AMHR shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If using a Meadowbrook makes me lose points, I don't mind. I just don't want to do something that is against the rules and risk being thrown out. I try to read the rulebook but most of it doesn't make sense so sometimes you need someone elses interpretation to help make sense of it all.
Agreeded and understood. The only bad question is the one that doesn't get asked and leads to an accident.

Don't you all have a Technical Delegate or the like at the mini breed shows?
default_unsure.png
Granted, the TD can still interpret rules the way they see, but at least it is an official "ruling" vs. just some other competitor's view.....

There haven't been too many (or any that I know of) rulings where the TD didn't agree with the judge at any shows I have been at.

Myrna

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you all have a Technical Delegate or the like at the mini breed shows?
default_unsure.png
Granted, the TD can still interpret rules the way they see, but at least it is an official "ruling" vs. just some other competitor's view.....

There haven't been too many (or any that I know of) rulings where the TD didn't agree with the judge at any shows I have been at.

Myrna
AMHR approved shows must have a Show Stewards for, among other things, measuring, monitoring the show, making sure the rules are followed and also there to answer questions and help interpret the show rules. As I understand it, the Judge's opinion takes precedence INSIDE the show ring, while the Steward's opinion does anywhere outside the ring. In most cases where I've seen a question arise, it's usually the steward who is bringing something to the judges attention and the stewards opinion/expertise is usually taken.

AMHA was looking at something similar at their convention, but don't know if it went through or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have shown at AMHA shows and never used a martingale. And I've won ribbons, so I dont' think the martingale is an issue. Maybe at the national level?

I use my Jerald Runabout and I have also seen the metal EE cart at the A shows. I wasn't sure what a "basket" was, but other drivers assured me I could use my Jerald. So I did.

I'm hoping to attend my first R show next month. I won't be using a martingale and I'll have my Jerald. So, we'll see how that works out.

The judges I saw were picky about harness--whether straps were caught on shafts, safety issues, things like that. At one show the judge saw that the headstall had come down over one ear--that was a no-no. It happened when we were in the lineup for the back. My horse shook his head and I guess that is when it happened. Another time a driver was driving without a bit and the judges got pretty worked up about that.

Having a basket on your cart means that you can't use your roadster cart or Hyperbike for those classes. It has nothing to do with a boot. The boot goes over the basket. The boot is convenient, however, when you are entering the driving ring and realize that your sunglasses are still on, so you can chuck them under your apron and they are still there when the class is over.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
(BTW, there is no rule that says you can't wear your sunglasses. I just don't like to for ring classes. I will wear them for obstacles.....)

Myrna

Latest posts

Back