Photo

Holiday Horse Costumes?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Leeana

Leeana

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:50 PM

Our town is having a christmas weekend and saturday they are having a pet costume contest and all costumes have to be christmas related.

I'm kind of short on time but need idea's for costumes. Im thinking i will be taking Coco for it, he is the more calm and relaxed one of the bunch. So far, all i have is possible a Santa costume ..he already has the belly wacko.gif.

I was thinking maybe dressing Coco up as the grinch and then my shih tzu as the Grinches dog?

Possible an Angel????

Any costume ideas?

Green Creek Pony Farm

American Shetland Ponies

The Stallions
* Graham's The Gambler ASPC/AMHR (Graham's Classic Tango x Red Rock Bullseye Taffy)

Raising quality registered american shetland ponies & miniature horses. 

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Alex

Alex

Someone just shoot me!

• Youth Member
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

lol, I like the whole Grinch thing! Mabe you could be Cindy From Whooville! biggrin.gif

#3 Dona

Dona

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:34 PM

Here are a few ideas.

I dressed up "Button" for Halloween. biggrin.gif She is only 18" here, so dog costumes fit her. The Witches outfit is a dog costume I got at Super Petz.
IPB Image

The Angle outfit was a children's costume
IPB Image

The devil horns were mine! rolleyes.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

Here are some Christmas ideas...

I've used large dog collars with jingle bells on them for around a minis belly or neck. I've used antler headbands & santa hats made for people. I use little girl's christmas scrunchies for around hooves. Take a red horse sheet & attach white fur around the edges & put a black belt around the middle for a Santa "look".
Just use your imagination. This time of year there are all kinds of christmas things around that you can put to use! Oh...another one is to put a Christmas wreath around their necks!

IPB Image

And here is an outfit I made for a filly a few years ago. It was an actual "Union suit" (red long johns with trap door) Of course, I had to attach some lace & make her a little sleeping cap to match. wink.gif This was for the Great Outdoor Underwear Festival Parade. yes.gif Everyone had to dress in some type of underwear.......very interesting parade that always got National attention. They even had celebrities send in autographed underwear that the town hung up right thru mainstreet & auctioned off! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kickapoo Acres</span>....where we are breeding little & loud Overos!

Located in Southwestern Ohio

#4 High Meadow Miniatures

High Meadow Miniatures

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

Here are some suggestions smile.gif

Reindeer
Present
Christmas Tree

Edited by High Meadow Miniatures, 28 November 2007 - 08:42 PM.

~High Meadow Miniatures~

AMHA/AMHR show quality dun, cream dilute and pinto miniature horses, specializing in the Buckeroo and BTU bloodlines
Home To:
Little Kings Buck O
AMHA/AMHR 31.5" cremello Buckeroo son
Boones Buckeroo Too Grand Slam
AMHA/AMHR 32" bay dun BTU son

Like us on Facebook!

#5 carlenehorse

carlenehorse

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:05 AM

We are having our Christmas parada today and it is a lighted parade. Here is what I have made. I sewed the lights on the blanket.
http://i11.photobuck...se/IMG_2867.jpg
Carlene

#6 MiniHunterHorseFan

MiniHunterHorseFan

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:42 AM

You could make huge sleigh shaped cut outs and paint them, strap them onto his back and figure out how to put wrapped presents in between. Then you could dress up as Santa and your dog could be a reindeer. Just an idea. smile.gif

#7 Leeana

Leeana

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

I have decided to go with a Festive Reindeer smile.gif. Have it all planned out on paper and i am off to wal-mart in the morning.

But new question, for those of you who made little bell bracelet or whatever those are that go around the horses legs that have been on them ..how did you make them? Im thinking of putting bells on a hair scrunchie maybe? So little time so much to do.

I'll post pictures when its all over and done ..promise! This is going to be really neat!

Thanks you guys for your great ideas AND pictures!

Green Creek Pony Farm

American Shetland Ponies

The Stallions
* Graham's The Gambler ASPC/AMHR (Graham's Classic Tango x Red Rock Bullseye Taffy)

Raising quality registered american shetland ponies & miniature horses. 

#8 Dona

Dona

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:30 PM

You can buy those little "scrunchies" with bells on them at pet stores. The ones for small dogs work best for mini's legs. You can also find them as holiday ponytail holders.

Or....you can make your own & sew bells on them if you are so inclined. yes.gif
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Kickapoo Acres</span>....where we are breeding little & loud Overos!

Located in Southwestern Ohio

#9 Rebecca

Rebecca

I gotta get a life...

• Youth Member
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:24 AM

My 4H club was in a Christmas parade last weekend, (unfortunatley I was away) we had 3 horses in the parade, my friend's black QH was the ghost of Christmas Future, we had a chubby bay arab cross who was the ghost of Christmas Present, and then we were going to have miss Kassie be Christmas Past, but since we weren't there they used the next smallest horse, (who wasn't so small, let me tell you! rolleyes.gif ) an arab mare who belongs to my 4H leader.
Next year I won't miss it, but those are just some ideas!

Have fun! aktion033.gif biggrin.gif
Morning Glory Miniatures

Home of Mocha's Keep Her In Kashmere and Honeysuckle Knolls Toys Little Rusty-
National champion, Multiple World Top Ten and a Reserve World GRAND Champion in halter/driving, 2010 Eastern Regional Youth High Point Award

In Avatar: Honeysuckle Knoll Toys Little Rusty, aka Rusty, 2010 Eastern Regional Reserve Champion in Youth Hunter

"Beauty captures your attention, but personality captures your heart."