Does a pregnant stomach look like this?

18 replies to this topic

#11 luv2ridesaddleseat

luv2ridesaddleseat

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

Shelly, I called first thing Thursday morning and had to leave a message, they never called back. I will try again Monday morning.

Keri, she is on a dry lot and gets hay only.

Irish Hills Farm, she is supposed to be due in September.

I am wondering what this bulge is 1/3 of the way down her side. I know it's not a foal, as it doesn't move. I wish I knew how to draw a circle around it to point it out, but I don't know how.

My heart horses that will be with me forever!!!

APHA DD Sanmans PaintedJewl, Black and white tobiano mare, homozygous for Black and Tobiano

AMHA Tiz Eagles Sundae War Dance, (pending) Grullo pinto yearling gelding

AMHR Maxwells Amazingly Laced in Silver, (pending) Silver Dapple Pinto filly born June 9, 2009

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#12 Becky

Becky

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts
  • Interests:Miniature horses, of course!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

She looks pregnant to me. All of my pregnant mares get a bulge on their lower abdomen as their pregnancy progresses. I have a maiden mare due in Sept and she looks about like that.
Redrock Miniature Horse Farm
Superior Splashed White and Tobiano Miniature Horses

Fiesta Acres Mystique - World Champion and Top 10 exotic and exciting jet black Jr Stallion

Catca Woods Duke Of Earl - Palomino tobiano/sabino pinto son of Lucky Four Rangers Imperial out of a daughter of Little Kings Phantom Buckeroo

Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

#13 miniaddiction

miniaddiction

I gotta get a life...

• Youth Member
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with Miniatures...Especially showing<br />In my first year of study towards a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education<br />

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

She looks pregnant to me too.

I have a mare at 230 days and they look about the same...Have you been able to feel any movement? My little one is going nuts in there every time I have a feel.

Is her neck hard at all on top?

#14 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,073 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

She looks pregnant to me........ The "line" going across her side occurs on several of our broodmares during the later stages of gestation. Our vet pointed it out to us once years ago, so now I watch for it.
Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#15 luv2ridesaddleseat

luv2ridesaddleseat

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

miniadiction, no she has no hard crest at all. Her chest and shoulders are normal sized also, no extra weight. I did a google search last night for "fat, overweight and obese" mini pictures. It only brought up a few, but there was a huge difference between them and my mare. I could see how big the necks were, they looked awful.

I hope I won't have to wait along time for another appointment with the repro Vet.

APHA DD Sanmans PaintedJewl, Black and white tobiano mare, homozygous for Black and Tobiano

AMHR Maxwells Amazingly Laced in Silver, (pending) Silver Dapple Pinto filly born June 9, 2009

#16 ~Palomino~

~Palomino~

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

If she is due in september you should be able to feel it kick, put your had 6 inches before her udder and kinda push back and the foal should kick back, just don't do it extremely hard or anything, just so it feels it and kicks back!
Gage Carlsen Carlsen Miniature Horses
E-mail:minihorse_gc_8@hotmail.com

http://www.carlsenminis.com

#17 luv2ridesaddleseat

luv2ridesaddleseat

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

I have not felt anything, but I've just been kind of laying my hand there gently, not putting any pressure there. Maybe I'll try a tad of pressure. Of course my mare ends up moving away from me after a few seconds! I will try tomorrow and see if I can feel anything. smile.gif

#18 Miniv

Miniv

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,073 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

Are you graining her? If so, the best time to feel for baby is when she's eating her grain. biggrin.gif
Miniature Ventures -- Larry & Maryann Cerullo -- <a href="http://www.miniature...eventures.com/" target="_blank">http://www.miniature...ntures.com/</a>
Breeding for the continuous improvement of the miniature horse AND miniature classic Arenosa Shetland in athletic ability and beauty. Relocated to beautiful Powell Butte, Oregon in 2005! Come visit!

Our posts are only our opinions or based from our experiences since 1990 as miniature horse owners/breeders. Please take our advice or leave it.....It's a FREE country (last I checked!).

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."
Proverbs 31:8 **

#19 Mercysmom

Mercysmom

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(~Palomino~ @ Jul 5 2008, 09:19 PM) View Post

If she is due in september you should be able to feel it kick, put your had 6 inches before her udder and kinda push back and the foal should kick back, just don't do it extremely hard or anything, just so it feels it and kicks back!

My quickie pregnancy check is to feed the mare and feel her belly right on her navel - baby will kick then. Once mine were confirmed in foal, I would check status nightly...baby's kicks let me know he/she was OK and absence of kicking warranted a veterinary check.

Good luck!

Denise
Denise Silversong Farm Home to Haligonian Mercy Bo Cool Literary, TV star, multichampion therapy horse and awesome teacher Other miniatures - Silversong Freedom Rings (Freedom) and Shanadar's Monetary Dilemma (Saoirse - Mercy's great-niece), Shanadar's Miss Classified Monet (Auralyn), AMHA Morgan - GVM Weatherly (Weatherly), Arabian -Calypso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users