sphynx~n~minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
I went out to her house to meet her cats. She was not home but her wonderful hubby was!! My husband and I are terribly allergic to cats, but Loren is not. He LOVES cats and would like one very much. So, I found out about these cute little Sphynx cats and wanted to check them out. Loren and I sepent about 45 minutes at her house with her VERY nice husband. He was such a great guy! My husband and hers would hit it off great! They both ride horses too!!! :aktion033:

Anyway, back to the cats. Loren loved them. It was hard for him NOT to pick them up, but he was pretty well behaved. Didn't break anything anyway. :bgrin He loved Clarance, a kitten we were looking at. I was in love with his mother. What great eyes!! So, Loren talked about the kittens all the way home and wants one so much. They were very nice cats and I also liked them very much.
default_wub.png
: Thanks for letting us meet them!!

http://www.nakedbydesignsphynx.com

The mom

cats011.JPG

Carance

cats018.JPG

cats020.JPG

cats015.JPG

And Rocky. He was sooo sweet too.

cats001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphynx are wonderful. I have three. I too am allergic to cats. But there are drawbacks to anything. Just so you know.........it is the dander that most are allergic too and the sphynx do shed skin all over as there is no hair to catch it in. Some can be very oily. Meaning wherever they sit or lay down they will leave a brownish oily stain. It washes with no problem but it is something to be aware of. Some have Sphynx that say they do not have this problem...........everyone I have been around do.

Their personalities are not cat like. Mine are comedians and love to be the center of attention. They are always friendly and never run and hide when strangers come. Everyone that comes here falls in love with them and they never fail to be a huge topic of conversation. They do make great pets......but you should be aware of the drawbacks.. But all of it said I would not trade my gang for anything. Feel free to email me.

threecatssmallweb.jpg

Below is my boy Calvin. I was trying to read the Sunday paper. Calvin was not interested in seeing me read the paper and did everything in his power but turn upside down to get my attention.

exorcist.jpg

Wow! How very different! That pic of Loren putting the kitten down is priceless!

Now I like that kitten more than the other one you were looking at ;)

VERY cute!

No, sorry, NOT for me.

This is genetic mutation gone crazy.

They do not have breed status over here.

I am allergic to cats, I got over it!!

I do mean ALLERGIC.

I no longer can have a house cat but I am OK with the barn kitties.

If you really cannot take it, basically, instead of deforming an animal you do not have the animal.

Simple, really.

Sorry people, you know I will always speak my mind.

Probably why I keep using it!!

Hey Shellie,

:aktion033:

Bob said he had a nice visit too! He said loren was a cuttie and so well behaved.....

Did the cats bother you at all? When are you bringing your Husband over for a visit.... ?

I had a little bit of a reaction, but it was very mild. And consitering you have 8 cats in the house I think I did pretty well. If you had 8 furred indoor cats, I would not have made it through the door way!!

Loren took to them right away. He didn't even comment about them not haveing fur. Didn't bother him a bit that they might be different. He is a very open minded boy.

You have a lot of breackables in your home and Loren touched them all. I was a little worried about that, but he put them right down when I asked him to and he was a pretty good boy. He wanted to carry Clarance everywhere and it was hard for him to leave the kitten on the ground. He talked about his all the way home and even asked me if we were going to see the kitties again today. So, they were a hit with him!

Thanks for letting us meet them.
default_wink.png
:

How cute!! I love the pic of Loren and Clarence where it looks like they are deep in conversation.

I love the patterns the wrinkles make on the younger pics of Clarence! Fascinating!

Spynx are one of my all-time favorite cats =) I wish I could afford one, i'd love to bring one home! The most I ever spent on a cat though was $20 to save this one last little black kitten that was left from a whole group of kittens...I can't believe he was the last one...he is awesome with multiple extra toes and a personality where he only loves ME! I love him so much =)

Great pic's and adorable cats...............

