Photo

My dad is having open heart bypass surgery

27 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos Ranch

Chaos Ranch

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Human compassion. Animal compassion. Understanding. Knowledge.
    Peruvian Paso horses. Website design. Pedigree research. Phtography. Poetry. Understanding the dynamics of relationships in humans as well as animals. Color & pattern genetics in animals. Mentoring and comforting hurting children.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:13 PM

Today was my dad's appointment to have baloon / stint surgery. Turns out they couldn't get in there at all because there was too much blockage. So, they sent him to the next town over and they said they have to do open heart bypass surgery. Not sure if it's for one or two blockages... his heart is in pretty bad shape.

He's never been in a hospital before, and he's scared. I know he's worried about the surgery too because while I was talking to him he says "Kim..... I love you" so I said it back to him and I could hear his voice crack when he told me goodbye.

We're going to go up there as soon as they figure out when they are doing the surgery. I hope it's tomorrow while the kids are at school so that we can go up there and not worry about the kids. I alsso really hope that when the kids get home we'll be able to give them good news about my dad.

If anyone has a spare prayer, please include my dad. His name is Clinton... thank you so much.
^_^

~ Kim C. ~

When weakness is converted to strength, fear is turned into hope.

♥ ♥Check out the latest Lil Beginnings Featured Sale Board Ads HERE!

#2 bjcs

bjcs

Habit Forming

• PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I sure will pray for your dad and also prayers for your family. My dad had this same kind of surgery many years ago and he did fine.

#3 laughingllama75

laughingllama75

Totally Addicted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy raising/training/rescuing llamas, keeping my miniature horses and I am also involved in Chinese crested rescue. I also raise Dexter cattle for beef and milk.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

I am adding your dad's name to my prayer list. I hope everything goes smoothly for his surgery, and I wish him speedy recovery. Please keep us updated as you can. My thoughts and prayers go out to you too........I know this is not an easy time for you either.
Alicia A. Bentley
Llaughing Llama Farm
Salisbury, NH 03268

#4 PaintedMeadows

PaintedMeadows

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

I'm saying big prayers for your Dad! Please keep us updated! Hugs to you all.
Rhonda-Lynne Lanctot
Painted Meadows Miniatures
http://www.paintedme...sminiatures.com

#5 FoRebel

FoRebel

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

Keeping your Dad in my prayers.

My dad went through a triple bypass in December 2007. The recovery can be a bit hard if he's used to doing everything himself... Make sure that he has a firm pillow to hug tight to his chest when he coughs.
Tiffani

*Proud owner of Runaways Red Rebel Midget - AMHR gelding*

"When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved." ~John Lyons

#6 Sterling

Sterling

LB Forum Elite Member!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,944 posts
  • Interests:Dogs, horses, the American West, Native American jewelry and history, family and good friends.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Kim, your dear father is in my prayers.
~Wolf Moon Ranch~

Visit Our Website

Home of L. H. Hershee's Comet - Multiple Champion of National and Open Pleasure Driving, halter and obstacle and SBH Rainman Blues
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At it's finest, driver and horse are joined not by tack, but by trust. Each is totally reliant upon the other...each is the selfless guardian of the other's very well-being.

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around.

#7 Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit

Someone just shoot me!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

My dad had quintuple (5) bypass surgery in 1982. It added almost 12 years to his life. So I look upon it as a Godsend. Hoping all goes well with your dad's surgery. Believe me it is pretty amazing how they have them up and around in no time at all.
Carol Albritton

#8 Hosscrazy

Hosscrazy

I'm a goner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Kim -

Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers...

Liz R.
Liz N.
Forum Moderator
Located in Southern California - home to:
Quarter horses, miniature horses, and a few dogs.

#9 Chaos Ranch

Chaos Ranch

I gotta get a life...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Human compassion. Animal compassion. Understanding. Knowledge.
    Peruvian Paso horses. Website design. Pedigree research. Phtography. Poetry. Understanding the dynamics of relationships in humans as well as animals. Color & pattern genetics in animals. Mentoring and comforting hurting children.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

I appreciate all of the good thoughts and the prayers. I just got an update from my mom. She says he has 4 blockages. One is 40 percent, one is 50 percent one is 70 percent and the last one is 90 percent. He's taking breathing treatments to strengthen his lungs for surgery. My mom is a very nervous type person, she can't bring herself to stay at the hospital with my dad... I'll be surprised if she'll even be able to stay threre through the surgery. She can't handle extreeme emotions. She couldn't even handle to go to the funerals of my two brothers and my niece.
They don't know when they're doing the surgery, whether it's tomorrow or the next day... but I am sick to my stomach and nervous and scared.... snapping at the hubby and kids because I'm scared for my dad.
^_^

~ Kim C. ~

When weakness is converted to strength, fear is turned into hope.

#10 Brandi*

Brandi*

Someone just shoot me!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • Interests:I love anything to do with animals. I enjoy hiking and I really like going to the movies:) My husband and I are both musicians so we pass a lot of time playing the piano and guitar.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

I'm sorry he's having these hard times. I will be praying that the surgery goes well yes.gif Lots of people come out of open heart surgery just fine so try not to stress too much. Everything happens for a reason. wink.gif
Brandi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users