Is Joey a Shetland?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Here is Joey, he is a 40' 4yr old gelding. I've never been sure but i always guessed he was a shetland and considered him one. But asking never hurt ..
biggrin.gif

Here he is ....

100_9784.jpg
c5e94520.jpg
509c391f.jpg

If you need anymore pictures ..i have nearly 100 of him. These are from a while ago.

I think if he is a shetland he is a classic shetland ..but i dont know.

So is he a shetland or grade small pony?

Leeana

hi leeana

shetland is a bloodline. So to be a "shetland" the horse has to have Shetland papers. since he has no papers that we know of he is considered a grade pony. He could have shetland blood in him but theres just no way to know.

Isn't he just so sweet looking! Like kay said, he may be Shetty, looks Shetty, but there's no way to know. My grade ponies have been every bit as much fun as my ASPC ponies, so enjoy him! My unknown X unknown mare is the best kid's pony on the place.

He is very sweet!

We rescued him from SugarCreek horse auction (75% of the horses dont get a second chance that go through there, lets put it that way!). I was looking at him and leading him around some in his stall there and i liked him, didnt plan on buying him but i liked him. Baker (the guy who buys/sends out meat horses) ...was about to get him and i got dad to jump in. He is the best pony i have. He was very underweight though. Its mid-winter right now, and he looks how i'd like him to look in june. He is very hard to put weight on, but we got about 25-30 pounds on him.

..you wouldnt beleive how loving he is!

He's getting shown in open halter, showmanship and jumping classes this year. Id like to do driving with him ..but he's not trained yet. Maybe next year!
biggrin.gif

I thought he looked shetlandy to ..i was reading on IMH (horse breed website) charicterists of shetlands and he has some of them and does have the shetland personality and all.

He's my faverit pony that i own and is worth the world to me. Other then Coco, he's the all time faverit!

Thanks so much

Leeana

Oooh Stella and him are a great little pair! Lol... both are "grade ponies" but we want to KNOW WHAT THE **** THEY ARE!!! lol... both came from auctions... both are cutie pies...
yes.gif
We need to set up a blind date!!!

unsure.gif
excuse me exhaustion...

He looks very much like one of our Island bred Shetlands, a Waterloo line, Could be brothers.

Latest posts

Back