Rabbit's I am going to disagree .....the mutation causing this is no worse than the mutation to miniaturize horses
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
: JMO

From What Carol has said in the past about her kitties they sound a bit like the siamese in personality.....so my question is .........are they a "chatty" breed?

I think they're awesome!! And thanks for posting about them. My hubby loves cats and we have in the past discussed this breed. They look to have such personality.....maybe there's one in our future?

Rori it is a completely different thing altogether- it actually makes an animal unable to fend for itself, live outside or be the animal it was originally.

The Mini is still a horse, as we all know.#This could be compared to dwarfism, but not to breeding size down in anything, dogs, horses, whatever.

A Chihuahua is still a dog.

A Sphinx??

Sorry, that is not a cat. :no:

From What Carol has said in the past about her kitties they sound a bit like the Siamese in personality.....so my question is .........are they a "chatty" breed?
Lets see.........how can I describe these very unique little creatures, aliens, gremlins. (as visitors call them :lol:) I would not say they are "chatty" like a Siamese because Siamese will walk around talking about nothing. A Sphynx will talk when they have something to talk about. Like when they want something and they are very vocal about their wants. Mine love to go on the screened porch and if I do not let them go there when they want I have 3 very "chatty" kitties!

They are NOT outside cats and if you want a cat that goes indoor and outdoor they are NOT for you.

I do not let them sleep with me as I am a very light sleeper and it wouldn't work. Plus like I said they leave little oily spots (and yes even when they are bathed....which I do weekly) and I am a clean freak. My cats have their own bedroom with their own bed and bedding. They are quite content.

Their ears and toes pads should be cleaned too as they accumulate oil. And almost every day I take a nice warm damp cloth and wipe them off......they love the attention and the warm rag. Their skin is also thicker than the average cat. I was shocked the first time I gave one a shot!

As far as personality goes they are a cross between dogs, monkeys, young children and cats. Imagine that. Very affectionate and loving and like I said, not scared of much of anything. I think they make a great pet for children.

Expensive? Yes, but worth it.

From What Carol has said in the past about her kitties they sound a bit like the Siamese in personality.....so my question is .........are they a "chatty" breed?
Lets see.........how can I describe these very unique little creatures, aliens, gremlins. (as visitors call them :lol:) I would not say they are "chatty" like a Siamese because Siamese will walk around talking about nothing. A Sphynx will talk when they have something to talk about. Like when they want something and they are very vocal about their wants. Mine love to go on the screened porch and if I do not let them go there when they want I have 3 very "chatty" kitties!

They are NOT outside cats and if you want a cat that goes indoor and outdoor they are NOT for you.

I do not let them sleep with me as I am a very light sleeper and it wouldn't work. Plus like I said they leave little oily spots (and yes even when they are bathed....which I do weekly) and I am a clean freak. My cats have their own bedroom with their own bed and bedding. They are quite content.

Their ears and toes pads should be cleaned too as they accumulate oil. And almost every day I take a nice warm damp cloth and wipe them off......they love the attention and the warm rag. Their skin is also thicker than the average cat. I was shocked the first time I gave one a shot!

As far as personality goes they are a cross between dogs, monkeys, young children and cats. Imagine that. Very affectionate and loving and like I said, not scared of much of anything. I think they make a great pet for children.

Expensive? Yes, but worth it.
Sounds like a breed I would enjoy :bgrin I have two siamese type girls.........neither are as chatty as some of the purebreds I have known BUT if they aren't fed when they demand it or they want your attention same thing chatty chatty..................one of my kitties is often referred to as the leaping lemur/monkey cat as she is a nut.........

Very neat breed.

I was suprised about how these cats felt to the touch. They were not weird feeling at all. They were very warm though. The cats were also easy to pet. It was no different in my desire to pet them, except I wanted to pet them more because they were not making me sick. I like them. Don't knock them till you meet them, is what I have to say about the Sphynx cat.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back