Breeding modern shetland to hackney

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANA

Reaction score
I am just curious as I am new to shetlands. If I bred a modern shetland mare to a hackney stallion can the foal be registered as a modern shetland?

No. ASPC is closed to all outcrosses. A Modern Shetland/Hackney cross would be registered in the American Show Pony Registry.

Thanks, so in order for the foal to be registered shetland I would have to breed to a modern shetland or classic shetland. I plan to breed my modern mare in the future, probably in 2007. Now fun part will be finding a shetland stallion in Quebec. Though I guess I could breed to E's Blaze Of Glory, owned by Shauney's Shetlands and Miniatures. He is about 2 hours away from me. He is a modern shetland.

Shana,

As long as both the parents (or future parents) hold ASPC papers, you are safe with registering a future foal.

MA

Hi Shana.I am new to the Shetland world as well. Thought I would let you know that I live in Eastern Ontario, near Cornwall and I will be standing my Classic Shetland Stallion, Country's Trinity Almost Painted in the next year. He is a minimal buckskin pinto, with an outstanding show record for a yearling. Just got the 2005 Top Ten National All -Star results and proud to say he finished as #1 Foundation Classic Yearling stallion 41" and under and #2 Foundation Classic Stallion Junior Champion. Email me at [email protected] if you would like to see pics. Sandi

Latest posts

Back