Quick and easy for the grill

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I'm so proud of me today. If there is one thing I hate to do its cooking .I enjoy it twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The rest of the time, I'll do anything I can to get out of the kitchen so when I see something that is fast and easy, that's for me. I came across this recipe somewhere, but I did my own version of it and here it is:

First you take aluminum foil and spray it with spray oil. In this case I was making 4 servings so I did (4) little packs of this:

I sliced a potato thin, added butter, salt, pepper, cheese, slice of bacon and canned corn.Wrap it up on the foil like a package. Shove it on the grill for about 45 minutes, medium heat.

The picture looks like slop because Mr. Retirement could not wait a dad gum minute to start eating it, but I did assemble it to look a lot better. The good part is that everyone loved it and were stuffed. I had burgers to go with it but everyone was so full on this they passed on the burgers. Another great thing is that there's no dishes! YAY! I'm going to make this again due to popular demand.

May12020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Mom used to make something like that! No corn in it, but I love potatoes- ANY kind!- and they were yummy!

Also try zuccini, squash, peppers and onions grilled like that. Slice them up, add salt, pepper and butter and grill.

Now I'm hungry for grilled veggies, and I don't even HAVE a grill!! :D

Looks like something I will have to try.

Whenever I grill chicken breasts or steaks (I don't eat hamburger) I always make zucchini and squash.. So simple and so good!!

I make a large portion, but you could do it individually.

Slice your zucchini and squash into rounds, place on foil.. I add lots of butter and shredded cheese (I use Cheddar & Monterey Jack) and pepper.. Enclose your foil packet and I place on the top rack of the grill about 15 minutes before I start cooking the meat. When the meat is done I allow another 5 minutes or so.. It's Sooo good! I have to have a plate of just the squash and zucchini.

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad used to always make grilled potatoes that way; potatoes, onions, bacon, butter and salt and pepper. So wonderful.

That looks good!! next time put the meat in there with it, way easy clean up!!

Sounds yummy, we do something similar with fish, we make tin foil boats, put in the potato, fish fillets, veggies, old bay seasoning, garlic and a pat of butter, so good, you can also fix it in the oven in the winter.

Latest posts

Back