New pics of Blind foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helen is just beautiful!!! You all are to be commended for your care and love for her. What a special little gift she is!!

I love Rummy too. He's gorgeous!!

She is such a doll, and sooooooooooo thankful she has you!!!!!!!

Thank you for the updates.

She is truly precious!
default_wub.png
:

I must have missed the first thread about this little beauty as to why she is blind. I think she's in the best of hands. She's just gorgeous!

The blaze on her face looks like a human footprint. Maybe Gods??

Sharon, she's blind because she was born without eyes. It is a developmental defect, and usually they're born with tiny eyes, but the vet thinks that she has none at all. Thank you for your suggestion about her blaze, I've been trying to figure out what shape it is since she was born. It would be appropriate that it might be God's foot print, since we have all decided that she is a gift from God, and chose a "fancy" name for her just as we do for the rest even though she won't be registered, it is Maine Pride Blinded By The Light.

And by that we are NOT being sarcastic, or cruel, we mean blinded by God's light, because she was meant to be, and be here, just the way she is.

Thanks Everyone for your kind words and outpouring of love and support for our little girl.

Jodi

:bgrin Jodi, Thank you for your updates on Helen, I love reading about her antics, she just makes me smile and warms my heart
default_wub.png
: I will still keep her in my prayers that she may see but if she can't I know with her wonderful spirit she is here for a special purpose. Best wishes, Yvonne

Thank you all for such nice compliments. We think she's pretty beautiful!! And I know she's very funny and full of herself. She has decided that she really likes to have her butt scratched, but if you hit the wrong spot on her butt, she kicks up her back feet, but then comes back around and wants more scratches! I do realize that I will have to put a stop to that, but at a week old it's CUTE!
default_wub.png
:

Though you are all probably tired of hearing about Helen she had two more milestones yesterday. First though we have picked at the stall, yesterday I cleaned the whole thing to the floor initially scaring her almost to death but she calmed and all was well. Whole stall completely cleaned and new bedding. Yay!!!!

Second though she has been examining mamas dish after it was empty she hadnt eaten any grain yet that I could see but mama is possessive about her grain so yesterday I offered her some grain out of my hand and she was very happy to finally be able to eat some without mama pushing her away.

Today is stock car racing day so have no one to help me but tomorrow will hopefully be her first venture outside. We will carry her out of the stall as ramp isnt done yet.

The whistle combined with her name is working and she can walk right to you when called. Will be starting halter familiarization the first of the week. If she is behind our sighted foals it is only because we are slow getting things ready for her. There are so many other things that need doing. But she is, at nine days old doing very well and I am so glad I decided to give her a chance. She brings laughter joy and amazement to all who have seen her.

That is wonderful Nita, I know she will forgive you for holding her for the "bad lady", just talk to her like you would a small child and she'll come to understand and love you. I am so glad she ate from your hand!!! Perhaps her own bowl with supervision is next eh? Altho handfuls when momma eats is probably all she needs for now! The bell should get there today, I expressed it.

Latest posts

Back