Photo

Redrock Miniature Horse Farm - Dream - maiden appaloosa mare *FOALED* 5/16 *New picture 7/23*

178 replies to this topic

#1 Becky

Becky

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts
  • Interests:Miniature horses, of course!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

As many of you know, I breed pinto patterned miniature horses, but the opportunity came along to purchase this pretty, silver dapple appaloosa mare and I couldn't resist!   

Indian Dreams New Moon is a 32" AMHA Jr Champion Mare and AMHA Central Regional Champion Solid Color Mare (before her spots started to show!)  Dream now has increasing mottling and snowflakes starting to develop on her body. 

I brought Dream home on March 30 and detected the slightest hint of udder that day at 284 days gestation.

Within 2 days, she had substantial udder development which concerned me that far before 300 days gestation.  So, I decided to start her on Regumate and SMZ's to see if I could slow her down.

Udder pics in the next post.         

Dream5_zpsd544b986.jpg

Edited by Becky, 23 July 2013 - 04:22 PM.

• supaspot likes this
Redrock Miniature Horse Farm
Superior Splashed White and Tobiano Miniature Horses

Fiesta Acres Mystique - World Champion and Top 10 exotic and exciting jet black Jr Stallion

Catca Woods Duke Of Earl - Palomino tobiano/sabino pinto son of Lucky Four Rangers Imperial out of a daughter of Little Kings Phantom Buckeroo

Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Becky

Becky

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Here is her udder at day 291.

Dreamudder291days1_zps8ab236cb.jpg

Dream291days2_zps75be08fd.jpg

Fiesta Acres Mystique - World Champion and Top 10 exotic and exciting jet black Jr Stallion

Catca Woods Duke Of Earl - Palomino tobiano/sabino pinto son of Lucky Four Rangers Imperial out of a daughter of Little Kings Phantom Buckeroo

#3 Becky

Becky

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

And here is Dream's udder yesterday at day 296.  She is progressing, but not too rapidly at this point.  The medication seems to have slowed her down.  It appears that she will at least make 300 days and beyond. 

Dream296days1_zps10c9de66.jpg  

Dream296days2_zpsc698307f.jpg

I will take more pictures and post as she makes noticeable changes.  Dream is bred to a leopard appy, so I am hopefully for a baby with lots of spots!   

Edited by Becky, 13 April 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#4 Eagle

Eagle

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,903 posts
  • Interests:I miss my chips so much!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hi Becky and Welcome to the Nutty Nursery :) WoW Dream is just gorgeous and I can't wait to see this little spotty baby  :yes  I am looking forward to some body pics too :)

#5 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,471 posts
  • Interests:Horses and Quilting

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

This thead was started over an hour ago, and Diane hasn't seen the spot alert!

Can't wait to the foal Becky, lovely mare; good luck.  

Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Showy, Caddy, Honey, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota and Jasper

Donkey: Tilly

2012 colts: Monty, Manny and Junior

#6 AnnaC

AnnaC

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,518 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Chanda, I think Diane maybe at work where her possible 'glimpses' at a computer are pretty limited!!

Hi Becky and welcome to the Nutty Nursery.  Lovely mare you have there, I'm sure she's going to give you a beautiful baby - with spots too hopefully!  Are the folks you got her from absolutely sure of her dates - as I'm sure you know, many mares will still stand for a stallion even when already pregnant.  Did you by any chance have her scanned before starting the regumate just in case they had her dates wrong?

Looking forward to more pics of her, she certainly a very lovely lady.  :yes

Ancaster Stud, Wales, UK.
Home of Falabella Anselmo.
Ancaster Colonel Mustard.
and now home to -
Darmond Boogerman's Bravado.

www.ancasterstud.co.uk

#7 targetsmom

targetsmom

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hi Becky - LOVELY mare - is she on Mare Stare?  Just as easy to watch 2 as one.  Our maiden is also due soon and on MS.  As a pinto "purist" I will try to refrain from any comments  about her "other kind of spots" LOL!

Anna, mares can foal while still on Regumate so that should not be an issue if the dates are wrong.

Mary

On Target Miniatures, AMHA/AMHR/PtHA registered minis & Little Hooves 4-H Club
www.ontargetminiatures.com
Current avatar: Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure (B/W ex-broodmare now 4-H project: head shot); Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic (driving; also 4-H project); OTM Moonlight Snow (2013 B/W filly with ball); OTM Hit the Jackpot (2013 silver bay/white colt); OTM Sure Shot (2012 bay/white gelding); OTM Calling the Shots (2012 Gray/white filly). Almost half the herd of 14. Photos from summer 2013.

Some horses come and go, and others come, leave hoof prints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. RIP Max & Target, our special boys.

#8 Becky

Becky

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,960 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Anna, very good point you brought up.  Dream was actually bred through two cycles.  However, the vet ultrasound dates last summer coincided with the second set of breeding dates, so I can only assume she is the gestation length I have posted. 

As Mary pointed out, Regumate won't keep her from foaling at a normal time frame or developing a full udder even if the dates are wrong.  I will continue on with it until she foals even if she happens to be further along than the information I have.     

Mary, Dream isn't online, unfortunately.  My camera system it too old to go online.  Have tried and failed many times.  It simply won't work!  So, everybody will have to enjoy her progress through pictures and updates.  At 4 yrs of age and heavy in foal, she definitely doesn't have her girlish figure she had at two when the picture above was taken! 

I will take some body shots of her this weekend and post. 

#9 chandab

chandab

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,471 posts
  • Interests:Horses and Quilting

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Chanda, I think Diane maybe at work where her possible 'glimpses' at a computer are pretty limited!!

I know, but she seems ot have "spots radar", so still surprising...

Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Showy, Caddy, Honey, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota and Jasper

Donkey: Tilly

2012 colts: Monty, Manny and Junior

#10 eagles ring farm

eagles ring farm

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

welcome Becky what a beauty ..anxious to see this foal

Lori
www.eaglesringminiatures.com

Triple K Boogies Bow Tie-AMHA/AMHR-"Little Kings Boogie Buckeroo" son
Little Kings Buckeroo Buzz-A/R"Boones Little Buckeroo" Son-and 2011 AMHA Top Ten Senior Stallion 30-32"
Eagles Ring Bows Spicy Mustard Seed-A/R-2010 AMHR National Futurity Top Ten mare
Uno Lotus, D'Armond Darling Echo, Cedar Fields Awesome Coco Chanel, A&Lms Rompin Cody Chera Pooh, RF Bars Warrior Princess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users