Photo

Miniature Horse world has lost another....

12 replies to this topic

#1 LindaL

LindaL

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

I am sad to announce that Richard Ray of Silver Meadows Training Center in Anthony, Florida has passed away. He was the hands behind all the wonderful driving horses that have won so much in both AMHA and AMHR...truly one of the best driving trainers out there today! My condolences go out to his wife Anita (Gayle) Ray and their family at this time of loss. Our community here in Florida will miss him greatly at the shows and he will be missed by many others at Nationals and Worlds. The Miniature Horse world has lost yet another great one.....

~La Vida Loca Miniatures~
~Vista del Valle's Uno Confiado (HOF)~
~2009 34" Black Bay AMHR/ASPC stallion (Now a GELDING!)~
~Nat'l Futurity Winner/Nat'l Reserve Champion/Multi-Nat'l Top Ten/Nat'l Champion All-Star/Nat'l Top Ten All-Star~

Geldings: Snowberry Farm's Jet Set (ASPC/AMHR Multi-Nat'l Top Ten), Haney's Legacy Of Starfire (AMHA), Lynncliff Double's Legacy (AMHA/AMHR), Alliance Imagine That (AMHA/AMHR 2x Nat'l Champion/Res. Nat'l Champion), Southern Breeze's Magic Mike (AMHA/AMHR)

Mares: SMO Gabriella de Suerte (ASPC/AMHR Nat'l Top Ten), Dale Ray Str8fromtheheart Dot Com (AMHA/AMHR),, "Ruby" (rescue <3 )

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 REO

REO

Admin / Administrative Entertainment Coordinator

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,697 posts
  • Interests:Breeding Black Splash horses with Superior conformation!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

I didn't know him, but I'm very sad to hear of his passing :(
My prayers & thoughts are with his family.
ROKO MINIATURE HORSES

RHA LOTTO LOCOMOTION~ Black Splash stallion

ROKO LOTTO SPLASH OF PERFECTION~ 29.75" Black Splash stallion

LITTLE KINGS BAY A BUCK~ 30" Buckskin stallion

Forum Moderator and Official L'il Beginnings Entertainment Coodinator

#3 Riverrose28

Riverrose28

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:minis of course, bulldogs, sewing, reading, baking, grand kids

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

OMG! What a shock, no I didn't know him but I do know Gayle and his daughter, so sorry to hear of his passing, my thoughts are now with his loved ones.

River Rose Farm Miniature Horses
www.riverroseminiatures.com
Home of Lucky Four Sugar Boys sundowner, AMHA Regional Reserve Champion Senior Stallion, AMHR Champion Senior STallion, and Champion or Champions "A" division, and his get River Rose Twinkling Sundown, multi Champion Jr. & Sr. Mare in halter and liberty.
Theresa Cameron "Terry"

#4 Barbie

Barbie

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Linda, I've been in a state of shock all day and still am. It's so hard to believe that Richard is gone. My sympathy and prayers are with Gayle, Amanda, Christopher and the rest of the Ray family as they deal with the heartache. The miniature horse world will certainly miss Richard.

RIP Richard - drive on!!!
Oak Vista Farm
Parrish, FL

In our avatar - Oak Vista's Red Dawn

Dawn is our own little miracle as she was born with a dislocated hip and broken femur. Following surgery at 4 1/2 days old, the surgery falling apart a week later, and 3 months of confinement, she is now getting close to a totally normal life, thanks in part to all the prayers from our Forum Family.

#5 rockin r

rockin r

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

I am sadened to hear this. Richard was one of the best trainners in the SE, along with his wife Gayle. I had the priviledge to know them and help with their horses at Nationals in Tulsa thru my many mini friends. Condolences to the family.
<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->Rockin R Ranch<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<a href="http://wefoal.com/_w...ockinr/cam.php" target="_blank">http://wefoal.com/_w...inr/cam.php</a>

