skunk smell

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
there are two types of dogs when it comes to skunks

the ones who learn their lesson the first time

and the ones who will NEVER learn

My dog, Cinnamon, is a type two dog. The first time she got skunked we did the tomato sauce thing. We had a large pink dog who smelled like skunk parmegian (?) This time I looked on the internet and got the real recipe: 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 2 TBLS liquid dish soap. You mix that all up and use it as a shampoo. OMG! She has no smell and is so white you gotta put on sun glasses to look at her. And we won't even begin to say how absolutely soft she is now. Only down side, it seems to have loosened all her underhair. That soft, soft downey stuff close to her skin. She is shedding copious amounts all over everything. We have been brushing her for days but to no avail. She is shedding up a storm. She walks by and it reminds me of that bugs bunny cartoon with the witch. You remember, every time the witch would go by, there would be a bunch of hair pins flying around. Anyway, I really recommend the mixture to rid you dog of the smell. It is cheap and very effective.

Shelley

OMG your description with the witch is hilarious!! Poor dog, poor you! How many vacuum bags have you used so far? LOL

I too have a dog that just loves to get skunked and finially last year I found the peroxide recipe and used it. It did work. I am hoping to be able to skip it this year. It is skunk breeding season and we are seeing them all over the roads.

arlene

Maybe we should try it on those "oughta be/wanna be white" horse tails.
default_rolleyes.gif

Maybe we should try it on those "oughta be/wanna be white" horse tails.
default_rolleyes.gif

I was thinking that very same thing but what IF it took the tail off and you had NO tail, OMG'd!!!!!!! I think I'll stick to it for my dog...... :DOH!

default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png
Well, I would try it on a "staying home" one first
default_wacko.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

At least you'd have more time for it to grow back out.

Latest posts

Back