Pictures of silver dapple roans.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucker

Reaction score
We have a mare that is a roan but not sure if shes a silver dapple roan.so I was wondering if any of you have pics of silver dapple roans I would love to see them.thank you.

I agree we need a picture of your mare but in the meantime here is Willow, my Silver Black Roan- doing a good imression of a goat at one hour old!!

Nowadays she does a pretty good impression of a Camel- she is going to be 13.2hh - according to her anyway, I must get some updated pictures.

She is a nice filly BUT she is HUGE!!!! have no idea where it came from her sister is 29" full grown!!

willow050406002.jpg

This is my mare, Edgewood Skip To My Lou, who I think is a silver dapple SABINO roan (vs. "true roan"). She has white hairs throughout her body but none on her head which is not typical of sabino roan... However, her son (by a solid palomino) is a sabino roan with white hairs on his body and head. True roan horses will have darker heads than bodys which Lou does, but I still think she's sabino roan.

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED.jpg

Lou%20--%20VMHC%202004%20Reserve%20Grand%20Champion%20Mare%20B%20Division%20006.jpg

Lou%20--%20VMHC%202004%20Reserve%20Grand%20Champion%20Mare%20B%20Division%20022%201.jpg

LOU--07312006--%20115.jpg

This is my mare, Edgewood Skip To My Lou, who I think is a silver dapple SABINO roan (vs. "true roan"). She has white hairs throughout her body but none on her head which is not typical of sabino roan... However, her son (by a solid palomino) is a sabino roan with white hairs on his body and head. True roan horses will have darker heads than bodys which Lou does, but I still think she's sabino roan.

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED.jpg

Lou%20--%20VMHC%202004%20Reserve%20Grand%20Champion%20Mare%20B%20Division%20006.jpg

Lou%20--%20VMHC%202004%20Reserve%20Grand%20Champion%20Mare%20B%20Division%20022%201.jpg

LOU--07312006--%20115.jpg
She's VERY pretty!
default_wub.png
:

But I DO see Sabino roaning on the lower head...just not on the "face". That is probably because Silver Dapples (Silver Blacks) will keep a dark "mask" on their face. The roaning just didn't affect that area.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks, Dona! I am sure you are right about the silver dapple mask
default_smile.png
That makes sense to me and I have owned one true roan and knew what Lou has going on is not the same as true roan. She is one of my favorite mares and it doesn't hurt that she's the kind of horse ANYONE can drive and have no worries, just fun
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks, Dona! I am sure you are right about the silver dapple mask
default_smile.png
That makes sense to me and I have owned one true roan and knew what Lou has going on is not the same as true roan. She is one of my favorite mares and it doesn't hurt that she's the kind of horse ANYONE can drive and have no worries, just fun
default_yes.gif
:

Well...she's just beautiful! I love not only her coloring...but her conformation is wonderful. She has a marvelous hip & topline!
default_yes.gif
:

Just as an added note: The roaning on "true roans" can vary as well.
default_yes.gif
: I've had three here....and one actually had roaning on the head as well...to a certain extent. It spread onto the forehead & jaw area.

This mare also had a gray mixed mane...not dark black like the tail & lower legs. As she aged...it did get darker..but never true black.

Here's a silver bay roan pinto mare, Mini Bits Kandi Kisses. She's pictured in her winter coat, but as she is shedding now, her body looks almost white with dark points and a dark head. Very distinctive!

2-07Kandi1.jpg

Here's a couple of our silver dapple roan mare, Fergie.

fergie.jpg

With her blue roan filly 2 years ago.

fergiepinky.jpg

With her bay roan filly (before she shed her baby coat) last year, still with some winter hair on.

Here's my mare RED HILLS MYSTICAL JEWEL she is a silver black roan.

misty.jpg

Here's my mare RED HILLS MYSTICAL JEWEL she is a silver black roan.

misty.jpg

:aktion033: Thanks guys. her main is color of your horse Kendra but looks but has a brown looking head dark legs and white all over Im thinking silver bay in winter her coat looks silver dapple coat like my gelding .Ill get pics as soon as i can. Thanks again guys.

Oh I love your horses they are beautiful. my fav color also.

here is my mare that I call a silver dapple roan.

this picture was taken end of spring early summer

sharhakaleftside8-24-03.jpg

this picture was taken I believe in early spring.

sharhakaheadproof.jpg

this one was taken at AMHR nationals so Septemberish.

sharhakashow.JPG

I dont have a winter picture of her, but she changes every season just about, and is always a silver color.

Latest posts

Back