We love her and she gives us so much joy.

And today, she called me "mom-mom" . She's been saying da-da for quite some time but I got the "mom" word tonight. Ask me if my head was swelling!!!!

I'll keep everyone posted.

Shelley

:aktion033: I am glad that you and hubby are adjusting, and enjoying Lily. I bet she thought she owned the airport. Look forward to seeing her pictures.

Jean

Hey, get attached! She's your grandbaby! For however long you have her she is always your heart so be the mom for now and you will be giving her the best gift of her life...a good beginning to who she will be one day as an adult. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back