It all started with Sidders Song Of Soloman, the rest as they say is history.[/color]
<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->
Sidders Song Of Soloman... AKA Dillinger
Shilohs Sugar Baby...AKA Sugar
Dillinger's Six Shooter A Buckin'...AKA Shooter
Mamma's Day Dreamer...AKA Dreamer
Dayja View Dreamin Of The Past...AKA Dayja
Dillinger's Reflection Of Miranda...AKA Ziggi
ROKO Raven Snippet Of Lotto...AKA Cricket
In Memory Of:
Donte's Dream Catcher<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->
Bumble Bee
Miranda
Nut Creeks Gun Powder...AKA Gunny

........Godspeed my sweet babies, you are forever in my heart<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#6 Castle Rock Miniatures

Castle Rock Miniatures

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts
  • Interests:Family--especially my Grandchildren--horses, good friends and good books!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

This is very sad news indeed. Richard was certainly the "hands behind the horses" and was an incredible trainer. It was a pleasure to have known him and see him work.

Very sad, and condolences to the family.
Diane C. Wolcott - Castle Rock Miniature Horse Farm - http://www.castlerockminiatures.com
Breeding for Quality in Falabellas and American Miniature Appaloosas - AMHA / AMHR / FMHA / FBR
Breeding for that "big horsey look" in Miniature!

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

President - International Miniature Appaloosa & Pintaloosa Club
President - Falabella International Preservation Association

#7 allaboutminis

allaboutminis

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:HORSES HORSES AND MORE HORSES

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

I have known The Rays for a very long time. Area 3 will not be the same as you all know Richard Ray could drive a horse and so could his wife and daughter and grandson. Every year the Rays would take on a youth and teach them how to drive halter and jumpers. The youth will miss him dearly and so will so many others. You never saw Richard with out a cup of coffee and some on in their tack stall if you was brave to go in there with their trusty side kick Mandy! I hope that Gayle will still show and that her daughter and grandson will still do the same.

RIP Richard

#8 Riverdance

Riverdance

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts
  • Interests:Miniature Horses and Tibetan Terriers

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Although I did not know Richard, being new to Florida, i am sorry to hear of his passing and wish his family the best.
Home of Riverdances Marbled Tigress, AMHA Reserve World Champion

Home of Riverdances Desperado, AMHA Central Regional Champion and Multiple Grand Champion winner
Home of Fallen Ash Scouts Prince Of Tides, AMHA World Top 5 and World Champion Producer

Breeder of AMHA World Champion and Reserve World Champions

www.riverdanceminiatures.com

#9 madmax

madmax

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

I am sorry to hear of Richard's passing. I have known the Rays for many many years, ever since ' way back when' my daughter and I would go to open shows to 'break in' our driving horses to a show ring before taking them to a mini show. The Rays were there just starting out as well, and later at the mini shows we reconnected. In the show ring, Richard drove to win, and if one was lucky enough to top him, you knew you had done a good job.
My sympathies to his family.
BRASS RING Miniature Horses ...... Driving Horses Our Specialty......
Circa 1986, breeding and showing halter Champions and driving winners, Worlds Top Tens, Championship Shows Champions, shown and trained solely by our family.

Brass Ring Excalibur aka "MAX" AMHA CHAMPION Award, Worlds Top Ten, 103 AMHA points
Mini Hoofs Bucky One AMHA CHAMPION Award, Worlds Top Ten, Register of Merit
Brass Ring Amazing Grace - AMHA Register of Merit, Worlds Top Tens Driving.
Brass Ring Mistys Irish Lullaby, Grand Champion 29"BRINDLED Black Roan Mare
......In Loving Memory......
SG TNT 1982-2009 .... Willing, Loving, Stallion, he owned me for 23 years.
Supreme Halter, Multi Grands, AMHA Register of Merit Driving, Worlds Top Tens
Multi-High Point Halter/Driving---Florida

#10 Deb O.

Deb O.

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and our fur children(miniature horses and dogs)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

The loss of Richard Ray is a tough one for the local horse community that he gave so much to and to anyone who had the privilege to spend time with him at nationals and worlds. I am sure that the tradition that he and Gayle started will only continue to grow in the coming years and his hands will continue on in his young grandson who loves nothing more then to drive a horse like his papa.
Deb Owen of La Vida Loca Miniatures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users