Great quick recipe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
This is too good not to share. I found this recently in a recipe book on Potatoes, Onions, and Garlic. It is great for snacks, appetizers, side dish, etc. Thought it might come in handy for folks at Nationals, folks tailgating, folks vegging at home, and especially lucky folks like myself. I say lucky because I have a dear sweet neighbor that loads me up with her extra produce. Ok, without further adoo:

TOO GOOD TO BE POTATOES TATER SHAVINGS

Wash potatoes (Russet, Colorado, any white potatoes). Using one of the WIDE vegetable peelers/slicers or a cheese slicer shave the potatoes into thin shavings (a knife will not work unless it is super sharp and you are able to cut super thin). Put the shaved taters in a bowl of ice water for about 15 minutes. Take them out and dry them on paper towels, blot to complete drying. Fry them in heated vegetable oil. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle them to your liking with a shaker you have prepared that contains the following: red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt.

Super simple and super tasty. I am going to fix up a batch and watch the Razorbacks later! WOOOOOOOOOOOO PIIIIIIIIIIIIG SOOOOOOOOIIIIIEEEE!!!!!

Anybody want to chime in with some of their favorites?

That sounds REALLY good!!!!
default_eat.gif

Sounds dee-lish! I wonder how it would be on steamed veggies?

Back