2010 Special Breedings!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
Yeah - I know I am obsessed with knowing what all the farms are doing for 2010. . .
default_rolleyes.gif

Anywho, I finally made decisions about what I want to do breeding wise this year and I am happy with the decisions that I have made. For one, I am going to let my three year old cremello stallion focus on training this year since we just got a cart and harness (thank GOD all of my driving horses are similar in height and stature lol). Then I decided that I would let both of my two year old colts focus on training as well and show them before breeding them to have a show record to back them up, even if it is a small one.

So, that just left my "main man" Sampson to do job for 2010! Although he will be showing lightly in driving and halter, hopefully.

Below I have it listed as SIRE (sire info) X DAM (dam info) and beneath each is the color possibilities of each planned foal, although I DIDN'T include pinto genetics because I am not exactly sure what they each are genetically!

JOSIAH ONE (AMHR 32.5" 2005 Model Bay Minimal Pinto) X B&WS SUPER TRADITION (AMHA/AMHR 33.5" 1998 Model Solid Palomino)

29.17% Buckskin OR Bay

16.67% Palomino OR Chestnut

4.17% Smokey Black OR Black

JOSIAH ONE (AMHR 32.5" 2005 Model Bay Minimal Pinto) X DILLARDS HHH CLOSE ENOUGH TO PERFECT (AMHR 31.25" 2005 Model Palomino Pinto with one blue eye)

29.17% Buckskin OR Bay

16.67% Palomino OR Chestnut

4.17% Smokey Black OR Black

JOSIAH ONE (AMHR 32.5" 2005 Model Bay Minimal Pinto) X TVF'S CAN'T DENY BEAUTY (AMHR 33" 2008 Model Black Pinto with two blue eyes)

70.31% Bay

23.44% Black

6.25% Chestnut

SO WHAT ARE YOUR SPECIAL BREEDINGS THIS YEAR?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your breedings Katie - it'll be exciting to see what you get!

I plan on breeding 2 mares this year, in a couple weeks actually, trying to get Jan/Feb babies on the ground before Little League/show season
default_biggrin.png

My first mare is:

Deiles Tidbit (black A/R mare sired by Wittmacks Mickey Mouse) Tidbit is pictured with her 2009 colt Eli

Eli_Tidbit_4_20_09.jpg

My other mare is:

BuckOn's Bad Girl (grulla A/R mare sired by Little Kings Buck On Broadway) Trouble is pictured her her 2009 colt Baxter

Trouble_colt_mama_5_1_09.jpg

Both mares will be bred to Pacific Masquerade, my 2007 bay sabino overo A/R stallion
default_wub.png

Masq_trotnew1_1_3_10.jpg

Both mares have many foals but this will be Masq's first year breeding (and my first year having foals by my own stallion) so I'm excited to see what he will produce!

Both mares will be bred to Pacific Masquerade, my 2007 bay sabino overo A/R stallion
default_wub.png

Masq_trotnew1_1_3_10.jpg

Both mares have many foals but this will be Masq's first year breeding (and my first year having foals by my own stallion) so I'm excited to see what he will produce!

Very nice stallion... he is so pretty. You made a good choice, I have always thought he was stallion I would like to have at my barn. I am very jealous.
default_biggrin.png

Nice horses, they should make some nice babies!!! I am not sure of all of our breedings yet but have a general idea, the ones I am probably most excited for though are a possible breeding or two to an own son of Komokos Little King Supreme! We will also be breeding a few mares to our 2yr old perlino Buck Echo/Blue Heritage grandson! And we will have a few mares bred to our senior stallions as well.

wow - the line up is looking great for 2011 foals! I'll be watching for everyones updates.

I personally want to get over THIS foaling season first - LOL Come on babies! Slow start but once the first one hits, it's like the domino effect around here. HA

This year we'll be breeding our two new buckeroo sons and our Billy Idol son is just turning 2 this spring so he will get a couple or so for himself.

this year we'll see Electros first foals (another Buckeroo son) and we can't wait to see what he produces.

Once Electro and Baileys (BTU son) first foals hit the ground this spring - we'll have some idea of what they throw so we can match them up this year for breeding.

We're putting our lists together of possible pairings - and most likely fine-tune at the last minute as always. LOL

The Buckeroo daughters are being re-bred out at LKF this spring so we have to make choices there also. THAT list will be much tougher list to choose from than our own I'm sure. LOL

Our Buckeroo sons:

Little Kings Electro Buck (having his first foals this year):

electro-4.jpg

Little King Buckeroo Merlin (will breed for us this year):

merlin5.jpg

Little King Buck Outta Cyte (will breed for us this year):

ocb.jpg

And we don't have great pictures of Billy Idol son or the BTU son - but that'll happen this summer:

Jones Idols White Tails Destiny (weanling pics and will breed first time this year):

Destinyfront.jpg
Destinyright.jpg

Rogers HSR IMA BT (his first foals arrive this year - these are BAD pics - but wait till you see his transformation this summer!):

bailey1.jpg
bailey2.jpg

That's about it for us - got our hands full for sure!

Latest posts

Back