Overseas Shipping Prices

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Just curious, about how much would it cost to ship a mini from overseas, like Australia or New Zealand or Germany....is it a LOT like $3,000 or more or less???

The going rate for big horses from Germany/Holland/France to New York is about $8 to $12K. Generally includes the paperwork & hassle in Europe, the flight, the pallete space and the quarantine on the end. You'll pay more bringing in a 2yo+ intact colt or filly from an EVA country because CEM quarantine is required. Does not include shipping to the final destination.

Don't know a thing about importing AUS or NZ.

I don't think you'll be able to trim the costs too much for the minis. If you're bringing over more then one they could share the pallette space, maybe get a bit of a deal on the quarantine costs... but still, I couldn't see it happening for anywhere near $3K.

Shipping from Manitoba, Canada to Frankfurt, Germany was $2800. Cdn per horse with min shipment of 3 mini's.

Yep around 2500 dollar per horse including quarantine, was it when I got my champagnes about a year ago, that was to Amsterdam, Holland.

But we have to pay taxes and unloading costs here too, and mine also had to be shipped from Kansas to Texas.

Geesh... $8 to 12K??? Holy Smokes, I paid way less than that to ship the Hairy Monster from Ireland, thru NYC then vanned to me. Flight = $ 2900.00 Fees, taxes, surcharges, quarantine, war risk insurance (?????) all in with the exchange in my money (Canadian) was $5200.00 to my door.

http://www.irt.com

International Racehorse Transport...WONDERFUL!!

Kim

I believe if you shipped a mini to Australia/New zealand the cost JUST to ship is around $5000-$6000. That does not include any other charges/fees.

did you say "from"..... :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Geesh... $8 to 12K??? Holy Smokes, I paid way less than that to ship the Hairy Monster from Ireland, thru NYC then vanned to me. Flight = $ 2900.00 Fees, taxes, surcharges, quarantine, war risk insurance (?????) all in with the exchange in my money (Canadian) was $5200.00 to my door.
One of the major costs of importation from countries like Holland and Germany is the CEM qurantine (which is different from standard quarantine) required on this end (the US) for intact animals 2 and up. The facilities have to be specifically approved for CEM quarantine (I believe the horse has to complete standard quarantine, then go on to CEM quarantine, but don't quote me on that paticular). The average cost is about $2K for a mare, and $5K for a stallion, although if your horse actually turns out to require treatment and needs to stay longer... ick.

Even if you halved the $10K "rule of thumb" for a Mini from Germany or Holland, you'd still be looking at $5K.

Like I said, though, this is from Germany or Holland, so there's that added hoop on this end for animals specifically coming from EVA-flagged countries.

The two of mine that were shipped over to Australia cost in excess of $10,000 EACH by the time everything was taken into account. (land transport, air transport, quarantines, insurance, paperwork, fees, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back