Show us your....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: I love HAIR!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Lots of it!

Long, lush manes.

Anyone care to share photos of their mini's and their gorgeous locks???

I'm praying Bailey has locks to die for once he matures..
default_pray.gif
:

Oo oo this one I can do! This is my mare Dolly last year. She has quite the mane on her and a HUGE tail. I mean this thing is thick, much thicker than either of my Quarter horses. Don't ask me what I do for it either because the answer is honestly nothing. All I do is run my fingers through them every once in a while. Here she is and she's in foal for May (although not preggers in these pics):

DollyLight.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Sorry for the size!

i love hair too!! lol.

Rachel, i have always adored that mare, she is sooo pretty!

okay well Princess has a pretty messy mane, but it is long!

ArenaGallop007.jpg

ArenaGallop006.jpg

and she definately gave that mane to Charm! his is already longer than Ghost's!!! :eek:

More More!!!

I want to see MORE!!

default_wub.png
:

Thanks everyone...you all have GORGEOUS horses.

This is my beautiful stallion who we lost last year, oh how i miss him so much...

Halo-FieldNiceJuly06.jpg

HALO-MANEMAR06.jpg

And our retired shetland mare... who's now gone off on loan.

Dreamer-Standing.jpg

And her half sister who's now sold..

KatannaFieldNiceMay06.jpg

And Dinki, my rescue gelding..

DINKI-RUGDEC05.jpg

This filly is a relation to our stallion, pictured above, she's only 10 months old and hopefully the hair in the genes, she certainly looks to be heading in the right direction doesn't she..

Brocade-StoodBestMar07.jpg

Our Stallion Scott Creek Monarch Afyre. His mane is almost down to his knees now.

afyebarnc.jpg

May I ask what the trick is to getting the manes that long? Oh la la that is so pretty!

Gage

Here is Prism. She has a very thick and crimpy mane. I love it!

de50da66.jpg

Here is Funny Side

cbb40eca.jpg

default_wub.png
:

I think the long manes must be hereditary. Here is a picture of our old herdsire Fibber, who we lost last year at 21.

fibberright622.jpg

And another picture of him in the pasture with Challenger:

fibchallenger529.jpg

And here's Fibber's son Al (half of his mane is actually blown over here):

al77.jpg

His daughter Miracle:

miracles.jpg

And finally Alex (old pic--if it doesn't come up I'll fix it tomorrow):

02alexmane.jpg

I think the long manes must be hereditary. Here is a picture of our old herdsire Fibber, who we lost last year at 21.

fibberright622.jpg

And another picture of him in the pasture with Challenger:

fibchallenger529.jpg

And here's Fibber's son Al (half of his mane is actually blown over here):

al77.jpg

His daughter Miracle:

miracles.jpg

And finally Alex (old pic--if it doesn't come up I'll fix it tomorrow):

02alexmane.jpg
I've always loved the hair on your herd! :new_shocked: I have 'hair' envy !

Here is my pet Pippy. When we first bought her, her hair was so long it parted down the middle and was the exact same length on eachside. She had no neck.

Picture040.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Pippi-1.jpg

This is Little Star. She had the most amazing mane and tail, after it grew back that is. The adopter who had her before us had cut most of her mane off and the little girl had poured glue in her tail (5 year old wild child) for some unfathomable reason and as a result most of the top portion of her tail came off. :no: It filled back in nicely. It was just about grown in when we lost her to complications from cushings. We only had her a year, but she was loved by all and we still miss her. My youngest asks all the time when Grandma Angel (my mom whom she never met) is going to be bring Little Star back from heaven. Tears my heart out every time.

5789043_348.ts1162431766169.jpg

5789067_348.ts1162431798739.jpg

Aww thanks maplegum! Heck--even I envy their hair sometimes! (But not when I'm brushing it for them. haha)

Hear is Roys awsome mane. I just love it. I keep having to trim it or it would be on the ground most of the time. His tail is a different story :eek: . Hear he is with his mane of glory
default_rolleyes.gif
: ,

Picture026.jpg

Picture003.jpg

When I first bought him it was soooo short it drove me insane
default_wacko.png
: . His tail was thin but REALY long and dragged on the ground even though it was all in knots and some form of a braid.
default_unsure.png
:

Im happy with his hair now though
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Gorgeous manes and tails!! Our little Mickey used to have a gorgeous mane and tail. It parted down the middle and was the same length on both sides. I will have to see if i can find a picture. Anyways, last summer someone snuck in and cut his mane all off and his tail right to the roots. Our poor baby. It is coming back quickly so hopefully it will be back soon.

Latest posts

Back