Barn has 372 bales!!! More than I need for a year!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnbum

Reaction score
Small stack

012-1.jpg

Large stack. I love the nooks and crannies to sit and ponder.
default_smile.png

010-1.jpg

$2.75 a bale. 40-50 lbs each. Grass hay/Timothy. Mark loaded his pick-up from the hay guy's wagon, then drove home, backed up to the back of the barn and dumped it off. I stacked. We can get 40-42 bales a load this way. It gives me time to catch my breath between loads.
default_rolleyes.gif
We did two one day, four another (so tiring!), and three last night! Mark helps stack the last few once he's done. He seems to move them effortlessly compared to me by the last trip.
default_laugh.png

I still have 40 bales left from last year and it's still green and smells wonderful! I've been collecting new stuff from what's fallen in the moves to sprinkle on their dinners.
default_wink.png

Mrs. Hay Guy (Okay, Kathy) told my husband she's never seen anyone get so excited about hay. He told her I don't rest well until I know the barn is full for the winter.
default_wub.png
We've never gotten more than 250-280 bales before, but with dry lots, I like to keep them munching.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That hay looks wonderful. Our hay crop should be coming up soon. Just hope my hay guy didn't get flooded out this spring.

That's why I'm always so happy to get it...no more worrying about the weather and if it'll ever stop raining, or rain enough. I never take good hay for granted. I was so pleased with the price too. My farrier and hay guy are on my list of top favorite people.
default_smile.png

I can get very excited about a truck load of 30 bales of shavings too.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That hay looks great and every one of us here can relate to that ***hapy sigh**** feeling you've got. Way to go!!!

Nothing like the feeling of a barn full of hay!

I thought the title said 'Barn has 372 Babies' and I almost crapped my pants. Thats a lot of foals. Hahaha!!!!

Nice hay!!

Nice hay, glad I don't have to buy hay. We do our own hay and right now my husband and father in law are doing my horse hay, though most of it will be round bales but I will have about 400 square bales as well. I feed my horses round bales outside as most of my minis are outside year round with a run in shed. We have round bale feeders and one bale usually lasts my broodmares and fillies about a week. Then I give a round bale to my arabians which lasts them about a week too. My mini stallions are in seperate paddocks so are fed square bales as a round bale is to much for just one mini. If a mini is indoors we feed them square bales.

Back