Photo

Worlds Smallest Horse

33 replies to this topic

#1 gatorbait4sure

gatorbait4sure

Can't stop now

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:Minis, Dressage, Corgis, Gardening, Playing my Harp, Going to the beach., But MOST of all my 12 year old Daughter!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

How tall is the "Worlds Smallest Horse" now ? Anyone know?
dru
~Dru

DRIVE LIKE THE WIND, IT MAY BE YOUR LAST GO-ROUND!

IF YOU OBEY ALL THE RULES, YOU'LL MISS ALL THE FUN!

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 AshleyNicole

AshleyNicole

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

The dwarf Thumbelina is 17 1/2 inches My link ---that is her website or are you talking about Einstein? Don't think he is smaller than she is now
-Ashley
A & B Minis
Home of:

Cross Country Barracuda-'08 Res. Nat'l GRAND Champion Senior Stallion- son of Lazy N Redboy
Flying W Farms Okie Blue Sky-double blue boy grandson

As well as several champion and champion producing mares
www.aandbminifarm.com

#3 Reble

Reble

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts
  • Interests:Breeding Mini Horses Only 1 mare, 1 stallion and 2 geldings
    Breeding Toy Poodles
    4 Children, 7 Grand Children
    2 Great Grandson

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

I have read, Einstein at 2 is 20"
I believe he was being put in the genius books of records as the smallest stallion weighing 6lbs at birth. Not sure if that has been done.

KAVELBEL MINIATURES

AMHR / Under 34.00"
Ontario, Canada
Breeding For A Good Nature Pet For All Ages
Conformation, Colour & Size

#4 Riverdance

Riverdance

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts
  • Interests:Miniature Horses and Tibetan Terriers

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

[quote name='Reble' timestamp='1320453896' post='1423941']
[/quote

Einstein turned one this past April. I am not sure if they know how to measure him properly. It would be interesting to have him measured by someone who knows how to do it right. He looks taller.
Home of Riverdances Marbled Tigress, AMHA Reserve World Champion

Home of Riverdances Desperado, AMHA Central Regional Champion and Multiple Grand Champion winner
Home of Fallen Ash Scouts Prince Of Tides, AMHA World Top 5 and World Champion Producer

Breeder of AMHA World Champion and Reserve World Champions

www.riverdanceminiatures.com

#5 Reble

Reble

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts
  • Interests:Breeding Mini Horses Only 1 mare, 1 stallion and 2 geldings
    Breeding Toy Poodles
    4 Children, 7 Grand Children
    2 Great Grandson

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Riverdance'
quote name='Reble' timestamp='1320453896' post='1423941']

Einstein turned one this past April. I am not sure if they know how to measure him properly. It would be interesting to have him measured by someone who knows how to do it right. He looks taller.
[/quote]

Sorry I meant to say going on 2 he is 1 year 7 months. and is said on FB, he is 20" tall.

All about Einstein on FB

https://www.facebook...stein.minihorse
https://www.facebook.com/Einsteinmini

KAVELBEL MINIATURES

AMHR / Under 34.00"
Ontario, Canada
Breeding For A Good Nature Pet For All Ages
Conformation, Colour & Size

#6 trickhorses

trickhorses

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Just saw him on Good Morning America today celebrating his 2nd birthday. I saw a post on facebook from a fan that they say he is "around" 24" tall. I wish they would get him measured by a ring stewart and get his EXACT measurement. I am really tired of hearing that he is "around that" height. Stop guessing and get him measured already! I see he still has that roached back too among other things. :No-Sad. Einstein is very cute an all and he is obviously very WELL taken care of - I am sure the king of his farm :yes . You can tell he is well loved. But he is not the epitome of the breed and they need to stop being barn blind and admit that he is just a really a small pet quality mini.He is not the ideal in miniature horse conformation and should not be bred (i hope not). I still see dwarfism in him. While it may not be as extreme as most. I see it. I love in their interview they say his size is a throw back. LOL - FYI. A friend and I both have dwarves that are directly related to Einstein! So I can tell you his size is not just a fluke. He has dwarfism in his background.
All Star Farm
Trick Trained Gypsy Vanners & Miniature Horses
Home of the famous "Gypsy Queen"
www.allstarhorsefarm.com

#7 JMS Miniatures

JMS Miniatures

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I saw on GMA too that he was celebrating his 2nd birthday. I don't think he can be called the world's smallest horse anymore but yet they still claim he is. Also I couldn't tell if they were talking about minis but they said he had a couple of girlfriends and he's old enough to do it. He's cute but not stallion material.

#8 Guest_StarRidgeAcres_*

Guest_StarRidgeAcres_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

To answer the original post, I believe Thumbalina is technically the smallest horse (a dwarf) at 17" (mature height).

Einstein isn't the smallest anything. There is so much deception in his "advertising" that it turns my stomach. His "official" website and fb pages are full of photoshopped pictures which tells me they know EXACTLY what they are doing. They know is has huge conformaiton flaws and if they don't know he is a dwarf, then they are not nearly as smart as I thought. His pedigree has dwarf-producing horses in it, near and far. It's a scam. Plain and simple. Of course, this is just my personal opinion ;)

#9 rabbitsfizz

rabbitsfizz

I just can't help myself :-)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,902 posts
  • Interests:I have had horses most of my life, and I have been breeding Miniature Horses for just over thirty five years. I have a specific interest in colour and pattern genetics.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think his being or not being a dwarf is totally irrelevant. He is not the smallest horse, at "around" 24" he is probably just in the bottom size bracket (Rabbit was 24" at 24 months and grew to be 28"- both measured, btw) but, for me, first and foremost, he just is not stallion material, and never has been.
Also, for me this is almost equally as important, the owners that have declared all along he is just a well loved pet and would not be red from, now have bought him some girlfriends. Isn't that the cutest thing???
Time to introduce stallion licensing, America!
Jane

DUMP THE CHECKREIN!!!!!

All good things come in small packages.......including horses!
Proudly breeding British Miniature Horses since 1978.
http://www.shadowplayminihorses.co.uk/

#10 susanne

susanne

dB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,189 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

LOL -- I'm not defending Einstein or his owners, but if they don't know how to measure him correctly, they would most likely be measuring at a higher point than last mane hair/bottom of withers and therefore be measuring him TALLER than he actually is -- unless they think they should measure where his chest meets his neck or something equally unlikely.

........................................................................................

What if it's all a big hoax and we create a better world for nothing?

"I guarantee you that every person of color in this country has faced an indignity, from the ridiculous to the grotesque to the sometimes fatal, at some point in their..I'm going to say last couple of hours, because of their skin color. Race is there, and it is a constant. You're tired of hearing about it? Imagine how ***ing exhausting it is living it. -- Jon Stewart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users