Photo

obstacle courses and jumping courses

5 replies to this topic

#1 Genie

Genie

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts
  • Interests:We are breeders of small miniature horses, under 34 but preferably 30 inches and under. We breed purebred Papillons.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Where do people find obstacle course patterns, or jumper class patterns for the fairs or club shows?

We help organize a local fair and depend on other competitors to provide us with something they have seen used before.

Are there specific rules with regard to heights of jumps or the age of horses allowed to compete?

i.e. to jump, the horse must be at least 3 years old for instance or to be on the cart, 3 years, etc.

Our two shows we are involved in are restricted to "A" size horses.

Jim and Gene Baynham

NIxons Hill Farms

Home of Timber Ridges Dazzle, Kobecks Chief O Hatchee, Piddy Paddocks Glori Halylooyla, Grosshills Chief Crazyhorse,Nixons Hill Hats Off To Larry, Nixons Hill Johnny Be Good

Our goal is to be "TINY" and the perfect example of a full sized horse in miniature.

http://www.freewebs....iniaturehorses/

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Keri

Keri

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • Interests:Please visit our website at www.rhinestoneminiatures.com.

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

The rule book is a great place to find things. I think on jumps the minimum height is 12" and the max is 36", but most fall around 20-24". There has to be a min. of 5 jumps or obstacles and up to 8 max. You can easily design a course. I do the obstacles for my club. I just incorporate backing, sidepassing, pivoting, ground tie, trot poles and something exciting (like a bridge or a tarp). Then you want to make them get harder for open classes and easier for youth so no one gets discouraged. If there's enough time, PM me and I can send you some of my obstacle designs. smile.gif
Please visit our website at www.rhinestoneminiatures.com.

#3 Cara

Cara

I gotta get a life...

• Youth Member
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:I love to ride horses, jump trail everything its jsut amazing! i like to draw and work with my mini toyland china<3Also i enjoy singing and running!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

most shows make there own patterns! i can draw some up that i have done in the past 4 years and email them to u, if u like?
Cara
owner of:
Toyland China
Grand reserve mare at binbrooke
Grand champ horse hunter over fences 2007 MHCO
Proud member of:
4-h little foot miniature horse
club of ontario and
Miniature horse club of ontario.
cjjgurl@hotmail.com

"HORSES will love you forever and can show you magic better then any BOY''

#4 Sandee

Sandee

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • Interests:miniature horses, sewing

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Keri @ Aug 21 2008, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rule book is a great place to find things. I think on jumps the minimum height is 12" and the max is 36", but most fall around 20-24". There has to be a min. of 5 jumps or obstacles and up to 8 max. You can easily design a course. I do the obstacles for my club. I just incorporate backing, sidepassing, pivoting, ground tie, trot poles and something exciting (like a bridge or a tarp). Then you want to make them get harder for open classes and easier for youth so no one gets discouraged. If there's enough time, PM me and I can send you some of my obstacle designs. smile.gif

Yes, check the rulebook. AMHR max jump is 30" while AMHA maximum allowed in "jump offs" is 44". Those are for jumping while the top height for hunter is 24" in both registrations. No jumps are allowed in AMHR obstacle classes.
For a good obstacle course just take a walk through the woods and think about where you're walking what or how you're walking over or around or through.
There's nothing better for the inside of a person than the outside of a horse.....Will Rogers. Navarre Mini Acres
Royal Oaks Simply Awesome - 2008 Champion.... AMHR Nat'l Western Pleasure Driving 32" and Under
Royal Oaks Mandalay Bay - 2009 Champion....Wis.State Horse Council - mini/pony driving; 2010 Top Ten.... in Golden Age Jumper, Golden Age Pleasure Driving Under, Amateur and Open Halter Obstacle; 2011 Top Ten Nationals....in Golden Age Jumper & Golden Age Country Pleasure Under
Brush Creeks Magic Spell - 2011 Champion Park Harness Over ....AMHR Youth, Amateur, & Stakes

#5 ponyarab

ponyarab

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:I love horses but I also enjoy drag racing, bowling, guitar and volleyball.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

Go to the site below is it has some great information along with patterns you can use.

http://www.showhorsepromotions.com/

#6 Genie

Genie

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts
  • Interests:We are breeders of small miniature horses, under 34 but preferably 30 inches and under. We breed purebred Papillons.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:05 AM

Okay, thank you everyone.

I think with the generous offer from Keri, regarding sharing her info, and now this site, I should be set.
Jim and Gene Baynham

NIxons Hill Farms

Home of Timber Ridges Dazzle, Kobecks Chief O Hatchee, Piddy Paddocks Glori Halylooyla, Grosshills Chief Crazyhorse,Nixons Hill Hats Off To Larry, Nixons Hill Johnny Be Good

Our goal is to be "TINY" and the perfect example of a full sized horse in miniature.

http://www.freewebs....iniaturehorses/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users