Tooth Bumps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the past 11 years of me breeding Miniature Horses, my horses had always started to get toothbumps at around 2 years and up to 3 years (infact my show gelding Rowdy has them now) and i have never had a problem, they are nothing to worry about and they do go away in time, by all means get the vet out to check them, but its not really necessary, if they look too big then i would consider the vet, but to me, toothbumps that are the natural ugliness that all of them have to go through lol

I have been told that the bumps under the jaw come from teeth that are ready to grow up but can not due to caps not coming off naturally. If you plan to show or want to eliminate the rough looking under jaw, have a dentist or compitent vet check especially around age 4 or as soon as you notice bumps. Some caps pop off on their own, some need help.

SOme vets dont have the proper dental equip or dont want to mess with dental issues. Ive been told that someone who is trained & specializes would be the best.

Latest posts

Back