- - - - -

Open bridle with side check rings

15 replies to this topic

#1 Mominis

Mominis

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Interests:Shake, training horses, collecting vintage horse books, and making good horse-loving friends!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Does anyone know where I can find a nice leather bridle that is open with side check rings? I have been checking different sites and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Thanks!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."-Dr. Seuss

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 Katiean

Katiean

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • Interests:Driving and training Miniature Horses, Show Rabbits and the out doors in general

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

DoubleTT has them for around $60-$75 I can't remember. They are very nice bridles and they also have a very nice mini harness for not too much. You do have to state over or side check.

Ooops! now that I read your post again it is an open bridle you want. There are places you can get the straps that would hold the blinders but there are none. They change your closed bridle into an open bridle. Also, if there is a saddle maker near you, you can have these straps made so you don't have to replace your whole bridle.
Raising AMHA/AMHR Registered horses. Kathy and Jessica (aunt and niece team)

#3 hobbyhorse23

hobbyhorse23

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,638 posts
  • Interests:Driving my two boys single, pair and tandem

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

Just contact your favorite vendor and ask for them. Almost anyone can make you a bridle like that! I actually need to get one too. It's just about the only thing I don't have.... rolleyes.gif

Leia

Horses, like people, are never "finished." The work of self-improvement is never done.

Proud partner of Arrowstar's Dakota, Evergreen Miniature Horse Club's 2008 Preliminary Combined Driving and Western Country Pleasure Under Champion

RIP Oak Bay Turbocharged Edition, April 15, 2008 - March 17, 2013

Beloved Partner of Leia and Kody

Taken Too Soon

RIP Spyderman, January 12, 1977 - May 27, 2010
You are (still) missed

#4 Mominis

Mominis

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Interests:Shake, training horses, collecting vintage horse books, and making good horse-loving friends!

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Unfortunately, I don't yet have a foavrite vendor for mini tack and none of my big horse regular vendors carry mini tack. I have a local man who makes tack, but he uses the synthetic stuff. Call me old-fashioned, but I really like leather better. Any suggestions for vendors? If it isn't okay to post them here, please toss me a PM.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."-Dr. Seuss

#5 disneyhorse

disneyhorse

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Nothing but good things to say about minitack.com (Ozark)

Andrea

#6 DarkhHorseFarms

DarkhHorseFarms

Addiction Free

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

minitack.com .... ROCKS! smile.gif
Love OZARK! They always answer all my questions.

Lisa & LeAnn
Darkh Horse Farms
Fallon, NV
Home of:
Desert Angels Precious Metal(Celebrations Tennessee Titan X CN Shes Simply Irrestiable) AMHA gelding
Celebrations Tennessee Sweetpea(Celebrations Tennessee Temptation X Celebrations Tennessee Rose) AMHA mare
Celebrations Ritzy Royale (Charles Legacy Royale X Celebrations Tennessee Lady)
WRF Just Spiffy (Celebrations Tennessee Legend X PMM Joys Little Glamour Girl)

#7 candycar

candycar

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

I got mine made from KayJay tack right here on Lilbeginnings. Just e-mail and ask for open cheek peices for your bridle, you may have to remind her she had them made for me (Sherri Conley) and she should remember what to ask the maker for. Choose what finish also. Mine only took about a week to get here, and were very inexpensive. KayJay also gives a discount for LB members. Just look them up on the main page. Good Luck!
JELLY BEAN DELL
Loving home of:
Mini Meadows Gypsy Delight (Jelly Bean) Mare, 35.5 AMHR
Mini Meadows Midnight Lexus (Lexy) Mare, 36.5 AMHR
Coco Puff Mini Molly Mule

#8 sassy1

sassy1

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Minis, Pintos, Harness, Colour Genetics

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

Might be a good idea to measure the width of the strapping of the bridle before getting in touch with anyone. Not all harness is the same, but any good saddler or harness maker should be able to help you.
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot!

#9 Mominis

Mominis

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

Great! I'll give them a try. I did get a quote from For Minis Only of $290 for a multiring surcingle, an open bridle with a crupper and breast collar done in leather. I'm not sure how competitive that price is, so I'll check with the sources that you've mentioned and shop around. He won't be ready to start any of this with for a few more months, so I have time to check out all the options. But, I'd like to get it soon so that I'm organized (I'm pretty type 'A' lol)Thanks!

#10 normajeanbaker

normajeanbaker

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

I had my open bridle with sidecheck rings custom made through Lasalle Harness. Just send them an email and they'll tell you what measurements they need to custom make one in your Mini's size. The leather is awesome and it has snaps to attach the bit to that make it so simple to change from one bit to another. The training bridle is right on their website. Pictured in Full Horse size, but they'll custom make any of their leather goods in Mini size with your measurements you give them.
Jen

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland, Maine

Home of:
Who's Your Daddy
VPS Just A Tad Bad
VPS Simply Irresistible
Lt Dan's Magnificent Toy

In loving memory of:

Norma Jean Baker(April 25, 1999 - July 10, 2012)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users