Found This today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalamara minis

Reaction score
BlackBell.jpg

This was my show horse in the early 60's. No one really remembers her height but it was around 42 inches.

This was before the registeries were formed. She was shown in Western Pleasure, Trail Horse, Reining classes, and gamed. She held her own against the big horses in all class, and we won our share of classes also. This mare raised 3 of us over the years and lived to be 30. I moved to QH's in the late 60's.

Oh Bill, that is a priceless picture.

My parents were not into picture taking and I am sad that with the menagerie of animals that came in and out of my life while growing up, I dont have a single picture of me with a horse when I was little. Some dogs, but no farm animals at all. Makes me sad.

I had a banty rooster that I carried around with me wherever I went. He would meet me at the bus in the afternoon and from then till he went to roost we were inseparable. No pictures of that either, just memories.

Bill, what a great photo! You look very debonaire and like a very serious competitor! :) Your little mare is a pretty one!

That s so neat that you have a photo that old ( no offense) Just that I think people take so many more pix nowadays then they used to.. You are lucky to have this gem!!

How cool is that!!!Thanks for sharing. She looks alot taller then what she actualy is!What a sweetheart.

Latest posts

Back