Tips on buying/registering/transfering horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure wish I would have known half of the things in this post a few months back. Still waiting on papers on a filly I paid off in April 2008 from an LB member.

Got any ideas on how to force her to reply and give me my papers? She again is ignoring my emails.

Called both registries yesterday and there is no paperwork in process.

I did contact a lawyer today to see what my next step should be.

I sure wish I would have known half of the things in this post a few months back. Still waiting on papers on a filly I paid off in April 2008 from an LB member. Got any ideas on how to force her to reply and give me my papers? She again is ignoring my emails.

I too have had this problem. my stallion and a mare an not be reg in amhr cuz the previos owners said paperwork at the registry, but registry said neber reeived it. Have tried to contact the previos owners but never anwer my email etc. any suggestions?

I would totally spend the money and hardship her...if anything its like an insurance policy.If something ever happens to you and she must find a new home , people will be waiting in line to have her , and you could pick the best home possible. If she is not registered , and something happens to you , you might have to "settle" for the best home, and you dont want to do that. I never thought I was going to move to Switzerland , and I had to find a home for my hardshiped AMHR, because he was so well trained and in shows , I was able to choose from a lot of exceptional homes for him....what a relief. when you can afford it ..just do it , you will be glad later, and have some fun at the shows
default_laugh.png

Always, always have a contract. My 3 are leaving and tho the deal was exchanges; I still will have a contract and bill of sale/transport. Be sure of everything and anything and put it in writing.

I sure wish I would have known half of the things in this post a few months back. Still waiting on papers on a filly I paid off in April 2008 from an LB member. Got any ideas on how to force her to reply and give me my papers? She again is ignoring my emails.

If it is an active LB member, contact Mona (if you bought it through the Sales Board or LB Auction). I had to do that a few years ago with a situation I had. I got my correct paperwork shortly. If that doesn't work, I would lodge a formal complaint with the registries.

This is very interesting, I am in the process of purchasing a colt from out of state who will not be weaned for a couple of months. The seller wants full payment up front ( I was expecting a deposit). It also says that he is eligible for papers (A & R), I assume that means that I will have to file for them after I pick him up.

What is the usual process in this type of circumstance? Is it out of line for me to ask that I be given a refund if something happens to him before he is weaned?

How would you handle this type of transaction?

I really appreciate any advice.

Latest posts

Back