Feel like a movie star today. . .

5 replies to this topic

#1 Flying minis

Flying minis

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Have been ground driving my 3 year old mare, Dayzha, on and off since last fall - today took her to my son's house (he has an indoor round pen and a large outdoor arena) and worked her - then hooked her up. She was absolutely fantastic! Walk, trot, stop, pivot, back up -- and his boxer dog was running around at her, and she couldn't have cared less. Took her outside, drove in the arena, then down the road - then he BACKED HER UP to his mailbox to check the mail :shocked Can't believe how smart this horse is - I bought her last fall, and in 3 weeks she was competing in halter obstacle - and doing well! Now this. . . really a wonderful little horse!

Posted Image

So excited for 2012 show season!

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Marsha Cassada

Marsha Cassada

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Fantastic! Good luck with her at the shows.
I like her coloring.

#3 Flying minis

Flying minis

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

Fantastic! Good luck with her at the shows.
I like her coloring.

Thanks Marsha, in the summer she is a gorgeous dark silver dapple. . . she's a fun little thing - not so much a horse as an attitude on hooves :OKinteresting

#4 paintponylvr

paintponylvr

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Interests:silver pinto ponies, driving, braiding

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

She's really neat - what's her breeding? So very nice4 when everything goes so well with gettig them started and they are fun too.

Any more updates?

Paula Hoffman
Lillington, NC

www.lppaintedponys.com
All That Style n' Class - Halter HOF
LP Painted FlashNfluf -
2013 ASPC Congress: Reserve Champion Futurity 2 yr old Foundation Mare

Buckeye WCF Classical Wizard -

2013 ASPC Congress: Champion Futurity 2 yr old Foundation Stallion

2012 ASPC Congress: Champion Yearling Foundation; Reserve Champion Foundation Stallion
LP Painted Mo-Olympus -
2013 ASPC Congress:  Reserve Champion Futurity 2 yr old Foundation Stallion

WF Action Jackson - RIP - May 1992 - July 2012

#5 Flying minis

Flying minis

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

I don't know much about mini pedigrees, so don't know if there's anything "special" in her breeding, but her pedigree is below. She continues to do really well, took her out on the road with another horse, and once she decided she didn't have to be scared when the other horse passed her she did fantastic : ) She can really trot out when motivated (like when she wants to catch the other horse LOL). Winter has now hit us with a vengeance though, so we haven't been able to work for the last week, and I'll be out of town now for a week, so hopefully weather will be good when I get back and we'll be able to start driving again. I hope to take her to a show in mid-May, at least for experience.

Her Sire is Double W Chief (Lil Darlin's Indian Warrior x Waldner's Pixie Magic) Great Grandsires Toyland's Indian Joe and Ramaker's Red Storm Magic

Her Dam is Snowball's Little Red (Knight Star's Flashback x Snowball of J&J) Great Grandsires - Toyland Trumpeteer and Circle S Slingshot

Tried to post her full pedigree, but it wouldn't post right! She came from Brad and Machelle Bonde in South Dakota - I've gotten 3 from them, all fantastic, and they have been incredibly helpful since I've gotten into this "mini thing" (as my hubby calls it!)

#6 Jules

Jules

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Wonderful!
That is so exciting to her that her first experience of being put to cart was so positive. Woooooo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users